Xiaomi Mi 5 beats Samsung Galaxy S7 and LG G5 in AnTuTu
1. kobainez (Posts: 427; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Haha poor exynos phanbois that said exynos scored 130k haha
4. KillTheKardashians (banned) (Posts: 93; Member since: 19 Feb 2016)
Your life must be so sad
8. kobainez (Posts: 427; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Poor fanboi couldn't accept the fact that their so called the most powerful exynos is defeated by snapdragon. Last year Samsung fanboi always boasted about exynos but now look at their faces hahahhahaha
10. KillTheKardashians (banned) (Posts: 93; Member since: 19 Feb 2016)
When you are older than 8 years old, Please kill yourself.
67. PootisMan (Posts: 248; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
I know he's being a toll or what not, but please don't take the words "please kill yourself" to lightly. It's not something you should say regardless of who you're saying it to.
14. Jason2k13 (Posts: 1144; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
You do realise that the Mi5 runs on FHD right while the S7 runs on QHD? and you do realise the scores could change once the phones are available to consumers?
And yes your life must be sad to actually find it 'amusing' like you just won a lottery just because the exynos scored less, even when the scores are from pre-release phones?
19. insyt (Posts: 49; Member since: 16 Sep 2015)
Well kudos to Sony and Xiaomi for releasing top end phones with 1080p screens. Better performance and more battery life.
42. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3606; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Aye, it's beautiful and great.
But they could've done something like, Standard with 1080p, High with 2k and Exclusive with QHD display.
52. Shocky (Posts: 2222; Member since: 16 May 2012)
Not really, Samsung users can change resolution in games, for general use it doesn't matter.
On-screen 3d benchmarks are irrelevant these days.
20. kobainez (Posts: 427; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Lg g5 with 2k display beats samdung crappynos so what's your point?
27. artixine (Posts: 21; Member since: 18 Nov 2015)
shhhh,shut your trap, moron. kill yourself already
62. neela_akaash (Posts: 1112; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
Someone's Butt is hurting so much..... ouch.
34. S.R.K. (banned) (Posts: 678; Member since: 11 Feb 2016)
Why so hate for a great Exynos Cpu?
41. kamejoko (Posts: 189; Member since: 10 Nov 2011)
how about if g5 have higher clock speed? and why g4 and v10 have weak cpu than galaxy s6, but lg fan still buy it? why lg fan don't buy galaxy s6?.
26. s.kumaran (Posts: 25; Member since: 18 Feb 2016)
Mi5 runs - 1080 x 1920 pixels (~424 ppi pixel density)
30. mahima (Posts: 116; Member since: 20 Nov 2014)
why so much not so positive comment on mi5, its unnescessary, and why you spent so much time on the product you dont like...there are people who are excited for this!
55. Piyath_ale (Posts: 79; Member since: 02 Nov 2015)
That's the exact point here. No point of cramming every single option in to the phone if it cannot perform like a champ. Who needs Qhd. 1080p is way adequate. We must consider every aspect of the phone. Not just the display. If u want a display, go and buy a 4K TV instead. Putting so much pixels in to a tiny screen is not innovation but utter madness..
80. epdm2be (Posts: 471; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
Even 4K TV's are useless without actual 4K content AND 4K broadcasts!
And no I don't consider a s**tty smartphone videoclip in 4K a proper 4K video. There are 1080P bluray demo discs with more quality and sharpness than what a crappy smartphone can deliver. Or do you really think that cinematographers from National geographic and Discovery Channel use smartphones to record those fantastic nature films?
Unfortunately it appears that consumers have more common sense than CEO's (and CTO's) from multi-billion dollar corporations.
66. integrazimmy (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 May 2015)
I tend to look at the final result in terms of how the phone actually behaves, bc I know that cpu benchmark scores aren't everything!! These LG and Sammy wars are just amusing!!! I would however, like to point out that Phone Arena is quite biased towards Sammy!!! If the Exynos chip would've beat the LG G5, the headlines would've probably read something like this "Samsung Galaxy S7 DEMOLISHES LG G5" or "Will LG's CPU Best Samsung's? Not this year". But since the LG G5 actually beat Samsung's, the title was quite subtle and merely informative!!! Lol!! Also Phone Arena posted that the Exynos scored around 120,000. Not even close, it barely did 116,000, so it was upped in score. Where the LG G5 was downgraded to " just above 130,000" when in reality it was closer to 135,000. Funny things if you read between th lines!!! I have an LG G4 and Imm looking forward to buying the LG G5!!!
70. marorun (Posts: 3108; Member since: 30 Mar 2015)
Jason you do realise LG G5 run at same resolution than S7 right?
Still beat the S7 right?
21. NoToFanboys (Posts: 1108; Member since: 03 Oct 2015)
sooooo, if a person contradicts you you automatically call them fanbois? you must be a genius.
