See photos comparing the iPad Mini to the Nexus 7
These photos are probably either of dummy units or a mockup built from leaked shells, but they seem to match what has been leaked about the real deal, and nicely drive home the physical dimensions. The iPad Mini looks to be a bit wider than the Nexus 7 from the front (as you would expect from the 4:3 aspect ratio of the screen) but thinner as seen from the side. There are also comparison photos with the Kindle Fire HD, so if you are in the market for a 7” tablet and want to do some visual comparison shopping, hit up the gallery below:
iPad Mini comparison Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
10 great Android widgets you should try
09 Apr 2013, 08:08
Samsung Galaxy S4: 10 exclusive or little-known features review
05 Apr 2013, 07:17
Best Android phones to get this spring
17 Apr 2013, 09:48
5 smartphone apps banned by... Google
16 Apr 2013, 07:24
Google+ surpasses Twitter to take number 2 social network after Facebook
28 Jan 2013, 00:58
Samsung Galaxy S 4 hands-on
14 Mar 2013, 18:32
source: NoWhereElse via Business Insider
1. Non_Sequitur posted on 01 Oct 2012, 15:55 10 4
Cool! I like it, especially how thin it is. Looks really nice.
10. SERGEANT (banned) posted on 01 Oct 2012, 16:36 3 2
Specially the iPad, with it's rear almost flat back!
29. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 01 Oct 2012, 20:08 5 2
7" is all about potability, iPad mini is too big.
N7 is King.
33. applesauce posted on 01 Oct 2012, 22:42 0 3
I'd rather have an 8.9" Android or Windows.tablet, not this ipod-big
2. StreetNerd posted on 01 Oct 2012, 16:02 0 0
4. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 01 Oct 2012, 16:11 10 2
wow, even tho Ill honestly never buy an apple product (just being honest) the ipad mini looks really good! and if i were to ever buy an apple product (alot of changes needed) it would be the mini instead of the 10 inch one...just looks hell of lot more convenient
25. wendygarett (limited) 2 days ago posted on 01 Oct 2012, 19:24 5 1
Thank you for your honesty ^__^
It does look slim...
5. Captain_Doug posted on 01 Oct 2012, 16:12 7 1
Maybe if it ran android... Does looks sleek though.
9. SERGEANT (banned) posted on 01 Oct 2012, 16:34 1 0
If only Apple let devolopers to able to change Kernels and Roms, Android running on iOs, just like the Nokia N9.
35. Captain_Doug posted on 02 Oct 2012, 07:51 0 0
It might even run okay now that Apple hardware is a bit more capable.
6. Jphones posted on 01 Oct 2012, 16:21 1 1
yeah to bad it'll be higher then any other 7in tablet. Ha apple actually giving consumers a deal on anything highly unlikely. An minimal profit margins kinda the exact opposite of apple.
7. darac posted on 01 Oct 2012, 16:22 0 2
Yes, this will do wonders for Apple.
It will diminish the big brother, but also perfectly complement iPhone's deficient screen size, and revolutionize gaming on iOS/tablets.
11. CreeDiddy posted on 01 Oct 2012, 16:37 0 0
Here is my guess in terms of specs:
Display: 1600x1200. They will probably want something near the 250-264 ppi of the iPad 3.
Processor: Most likely the A6 processor rather than the A5X. The A6X will be for the iPad 4 in March/April. This makes sense to entice buyers to this pad. No quad core necessary as the A6 processor is faster than any quad core Android chips right now. Will be clocked @ around 1Ghz and variable up to 1.3Ghz similar to iPhone 5.
RAM: 1GB over 512MB.
Wireless and Cellular: Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n) and 4G options
Camera: 5MP Camera back, 1.9MP front facing for Facetime
These might seem aggressive, but if these are the specs look for a $299-$350 price tag. If priced at $299 what a steal!!!
14. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 01 Oct 2012, 17:07 1 0
so you know for sure the A6 is faster than quad core S4 adreno 320??
28. Hemlocke posted on 01 Oct 2012, 19:58 0 0
The CPU is on par with the S4, but the GPU is ahead.
34. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 02 Oct 2012, 01:42 0 0
can you provide benchmarks to prove that?
17. mozes316 posted on 01 Oct 2012, 17:22 3 0
That he doesn't know. I don't think it's the processor that is so fast, but the way iOS is optimized to it's hardware. Tweaked specifically to one to two devices.
I wouldn't expect for a Snapdragon or any other processor to run the same on an HTC sense phone as it would on a phone with Motorola Blur on it. Not to mention other hardware differences.
I think Google should really consider getting with a CPU manufacture and get their own optimized chip for at least the Nexus models. IMO anyways...
I would love it... lol
18. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 01 Oct 2012, 17:25 2 0
its gonna happen......like someone here said in another article........Nexus is the Future of android! and indeed it is...... :)
21. mozes316 posted on 01 Oct 2012, 17:39 0 0
Well said, slim.
12. wando77 posted on 01 Oct 2012, 16:49 2 0
Sorry to sound harsh but I just listened to that steve jobs interview and boy does his voice grate on you. He sounded like a little girl moaning on and on. It's also unbelievable the amount of rubbish that he spouted out of his mouth Such as "you need fingers 1/4 the size to use a 7" tablet" (that is only actually half the size of an Ipad NOT 1/4). By his calculations you would have to sand your fingers down to half their size to use an I pad then.
19. Zero0 posted on 01 Oct 2012, 17:28 0 0
I can't imagine how small one's fingers would need to be to use a 4" phone...
24. techguy22 posted on 01 Oct 2012, 18:54 1 0
they gonna release a budget ipad. nothing more. the sheep will buy it because they dont know any better. it wont have nfc, a decent screen, good processor and it will cost more than 200 bucks. i cant wait for this thing to be announced.
26. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 01 Oct 2012, 19:39 1 0
im bettin it cost 400+...........350 minimum
32. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 01 Oct 2012, 22:01 0 0
well it wont be a surprise if this will turn out to be real!but actually i like it!
36. InspectorGadget80 posted on 02 Oct 2012, 11:14 0 0
Nexus 7 still have better PRICE POINT/Design. while the ipad mini still looks like A GIANT IPOD TOUCH. and it will probably be 399$ when u can buy a 2nd Ipad gen for the same price