Santa appears in latest Apple iPhone 4S ad, using Siri to help him make his deliveries
Santa also uses Siri to check on the weather (14 degrees in Cleveland? Brrr!) and gets an email with a list of who has been naughty and who has been nice. Of course, Apple is exaggerating when the ad makes it seem that Siri is capable of keeping track of 3.7 billion appointments, but it is all in good fun and we doubt any Scrooges from the competition will file for a preliminary injunction against the ad.
source: YouTube via CNET
6. Synack (Posts: 669; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
I hate Apple but this is a pretty hilarious commercial
17. tedkord (Posts: 5317; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
It's a cute commercial, but the best Santa commercials this Christmas are the Best Buy spots. Those are truly funny.
2. DetroitTech (Posts: 55; Member since: 02 Nov 2011)
Slow news day? It's hilarious how blogs need to replay commercials for Apple products all the time.
Yeah, it's a commercial, we'll end up seeing it a hundred times more before Christmas.
11. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
So you missed the articles about Samsung ads?
3. wassup (Posts: 565; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
umm... he's not supposed to be able to use it with gloves is he?
and i think this better be an US only add, cos siri don't work outside the US
but... nice ad anyway
5. wassup (Posts: 565; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
nevermind, just saw he had no gloves on... -__-
8. E.N. (Posts: 2366; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
oh my gawd, are we really doing this right now. lol
4. bossmt_2 (Posts: 437; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
Lamest commercial ever.
I want to know though how Siri knows where Billy Grant lives. SIRI IS A STALKER
16. iDroidx650 (Posts: 72; Member since: 26 May 2010)
because every person is in Santa's contacts and he knows the address for each person
7. mctcm (Posts: 204; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Why did apple use Santa? Apple must hate jews
9. Murph359 (Posts: 6; Member since: 18 Dec 2011)
Well you don't see many talking Menorah's using iPhones now do you?
10. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
And that is why Apple sells: Great marketing
12. Sackboy117 (Posts: 178; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
true, its entertaining to watch their ads
13. ILikeBubbles (Posts: 305; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
so.... last time i checked global census said we have more than 3.7Bil?
14. Sniggly (Posts: 7183; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Not everyone is a Christian or subscribes to a Christmas tradition.
15. ardent1 (Posts: 1999; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
I took the 3.7 billion appts to mean households or homes.