45. Bm888 (Posts: 390; Member since: 06 Jul 2015)
I don't know but I have a hunch Samsung played it safe with their exynos at launch and waited to see benchmarks of sd with other oems. .wait the final release coz Sammy might tweak its exynos and blow people's mind.* Samsung game
54. Piyath_ale (Posts: 79; Member since: 02 Nov 2015)
Y bother about others? How about your life? Miserable?
29. s.kumaran (Posts: 25; Member since: 18 Feb 2016)
Samsung Galaxy S7 - 1440 x 2560 pixels (~577 ppi pixel density)
32. SayMobile (Posts: 92; Member since: 29 Jan 2014)
the design is a total samsung rip off. looks almost like last years note 5 from d back.
39. mafiaprinc3 (Posts: 512; Member since: 07 May 2012)
just remember the mi note and mi note pro had a similar design which came out a year before the note 5,so if you asked me samsung ripped off xiaomi
60. keithtae (Posts: 341; Member since: 25 Mar 2015)
That name, Mi 'Note' itself is a ripoff. These chinese companies just couldn't stop copying these bigger companies, which spent billions on R&D.
They are able to sell phones at a much cheaper price? Of course! They don't have to spend any bucks on R&D, all they gotta do is copy!
64. nodes (Posts: 681; Member since: 06 Mar 2014)
and this big korean company copied a chinese company that couldn't stop copying.
in other words, same copycats.
35. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
Look guys, a lowlife noob who cares about Antutu scores.
49. Ordinary (Posts: 2175; Member since: 23 Apr 2015)
You would be surprised when you go on youtube at look at the comments of clueless people talking about antutu, lol.
51. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
40. s.kumaran (Posts: 25; Member since: 18 Feb 2016)
kobainez- The new processors in the Galaxy S7 and edge phones boast high performance but will also run cooler, using a "tube" that helps keep the phone cool in your hand, "Thermal spreader" Water-cooling technology to avoid the phones overheating. Are you so foolish?
72. Arch_Fiend (Posts: 2017; Member since: 03 Oct 2015)
1080p screen so I expected nothing less.
73. HomerS (Posts: 168; Member since: 19 Sep 2014)
6. KillTheKardashians (banned) (Posts: 93; Member since: 19 Feb 2016)
it´s just a benchmark ! Keep calm, there is nothing special on this phone
44. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 2696; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
If it were half the price, then yes.
3. shy2papa (Posts: 294; Member since: 23 Jan 2010)
Nice I have actually found a phone i would buy apart from The LG G5
5. xuerantiger (Posts: 52; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
guessing it has something to do with the 1080 display?
7. BradyCrack (Posts: 493; Member since: 29 Dec 2015)
This is why you stay with a 1080 display.
38. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
Umm, why exactly? To brag about benchmarks?
Because benchmarks are the only graphic rendering that will actually render in QHD. Besides, you can tone down resolution in real games. You can play at 1080p on a QHD screen, but you can't play at QHD on a 1080p screen.
Goodness, the world is getting dumber by the day.
75. EcoCare (Posts: 381; Member since: 30 Jul 2014)
"Because benchmarks are the only graphic rendering that will actually render in QHD."
You just proved his point.
82. epdm2be (Posts: 471; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
Would you actually see the difference in sharpness when playing at QHD? Is the decrease in framerate really worth the additional pixels? Then there's the overall decrease in battery life AND the higher price. Especially for a device that spend half its life with its screen off?
9. MaryPoopins (Posts: 134; Member since: 15 Jan 2015)
A pity I'm only about 6 months into my Mi Note Pro usage. (I live to an 18 month phone cycle)
Good looks, just like the Note Pro.
And the loveliness of MIUI.
The price rumours kinda spoil the party a bit tho :(
11. MaryPoopins (Posts: 134; Member since: 15 Jan 2015)
Actually, looking at the xiaomi website now, the price is GREAT !! :D
DAMN I WANNA UPGRADE !! Hahah
31. Podrick (Posts: 444; Member since: 19 Aug 2015)
(Note: In case he changes it, he has Xiaomi Mi Note Pro in his "Have it" list)
36. S.R.K. (banned) (Posts: 678; Member since: 11 Feb 2016)
But you're pre_loved iPhones are made in China.
48. submar (Posts: 347; Member since: 19 Sep 2014)
iPhone will cost 1500 bucks, if Apple makes iPhone themselves
83. epdm2be (Posts: 471; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
... yeah that's what they let us believe. Fortunately, the joy of being paranoid is that I don't always believe what "they" tell me. ;-)
15. Skimshaddy (Posts: 32; Member since: 23 Feb 2016)
Only Chinese phones would overclock then burn your house down lol.
18. insyt (Posts: 49; Member since: 16 Sep 2015)
It's not due to over clocking. It's the sensible choice of a 1080p screen that does the trick.
58. nodes (Posts: 681; Member since: 06 Mar 2014)
1080p vs QHD doesn't affect Antutu that much, only ~3k.
just look at iPhone 6S 750p vs 1080p in 6S Plus, 1080p has twice the pixels of that 750p.
QHD is not even twice the 1080p.