Verizon Wireless data network down across the country
1. ayephoner (Posts: 837; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
data is down in eastern VA.
i was really worried it was an issue w/ my galaxy nexus.
60. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 294; Member since: 26 May 2011)
What does WiFi have to do with 3G or 4G/LTE? If you WiFi is down, then it's not because of VZW.
43. drarnold (Posts: 1; Member since: 21 Dec 2011)
just got back 3G in Miami not too long ago.
52. terabyteRouser (Posts: 452; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Me too. I was contemplating the return. Thanks for the report!
2. vantenkiest (Posts: 308; Member since: 20 Apr 2011)
Same with my razr.. I have no 3g 1x or well yeah 4g.. its all gone.. if i want data i need wifi.. wtf
8. cfprelude (Posts: 119; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
thats horrible... none?? thats never happened to me thankfully. 3g is kicking strong here in jax.
9. vantenkiest (Posts: 308; Member since: 20 Apr 2011)
and im supposed to be using my gps in about an hour to get to an interview.. guess i gotta print the directions
3. FastKatt (Posts: 7; Member since: 22 May 2011)
No data on Bionic, DX, D2, & D1.
61. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 294; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Yeah, my Thunderbolt, DX, D3, D2, D1 were all down as well in southen California.
5. nicki1pt (Posts: 3; Member since: 09 Apr 2008)
None on my galaxy nexus in NY. Looks like since 3:30 AM when my Gmail stopped syncing.
6. cfprelude (Posts: 119; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
didnt have 4g on the way to work like i normally would but its been so hit or miss with the GN i cant say if its the phone or the network unfortunately :( (Jax, fl)
7. Ceajka3383 (Posts: 5; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Yeah i was at work when this happened my data stopped right at 330 am
12. batt1719 (Posts: 2; Member since: 17 Jun 2011)
Same problem and time in Chicago. Which is unfortunate, before the outtage i had a speed test pull a 24mps down on my Nexus.
13. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4340; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I am currently in south eastern part of the U.S. There is no 3G or 4G on my Samsung Galaxy Nexus & Droid Charge. Man I have only been with Verizon Wireless for a little over 48 hours & I just hope this doesn't happen often.
My wife is like WHAT?!? I CAN'T USE FACEBOOK?!? I told her it's not the end of the world, she can catch up on the book she is reading. She was like I know I am just kidding.
Secretly though I think there was some truth to that mini outburst, but don't tell her that. lol
24. vantenkiest (Posts: 308; Member since: 20 Apr 2011)
Dont you Dare.. for the sake of your balls man..
62. vantenkiest (Posts: 308; Member since: 20 Apr 2011)
I got a red headed Fiancee. and she didnt have her netflix or pandora on her way to work today.. long bus ride for her.. HOLY #*&$@# (#$% she was pissed.
50. Conan_Kudo (Posts: 19; Member since: 21 Dec 2011)
This will happen at least once every three months. That's when they do their tune-up of the eHPRD protocol bridge for UMTS and CDMA2000 to allow the LTE and 1xEV-DO networks to work together.
Personally, I would suggest T-Mobile's Galaxy S II and the GSM Galaxy Nexus instead of the Verizon Galaxy Nexus and the DROID Charge.
14. MalakiMills (Posts: 256; Member since: 15 Jun 2010)
Upstate new york is still good with 3G, can't speak for 4G yet.
15. roldefol (Posts: 3124; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I thought it was just my Rezound being funky. Ha! Yep, southern Michigan and NW Ohio EVDO are also down.
16. nicki1pt (Posts: 3; Member since: 09 Apr 2008)
it just popped up....but left again..forget it...lol
17. coolastic11 (Posts: 6; Member since: 24 Nov 2011)
Clevelands got 3g I don't have an lte phone so I don't know about 4g. Xperia play hope this helps
18. pimpclark (Posts: 12; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
I am in downtown Chicago and live in the western suburbs and I am all good on my Droidx in both these areas in fact I am using my Dx as a hotspot. Current time is 7:20 AM Central.
19. arcq12 (Posts: 733; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
hoefully no one will say 'move to Sprint!' lol
21. roldefol (Posts: 3124; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Wouldn't help me, Sprint doesn't even offer 3G here!
26. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
I'm on both and this Verizon "outage" is still better than my normal 3g on Sprint
22. cml315 (Posts: 1; Member since: 21 Dec 2011)
Galaxy Nexus 3G is still good - Arlington, VA.
23. jaabubby (Posts: 38; Member since: 16 Jan 2010)
No 4G in Pittsburgh on my BIONIC - 3G though, but it is intermittent.
27. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
This is ironic, I just hacked my Evo 3D to take only Verizon towers, and then the next day Verizon has a huge outage! I guess I just can't have good data speeds XD
28. Acranos (Posts: 1; Member since: 21 Dec 2011)
I just got my 3G back in downtown NYC on my Galaxy Nexus not 4G LTE though
34. roldefol (Posts: 3124; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
News reports are showing this only affects 4G phones. My fiancee's VZW iPhone is unaffected for example. So it sounds like it's not a total data outage, it's an eHRPD outage.
35. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
People need to know the TRUTH this outage crap happens OFTEN honestly far to much. Yeah verizon is kool when LTE WORKS otherwise they aint special.
37. Rayzin (Posts: 83; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
My Data is fine.... oh wait..... I have T-Mobile :)
38. jkapster (Posts: 49; Member since: 15 Dec 2010)
3G is working in Phoenix, AZ, No 4G though! WTF, I was just enjoying 25 down and 9 up yesterday on my GNEX, now creeping along on 3G, lol!
39. superguy (Posts: 271; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
Down in the Baltimore area. 3G eventually came back on, but 4G is MIA.
Thought it was just something with my phone till I talked to a coworker and found he was having problems too.
41. Phullofphil (Posts: 801; Member since: 10 Feb 2009)
I am just getting 3 g back as i am able to right this and i thought it qas my phone i am relieved. I just exchanged my last one because i had heat problems and lousy worse than normal studder in every thing. This phone works twenty times better but as soon as i activated it had no data. Really glad because this phone kicks ass now
44. Phullofphil (Posts: 801; Member since: 10 Feb 2009)
Oh yeah i am in portland oregon on gal nex
42. Goldeneye (Posts: 358; Member since: 22 Jan 2011)
Northern Nevada no data on my wife's RAZR last night i bately have 3G in my Nexus this morning, I want LTE back! Lol
53. sephiroth85 (Posts: 4; Member since: 08 Dec 2011)
No 4G in the Greater New Orleans area. 3G has been rather spotty also. Droid Charge user. Once I leave a wi-fi area, I have ZERO data connection. Hoping this fixes by 3pm cause I am leaving down and need GPS to get to a friends house later out in the sticks about an hr north of New Orleans.
54. N.Reynolds (Posts: 257; Member since: 15 Feb 2011)
No. Have had 4G all day. Haven't noticed a single issue here in MN.
55. cfprelude (Posts: 119; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
4g seems to be back in north florida... had 3g all day though.
56. jaabubby (Posts: 38; Member since: 16 Jan 2010)
Still 3G in Pittsburgh. 4G is out. Both are intermittent though.
57. jczepole (Posts: 19; Member since: 02 Nov 2011)
I went all last night in Albuquerque without data my wife had 3g on her incredible 2. I only have 3g today on my bionic. 3rd time in 2 weeks here.