The offspring of an Apple iPhone-Motorola PHOTON 4G affair and other early prototypes
As far as the Apple iPhone is concerned, we have a picture of the offspring that would have resulted from a hot night swapping WD40 between the Apple iPhone and the Motorola PHOTON 4G. Ugh. You might also note one of the models with the N90 number on it. This is a prototype of the Apple iPhone 4.
Would either product have reached the popularity it has achieved had either one had a different look? Needless to say, Apple executives must have pondered the different designs for quite some time before deciding on what we know today to be the Apple iPhone and the Apple iPad.
source: TheVerge via RedmondPie
Early prototypes of the Apple iPhone and Apple iPad
1. Birds (Posts: 971; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
What the hell? Wasn't that like....oh ok then....nevermind...I'm just gone sit in the dark...SMH
2. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
what an ugly piece of sh%^.
One prototype looks like handicaped photon and the other like forgive-me-I-am-not-as-good-as-the-original N9.
3. SonyFTW2020 (Posts: 305; Member since: 03 May 2012)
pictures 6-9 honestly looks really good, sadly it is still IOS operated so this is a definite pass lol
4. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5465; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Prototype of iPhone looks like a coffin...
5. SonyFTW2020 (Posts: 305; Member since: 03 May 2012)
it actually does now that you mentioned it :(
6. -box- (Posts: 3729; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
So, all that baloney apple keeps spewing about "trade dress" is just another way of them saying "we have no idea wtf we're doing, and since other companies made something similar to what we finally chose, we need to sue them for thinking similarly to us". What babies.
7. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 702; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
woh last picture remind me nokia n9 and lumia 900 , 800
11. The_Godfather (Posts: 146; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
This is when they didn't steal that prototype from Sony for their iPhone 3. What a shame Apple people are coming to know you reality now. f**k you
12. DechyX (Posts: 113; Member since: 16 May 2011)
the last... phone?... it made my stomach hurt, like something you find in the toy section at WalMart
13. alchemyduelist (Posts: 17; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
I can see how much Sony's design helped them. These are just bad.
17. loken (Posts: 462; Member since: 09 May 2012)
I love to see the fight in the court between tim and kon :D