iOS 7: multitasking for all apps arrives
1. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Multitasking looks exactly like androids.....looks aren't everything apple....
25. picka_vi_materina (Posts: 166; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
What are you guys smoking? Multitasking is a direct copy of Symbian Belle FP2. UI with the transparencies, blur, and font is a direct copy of Jolla's Sailfish OS. Well done Apple.
29. roldefol (Posts: 3260; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
My apologies. I'm from the US. We never really saw a Symbian phone.
37. Tuxedo (Posts: 193; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
You can't see "multitasking"; what you see is the task switching UI. All I hope is that Apple's way of multitasking won't be a battery hog like Android.
2. MartianMe (unregistered)
looks like Android ripoff to me...and they're still going to sue anyone who try to copy this...HAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAA .....what a joke!!!
3. bittertruth247 (Posts: 31; Member since: 03 May 2013)
Wow, it's 2013 and Apple Iphone's are finally doing multitasking! Interesting considering Palm, Windows ce, and Android have all been doing that feature for over 4 years!! Welcome to the party Apple, I guess better late than never! I wonder when or if Apple will ever let people download free music like android does or are they going to continue to rip people off by charging for something everyone else provides for free?
10. MobileCaseReview (Posts: 242; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I'm a note 2 owner and I chose to support the artist by actually purchasing their music as opposed to downloading "free" aka pirated music. But to each their own.
14. NexusKoolaid (Posts: 341; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
What are you talking about?!? Apple Invented multitasking! They just waited to bring it to you at the perfect time.
32. theuwilliam (Posts: 4; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
If they invented that multitasking, why didn't they release it from the gecko? Their only multitasking was holding down the home button and clicking the "x"
18. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
And now it will be time for everyone who owns an iToy that has less than an A6 CPU to upgrade their iToy. Benefits and costs.
4. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1011; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
SO..................What makes iOS7 look innovative?? Android has done that for a while now. Whatever makes Apple customers happy is what they're after. I'll stay with Android and call it a day
5. Zero0 (Posts: 592; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Wow. The first multitasking mobile OS. Innovation as usual.
When Android steals this idea several years ago, Apple should sue. Same for Windows Phone. And Blackberry.
11. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
I can't tell if being sarcastic or true....
12. 90ninjas (unregistered)
"When Android steals this idea several years ago..."
This should make it obvious.
21. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 306; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Sarcastic my friend because it's the first multitasking mobile OS and also because Android stole this idea from Apple several years ago, which neither of those are true.
6. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Lmao .....it's still android all day everyday !!! Welcome to 2013 apple lol
15. maxican16 (Posts: 364; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
More like, "Welcome to 2009." Better late than never I guess. I am actually interested in this because competition is great and it will push android and other operating systems to continue to innovate (and lead the way).
24. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 306; Member since: 26 May 2011)
It was always inevitable for Apple, they just were motivated to do so because highend android phones didn't have the hardware necessary to take full advantage of multitasking when it first got introduced to the android os. What I mean by taking full advantage of multitasking is not just being able to run simultaneous apps at once, but to be able to do so and have the user experience remain very smooth and/or snappy.
30. darkkjedii (Posts: 14119; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Gotta admit tho bro. They did a good job.
7. ianbbaa (Posts: 283; Member since: 20 Mar 2013)
androids long press home button....did apple already patented double click on home button??? If yes, probably they will sue google as long press is in their sight similar to double click.
8. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Android Google litigate this rotten fruit™
16. maxican16 (Posts: 364; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
The last thing the industry needs are more lawsuits.
9. JunitoNH (Posts: 1127; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Well, that is great, if it looks exactly like Android; now you can have the OS without the clunker, and lag that is Android.
13. buccob (Posts: 1813; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
not quite... but they are trying... top Android phones are still way ahead the iPhone...
17. PhoneCritic (Posts: 423; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
The old adage is "copying is the best form of flattery". So I guess Apple is admitting Google, Microsoft, Blackberry etc. had it all right. it is about time. Good move on their part but not revolutionary.
31. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 306; Member since: 26 May 2011)
It will only be revolutionary to iPhone users who have deprived themselves of the Android ecosystem for the last several years.
19. Penny (Posts: 1361; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
Come on people. Yes, other operating systems already have this, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't include it. You're supposed to improve on your deficiencies. Stop being such fanboys and learn to view things objectively.
Beside, this looks and functions a hell of a lot more like WP than Android. The fact that you don't know that just confirms your fanboyism and lack of knowledge of anything outside of Android.
23. saiki4116 (Posts: 374; Member since: 31 Mar 2011)
for an iOS user, it's definitely the best update,cause apple has included the basic features it's been missing from a long time.. But to any person who has been using Android, this update definitely looks like a Joke. Even the Color palette and flat UI, definitely imitates Android UX experience.
20. saiki4116 (Posts: 374; Member since: 31 Mar 2011)
Great catch up by Apple, sadly they still have to play catch up.. The UI is like MIUI ROM, but definitely a lot better than the shiny one before that.
26. drnggaj33 (Posts: 127; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
i guess you still have to close apps one by one looks like bb os and andriod os mix lol good job apple after 3yrs ....now when that iphone 5s comes out they are gonna copy samsung with the stuff that the samsung s4 has already
27. darkkjedii (Posts: 14119; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
APPLE WOWWWWWWW!!! The big A wasn't kidding.
33. MartianMe (unregistered)
hey darkk if that's you in the pic. ...shouldn't you be taking care of your grandkids by now and keep an eye on that woman who knows what she's doing while you're commenting ...oh maybe she's facebooking with her HS sweethearts.....please go over to cnet.... like.. right now.
35. universal_galaxy (Posts: 2; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
Swipe upwards to remove looks like a absolute ripoff from Web OS from 3 years ago.
36. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 698; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
This is the limit of Phonearena. It is so biased to Apple that they have removed the dislike buttons from all iOS7 posts. Great going PA... Worst site ever...