Samsung to attack the tablet market early 2014 with 8" and 10" Super AMOLED displays
1. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
about time. I prefer my phone to have natural color simply cause I take and edit a lotta photos, hardly something I want from a tablet. AMOLED is just great for multimedia content, even better for battery life, so sure, some low-energy 64bit tablet with large stacked battery and an eye-popping AMOLED display (that can do natural in Movie Mode) is quite promising, especially at the perfect size/portability balance of 8".
3. hung2900 (Posts: 941; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
For me and most of tab 7.7 users, we have waited these tablets for soooooooo long!
10. joey_sfb (Posts: 5184; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Still holding to my tab 7.7, overclock to 1.55Ghz for CPU and 267Mhz for GPU. Keep the tab smooth with modern games.
11. Long1 (banned) (Posts: 399; Member since: 18 May 2013)
AMOLED have natural color already.
You still live in the past , man.
2. Planterz (Posts: 1973; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
All I know is that the recent Samsung tablets, apart from the 2014 Note 10.1, have had extremely disappointing displays (and other disappointing specs and/or pricepoints as well). I happen to like the saturation of AMOLED displays, so I wouldn't mind a 8" tablet from Samsung with this type of display, provided that they can keep the cost/performance ratio at a level that doesn't make me roll my eyes (which their current tablets do).
12. Long1 (banned) (Posts: 399; Member since: 18 May 2013)
AMOLED already can provide both Worlds. Beautiful saturated, and realistic colors, mode.
4. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3696; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Yes attack that market with 8 & 10 inchers which are good now a days with your Super AMOLED displays.
5. Lycan155 (Posts: 239; Member since: 24 Nov 2013)
Im guessing they are not going to be from the note series and thats a deal breaker for me :( because having a stylus is essential for me on tablets . I can draw on my free time and so much more so if allah is willing i will be getting the note 10.1 2014 :)
6. Sauce (unregistered)
Looking good Samsung. Let's hope their offensive gameplay will be a bigger success, for the sake of all future technology coming to us in 2014+
7. tiara6918 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Super amoled is the best display on the market, it's about time they expanded it on their other products
13. Long1 (banned) (Posts: 399; Member since: 18 May 2013)
So far the problem this to happen, was in the mass production possibilities , and the price
8. cR203 (Posts: 199; Member since: 27 Jan 2013)
I've been waiting for a high end super amoled tablet for so long. At one point I considered getting rid of my nexus 10 for a galaxy tab 7.7.
14. Long1 (banned) (Posts: 399; Member since: 18 May 2013)
Samsung, better concentrate in the Windows 8 tablet-hybrid-ultrabook market, because Dell is taking it by storm lately, with Venue 11 Pro ( V8Pro) and even XPS 11
16. ocilfa (Posts: 334; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
Just got my V8Pro for $315 on newegg. Not a bad deal at all.
15. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I dunno, the Nexus 10 display and the Note 2014 displays are already my top two tablet displays, I haven't seen the new 300 PPI Asus yet.
I'd rather them stick to LCD for tablets.