Upcoming HTC One (M8) Max phablet tipped to boast Snapdragon 805 chipset
1. aayupanday (Posts: 574; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Scorching Hot ?!?!
I don't think that Tag applies to the SD805... Rather the Tegra K1.
2. Doakie (Posts: 2007; Member since: 06 May 2009)
I love my Note 3, and always wanted a One Max because I really really liked my M7. But I'm not interested in a HUGE bodied aluminum HTC phone anymore. Aluminum ages horribly, and Boomsound speakers add too much size to the body. I love how my Note 3 is predominantly screen with only enough room for off screen nav buttons on the bottom. But I'm thinking of going just a little smaller overall size next time. And I imagine a 5.5" screened One will have such huge bezels that the overall size will be bigger than the 5.7" screened Note 3.
I really think my future dollars are probably going to the Moto X2. As long as Motorola left the recipe the same and just added a larger screen I'm there. It will be mine!
4. aayupanday (Posts: 574; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
The size of the M8 Max is going to be around the frame of the Xperia Z Ultra.
3. 1701nino (unregistered)
The One Maxx last year was a total failure.I can't believe that snobody in htc didn't see that coming.I mean phone to large to handle,specs were mid-range back then even.If you are making a big phone it has to be a spec beast.
5. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3, Huawei Ascend Mate/Mate 2, Sony Xperia T2 Ultra, HP Slate 6 Voicetab are big phones but aren't spec beast.
21. chocolaking (Posts: 494; Member since: 22 May 2012)
how the f would you say it fail? My one max performs like a stunna when i held it on my hand.
btw, I couldn't find any phone that has a better screen than my one max.
6. gd761 (Posts: 136; Member since: 18 Sep 2012)
The HTC ONE MAX being Downsized from 5.9" to 5.5" while this Phone being Updated is a Serious Epic Fail.
Either keep the Screen the Same Size or go Bigger, NOT Smaller!
Add More RAM & ROM.
DON'T make this Update to the HTC ONE MAX be a Disappointing Fail.
Make this Another HTC Achievement that Everyone Will be Talking about and Striving to Catch Up to and Copy!
8. newbey123 (Posts: 575; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Sounds like a nice phablet device with the 805 chip. Hope it gets released soon, been thinking about picking up a phablet and this will be it if they release it.
9. GoBears (Posts: 449; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Just upgrade the damn camera already and it will sell!
19. nathan.carter (Posts: 416; Member since: 11 Aug 2014)
It will be updated. when its released as the next nexus device.......
10. Dude2014 (Posts: 439; Member since: 12 Feb 2014)
Who wants this crap when you can get premium Note 4 at the same price? HTC's One Max was a joke last year. HTC phones don't have any features to take advantage of big screen like Note series already have. Eg, multitasking,S Note,etc.
16. pulkit1 (Posts: 354; Member since: 03 Jul 2014)
Refinement my friend , Some of us really like devices like the one because they are refined ( smooth and fast even after a year of use ).
11. zachattack (Posts: 621; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
Samsung fans are funny.. HTC makes better phones, no lag... Something that can't be said with their phones being crammed with tons of useless features. HTC does it right every time even with the max you're just upset they are going to make the note 4 look like an average Joe.
12. JunBringer (Posts: 137; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
Dang, I was hoping for over six inches.
13. isprobi (Posts: 654; Member since: 30 May 2011)
So what is Max about a 5.5 inch screen? My smallest Android is that size?
14. Armchair_Commentator (Posts: 222; Member since: 08 May 2014)
If only the one max came to AT&T I would be using it, for what I use the phone for the 600 would be plenty, but if this actually comes around I may give it another shot, I hope the extra size will help with the bezels somehow but I can deal as long as they have nice boomsound speakers again
17. nathan.carter (Posts: 416; Member since: 11 Aug 2014)
finally they let the cat out of the bag. theres the new nexus device. finally. you dont have to belive me. but that right there is living proof that HTC is the maker of the Nexus one. RETURN OF SHAMU!!!
18. Eclectech (Posts: 218; Member since: 01 May 2013)
Hmmmm, I'm really curious to see the final spec sheet and design cues on this device. If HTC gets it right, I might trade in my HTC One m8 for this.
20. gd761 (Posts: 136; Member since: 18 Sep 2012)
If this HTC ONE MAX is what it claims to be but with a Screen 5.9" or Larger and 1080P or Higher, then I Would Upgrade from My HTC ONE MAX to this HTC ONE MAX (M8).
22. nathan.carter (Posts: 416; Member since: 11 Aug 2014)
waiting for the final nexus design now..... they change the specs so much cant have any accurate leads. if im wrong about the htc nexus one ill buy the htc one m8. google play editioin.
23. thabanga510 (Posts: 1; Member since: 26 Aug 2014)
I have the HTC One Max and its the best phone I have had. If they decrease the screen size on the next one i will probably switch to the Note 4.