iPhone 5S unlikely to have wireless charging, better luck with iPhone 6
13. JunBringer (Posts: 93; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
and of course it'll use some BS proprietary tech if they ever even do wireless charging.
14. rodkurt (Posts: 128; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
that would be next year where as this year other phones would already have wireless charging...
15. GALAXY-STORM (Posts: 328; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
Galaxy S IV to have floating touch and Green PHOLED material AMOLED display
16. davecann2 (Posts: 460; Member since: 15 Mar 2011)
I'm sorry t have to say this... 2013 is going to be a bad year for Apple. ;(
I know they will bounce back!
20. darkkjedii (Posts: 8896; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Stay tuned Dave. I talked to some developers at CES. And you'll be surprised bro.
22. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4579; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"I talked to some developers at CES."
You are funny. :D
25. darkkjedii (Posts: 8896; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Get lost, and stop quoting everything people post. That's funny :D
28. Hollywould (Posts: 14; Member since: 31 Oct 2012)
Surprised that nothing has changed? Except maybe a number.
29. frydaexiii (Posts: 1144; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Talked to some developers...So? It's not like devs can do anything to iOS other than to their own apps. And what the devs know, we know. And what we know is that every iPhone XS iteration is supposed to be a software boost over hardware...but following Apple's performance 2 years ago with the introduction of the 4S shows us how low Apple standards are (a then really crappy and veta assistant? Really? You call that software improvement?)
26. darkkjedii (Posts: 8896; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I attend CES every year Dave, and although apple has no official presence their, some of their developers do. Several changes are going on with iOS for this year. I'm not sure just how big they will be, but its supposed to be significant. iOS 7 betas are already in the wild...take my word on that bro.
30. frydaexiii (Posts: 1144; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Yeah, what do you think their devs are there doing? Stiffing about and stealing ideas from the real innovative people who actually bother to present their cool ideas at CES
34. rusticguy (Posts: 2810; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
So their devs were basically there stealing ideas? ... Just wondering.
36. darkkjedii (Posts: 8896; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Don't know what they were doing, but they did shed a lil light on some things tho.
46. jcarrigan (unregistered)
ok darkkjedii ill take your word on it pal, chief, buddy! I think its hilarious that once again apple fails to be the first to introduce anything revolutionary(siri doesnt count since its "windows is the best phone" software update) lol
17. timtimity (Posts: 196; Member since: 13 Aug 2012)
Despite their recent history I do like Apple. The thing that frustrates me is when they announce something that has already existed as new and a lot of people believe them because they don't look at different manufacturers or aren't interested in tech news.
I have one request to Apple. If you reveal wireless charging on a future iPhone you can call it iCharge or whatever you want and you can talk about how it's new to the iPhone, but do not pretend that it's revolutionary and new to the phone market.
33. darkkjedii (Posts: 8896; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I agree with you on that. They'd look like complete idiots, trying to make it look like they invented wireless charging.
38. andro. (Posts: 1926; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Expect this quote from apple in 2014 or even 2015 "and today we bring you a miraculous feat of technology,a wireless charger for the new iPhone. Charging your phone has never seemed so beautiful "
47. jcarrigan (unregistered)
Yeah I hear ya, I work sales in the wireless industry and it frustrates me to know end with the general idiocy of Apple's customers! "OH THIS PHONE IS AMAZING IT IS 4 INCHES AND IT HAS A NEW CHARGING PORT OMGSH!" and when you show these clowns the tech inside other phones they sometimes can get violent about it. I sh*t you not a buddy of mine working for some low pay crappy verizon authorized retailer was assualted because he was offering an android phone to this guest! haha!
19. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1616; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
So the iPhone 5 is outdated before its even comeout...
49. jcarrigan (unregistered)
the last cool iPhone was the 3gs after that i hated apple.
48. jcarrigan (unregistered)
itll be outdated simply because it will have a 4 inch screen.
23. Taters (Posts: 2094; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
They need a new body to incorporate wireless charging. The HTC 8x having it while the HTC One not having it says it all. IPhone 6 at the earliest.
If you want wireless charging, they have to go back to glass or gasp, the cheap plastic Apple fans can't stand so much.
24. bluescreen (Posts: 151; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
im still trying to figure out why cr@pple needs to make 2 of the same phone a year....i mean everyone already knows the iphone6 is gonna be crappy and un innovative so u might as well just wait for the iphone 6s when they get on par with all the other innovative smart phones.....
37. Altair (Posts: 278; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Nothing new here. Apple products are behind curve already. They will be so even more n the future.
40. Trade_Mark (banned) (Posts: 9; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Stocks have fallen. iP5 is declining in sales, wondering what's next.....?
39. neurobiologist (Posts: 65; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)
Like any temporary thing, iphone had exhausted its potential. Like palaroid camera and many many other things, that supposed to be at every home, by it's creator's opinion. Only dynamically adapting things are having chances to survive.
42. Daftama (Posts: 540; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Can we jump the gun here one time screw 5s lets get into Icrap 6 so ppl can be disappointed again