Sony Xperia Z3 will be available at T-Mobile "this fall", unboxing video out now
We don’t know how much T-Mobile will ask for the Z3. However, since the Xperia Z1S was released earlier this year for $599.99 (no contract required), we assume that the new Xperia will carry a similar price tag.
As we already told you, the Xperia Z3 is only 7.3mm-thin, and has a water-resistant body (IP65/68-certified). It’s an incremental upgrade over the Xperia Z2, and you can see its main new features here.
Before unveiling more details about its Sony Xperia Z3, T-Mobile posted an unboxing video of the handset, which can be watched below. You should also to check out our own Xperia Z3 hands-on from IFA 2014.
The Z3 will be just one of T-Mobile’s new high-end Android handsets available this fall, as the carrier is also getting ready to launch Samsung’s Galaxy Note 4 and Note Edge. Exciting times are ahead, isn’t it?
Sony Xperia Z3
1. raf37 (Posts: 6; Member since: 03 Sep 2014)
How to get a devopler edition phone and is it free
2. needa (Posts: 151; Member since: 30 Jun 2014)
i really don't care for the charging slot on the side.
3. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
Google play edition z3 compact would be a dream a phone
4. CaptainManlyMan (Posts: 11; Member since: 31 Jan 2014)
Kind of wish it's display hit 5.5" (I have large hands). It looks really nice though.
5. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1255; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
why did tmobile skipped Z2? HOPE the Z3C will be available too..ohh and Z3 COMPACT TABLET
6. hurrycanger (Posts: 1287; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
Yeah, they skipped the Z2, probably because T-mobile updated their phones once per year, and the Z2 was only half year away of their Z1S.
8. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8922; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Because the Z2 was an incremental update from the Z1.
14. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8922; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Oh really? Too bad it was the phone to beat for a few months straight.
9. zpaul2fresh8 (Posts: 14; Member since: 27 Mar 2013)
Service provider Branding! Yuck! Boo!!!!! I'll keep my Z2 I guess...
12. Awalker (Posts: 560; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
I hate when manufacturers don't include headphones.
15. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3715; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
A better Z3 may be coming to Verizon:
"Sony announced today that the Z3 will come to T-Mobile, but not to any other U.S. carrier. But the Z3v documents sent to us show a Verizon model with a Verizon logo on the back and references to NFC and wireless charging. A screen shot shows Amazon Music, the Amazon AppStore and Kindle preloaded. The documents also show 32GB of storage, 3GB of RAM, and a MicroSD card slot in the Verizon model of the device."
18. Canaan (Posts: 131; Member since: 25 May 2014)
If I'm not mistaken any android device can have the amazon App Store.
19. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3715; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
If this leak is true, to me the interesting changes are the 32GB storage and wireless charging. That puts the Z3v more in line with what a flagship should offer today. Not a measly 16GB.
20. Canaan (Posts: 131; Member since: 25 May 2014)
It has a micro sd card slot so storage shouldn't be an issue.
17. zachattack (Posts: 590; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
Holy s**t I'm in shock lol what a good time to have made the switch from big red #kindaexcited!