Tablet S gets $100 haircut from Sony
There is some speculation that the Sony Tablet S was in need of a price cut considering that it had failed to break into the top five tablets not named Apple iPad. But with its original pricing similar to Apple's tablet, Sony apparently decided it needed to hack away at the price tag in order to be priced under Apple's wildly successful device. And if battling the iPad isn't enough, Sony also needs to compete with the sizzling hot Android powered Amazon Kindle Fire, priced at $199.99.
The Sony Tablet S offers a 9.4 inch display with a dual-core 1GHz Tegra 2 processor under the hood. Android 3.1 is pre-installed and the tablet offers both a rear-facing and front-facing camera coming in at 5MP and .3MP respectively. The Sony Tablet S is PlayStation Certified, which of course, game players will love.
source: Sony via electronista
1. AhmadAlsayegh (Posts: 261; Member since: 18 Jul 2011)
99 bucks and I may consider stop boycotting sony and buy their tablet
I boycott sony after they sued GeoHot
2. TreyTreyTaylor (Posts: 398; Member since: 21 Dec 2010)
Not that the tablet is bad by any means but when I went looking for a tablet and I saw the s I couldn't get over how ugly it was. That thickness at the top is just awful. It does have a full SD card slot though :P
3. e.wvu (unregistered)
That should've been the price from the start..
4. Giggity (Posts: 147; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
Hopefully, in 2012 these manufacturers will realize people will not shell out $500+ for any tablets other than Apple craps.
5. Netolic (Posts: 142; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Blackberry playbook 16bg still 199.99 at bestbuy.com
6. SGSII (Posts: 53; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
The playbook would sell more than the Fire if it was advertised more.
9. Netolic (Posts: 142; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Plus. The playbook will be getting android market at february
10. PryvateiDz (Posts: 74; Member since: 31 Jul 2011)
At February will be when it gets bought then. I know me for one don't want a promise a manufacturer can't keep, that's common nowadays.
7. RamyRamz69 (Posts: 390; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
Totally buying one, the features are great...plus I get 5 free PS1 games :)
8. solidsnakeduds013 (Posts: 218; Member since: 20 Oct 2010)
Reminds me of the Xoom (spec wise)