Tweet hints that something BIG is happening with Firefox for Android next week
What can it all mean? Earlier this week, Firefox for Android competitor Dolphin HD launched its updated engine which quickly sent the browser to the top of benchmark scores for HTML5 mobile browsers. With a score greater than 450 in one HTML5 benchmark exam, first place Dolphin was faster than Firefox which scored a 325 for fourth place amongst mobile browsers.
So now Android users have something to look forward to during the weekend. If you use Firefox for Android on your Android device, what would you like to see Mozilla announce next week? All you need to do is to type your answer in the comment box below.
1. jcpwn2004 (Posts: 314; Member since: 18 Jan 2012)
better be something amazing to get me to switch from dolphin hd.
2. rpankaj (Posts: 29; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
definitely, Firefox for arm v6 gonna release..nothing can be bigger than that.... an updated engine can't be that big..lolz
3. fur0n (Posts: 69; Member since: 13 Jun 2012)
well if you look at firefox beta for android you can already see that it is very different from the current firefox and it says that they are rewriting firefox for for android. the beta says it is supposed to be faster, smarter and supposed to be safer.
4. BattleBrat (Posts: 1253; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Hmmm I've been using dolphin for a while, due to its speed, I use skyfire for functionality. I'll play with the new Firefox and see how it goes.
5. sbr999 (Posts: 79; Member since: 05 Jun 2012)
Let's see if it's going to be better than Opera for Android
6. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
On PC and Laptop I prefer Opera. :)
7. illiad (Posts: 114; Member since: 07 Feb 2012)
yes, only flash actually working may make me try... Dolphin still badly needs adblock.. (there is a link, but does not work..)
I am still using Android Opera, that CAN use the desktop adblock file..
and hey, even IE8 desktop has an adblock addon now!! :)
8. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 6066; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
A bug infested browser getting a big update on a buggy OS. Maybe the next update should be called Orkin.
9. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Maybe Orkin will extinguish all of the little trolls like you.
12. s.mrabet (Posts: 117; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
whats really buggy is ur brain, U need an update!
15. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 6066; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Such a second grade insult. Wouldn't expect anything less from Android fans.
14. roscuthiii (Posts: 1887; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Not mad... more like disappointed. Actually, you seem to be the one coming off as the mad one here.
I pity you and your ilk. Child, are you not receiving enough affection? Does this attention make you feel better?
Should I sing you a lullaby and burp you now?
16. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 6066; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Is that the best you can do? There's a reason for my comment. Android is buggy all the time and Firefox crashes constantly.
10. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
I'm using Dolphin (I'll use Chrome Beta once I get ICS) and this new Firefox better be good, or else I'm not switching from Dolphin and DEFINITELY not switching from Chrome!
13. illiad (Posts: 114; Member since: 07 Feb 2012)
not a chance!!!!! Opera is the only one that comes close to the usability and similarity of it's desktop browser... you can even use the 'urlfilter.ini' file in android opera to black ads!! :)