Some Android devices receive EISA awards for 2013-2014
Other winners included the HTC One as EISA's European Advanced Smartphone. The European Consumer Smartphone 2013 – 2014 title was given to the Twiggy-ish Huawei Ascend P6 and the European Tablet award was presented to the Sony Xperia Tablet Z. And no, Neil Patrick Harris did not host a televised show. And as far as we can tell, none of the winners thanked their agent, co-workers and parents for winning the award.
2. Alexa (Posts: 20; Member since: 24 Oct 2008)
way to go HTC this is a well deserved award....
4. vincelongman (Posts: 3319; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
In my opinion, HTC and Sony have been by far the most improved OEMs of 2013
6. SonyPS4 (Posts: 325; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Sadly PA give too much credit towards Samsung because they won more awards but HTC, Huawei and Sony won major ones.
13. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
And PA don't want to even compare the Xperia Z camera with other handset.
3. pwnarena (Posts: 1122; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
these awards seem to satisfy everyone. people apparently acknowledge how the devices deserve their respective recognition.
16. amats69 (Posts: 1246; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Yeah you wait to see more galaxy phone coming to the market....were doomed! Lol. :)
8. anleoflippy (Posts: 580; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
Congratulations to Sony!
Xperia Tablet Z is currently the best all round tablet.
9. tiara6918 (Posts: 1948; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Omg phonearena, stop twisting the fact that Samsung lost the mobile categories award, the big fat prize has gone to HTC one and the second runner up goes to Huawei p6, yet the third prize is not even the Samsung flagship phone but the mini version instead... And the tablets part? Samsung made the most android tablets yet none of them manage to beat sony tablets...
If you say Samsung won 3 trophy, sony wins 5 trophy in overall...
Talk about bias...
10. tiara6918 (Posts: 1948; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
If the best advance smartphone goes to gs4, phonearena will title it as 'galaxy s4 win the best smartphone' award, instead of 'some android device. From anonymous
12. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
PhoneArena is not PhoneArena anymore, they are now SamsungArena.
11. Alexa (Posts: 20; Member since: 24 Oct 2008)
"HTC One as EISA's European Advanced Smartphone" phonearena you must stop being biased..
14. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
I think they missed a reward!
EXPLOSION of the year goes to S4!!
17. -box- (Posts: 3984; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
If the Lumia 1020 were available in Europe, the results would have been notably different (per the linked article).