Unlocked international HTC One (M8) to get Android 4.4.3 this week; last update before Android L
HTC has been able to shoe horn the entire Android 4.4.4 update into Android 4.4.3. That means that versions of the flagship phone receiving Android 4.4.3 will then go straight to Android L. With the international update rolling out, it won't be terribly long before AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon customers receive the same update. Don't forget that HTC has promised to roll out Android L to HTC One (M8) and HTC One (M7) owners, no later than 90 days after it receives the final update from Google.
So to recap, the Google Play edition of the HTC One (M8) has received Android 4.4.4. Sprint customers have received a version of Android 4.4.3 that combines both Android 4.4.3 and Android 4.4.4. That update is being pushed out this week to unlocked international versions of the phone, and will soon go out to AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon branded HTC One (M8) handsets. From there, Android L will be next. Better study up. There will be a pop quiz on this stuff later this month.
source: @moversi via AndroidPolice, AndroidAuthority
1. CyberFalcon (Posts: 159; Member since: 17 Apr 2014)
Good job HTC...
Now what about the other budget phones???
2. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3222; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Htc has been doing a terrific job of handling flagships since Htc One.
All they need is to remove their damn head from their butt and swallow the fact about their ultrapixel crap. They are just not in a condition to take a risk on an "innovation" which clearly states inferior on paper (16mp>4mp).
8. darkskoliro (Posts: 970; Member since: 07 May 2012)
With the rumour of the M8 Prime and its camera, i seriously doubt htc will ever want to talk about their 4mp again when it comes to next year haha.
3. The-Sailor-Man (Posts: 844; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
That will make 3-4 ppl, very happy.
And of course all the iboys from the tech sites forums, that pretend to be M8 owners. LOL
4. PapaSmurf (limited) (Posts: 8300; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Actual M8 owner here. Problem?
5. Sid91 (Posts: 65; Member since: 06 May 2014)
I Have a htc m8 dual sim europe unlocked version, does the update also include it ??
7. The-Sailor-Man (Posts: 844; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
I believe you because you are not here for bashing Samsung. Here are may be few more like you that have M8 with full price(that's the article about)
9. amats69 (Posts: 1036; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
just stfu u sammy fanboy...just enjoy your plastic bandaid while we enjoy our M8..did one of the HTC phone molested you during your childhood?lol
10. The-Sailor-Man (Posts: 844; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
Here you have one of the fake M8 "owners" I'm talking about(amats69)
11. PapaSmurf (limited) (Posts: 8300; Member since: 14 May 2012)
He's mad lmfao.
12. ngo2dd (Posts: 781; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
I don't understand all the hate for HTC. The camera is not the best but does the job and it very good in low light. If they put in an 8 mp camera they would hit the sweet spot. But that is hard with 2 micron pixels
13. amats69 (Posts: 1036; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
LOL fake owner of M8? oh just ask Papasmurf about that.haha
14. chebner (Posts: 140; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Hey POPi? If Samesung is so awesome why are you posting on an HTC article? Jealous of a phone with superior design?
6. newbey123 (Posts: 408; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Can't wait to get the android version on my M8. Best android device available right now.