Kyocera K9 User Reviews

JACKIE
posted on 06 Mar 2007, 07:54

k9

I got this phone from my daughter. I used it 3 yrs and now the battery is dead. It worked great up until the time the battery started going and then one day..says fully charged but no way to turn it on anymore. I think I got good value for service offered. Now I have to get new phone!

Joe
posted on 28 Jul 2005, 16:14

The K9 is a great buy! The sound is wonderful, and I can get service everywhere that I have ever tried to get it! I just don't know how to access the GPS.

Kyle1
posted on 03 Jun 2005, 16:28

5.8

Kyle1

Small size and lots of features for the money. But the only thing I don't like is that the battery did not last long. The phone is in standby most of the time but the battery is still drained. When I called Virgin moble to ask for another battery (the phone is only 6 months old and still under warranty) they said they would send me a remanufactured phone if I sent them mine back! I didnt buy a remanufactured phone I bought a new one, so I expected them to send a new battery to replace the one that's no good. Well I don't think they care because I have yet to recieve a new battery.

John M.
posted on 19 Mar 2005, 16:16

Pretty Good so far.

Have just had this phone for a little over a week now and I like it. A couple of problems, though. The battery doesn't seem to last too long, even though most of the time the phone is in my pocket. I have just turned off the GPS full time feature hoping that I get longer life out of it. One more thing, I don't like a phone that plays music or voices when it rings, just sound like a telephone please. When I tried to select the "telephone" ringtone, it wouldn't work. I called Virgin Mobile and was told that that particular ringtone doesn't work in any of their phones. So I've got a cricket in my pocket.

Ulga
posted on 22 Jan 2005, 23:29

K9 is great.

I like this phone a lot. I take it everywhere. It holds a charge well too. I wouldn't want any other phone. I just hate having to do the stupid TOP UP stuff. Wait, did I say that?

Phil
posted on 27 Dec 2004, 01:48

The K9--first impressions

Very small unit; decent quality pushbuttons, but tiny keypad; overall construction seems good; Virgin Mobile uses the Sprint PCS (digital--1.9Ghx) and signal-strength is usable (OUTDOORS) here in west-central Mass; trying a three 24-hour cycle burn-in of the new batteries (li-ion) to see whether batt. life is any good--no news on that yet. Overall, you can get these things for less than $40 from Virgin, so I'm buying a few, using one as spare battery, antenna, charger and other parts for very low cost.