Samsung Redwood and Melius with Tizen 2.1 Magnolia arriving in Q3
1. _Bone_ (Posts: 2132; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Imagine a Tizen phone that can run Android apps natively and doesn't lag...
2. NightFelix (Posts: 36; Member since: 29 Apr 2013)
Imagine, a Tizen phone can run quad-boot with Android, iOS, Windows OS, and Blackberry OS.
6. thunderising (Posts: 225; Member since: 25 Nov 2011)
would love that. but same Galaxy S4/Note II design again! Noooooo!
19. chocolaking (Posts: 453; Member since: 22 May 2012)
I think they will use the same design for the rest of all their high end smartpho.
but making Tizen is a right decision for samsung. Good job!
10. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
forget, it will be another money waste
OS must lead a SW's company; when any OS lead HW manufacturers its always far from the complex reality (like failure of WebOS, Symbian, MeeGo, Blackberry, Bada = failures)
except for Chrome OS = its failure because of ......why the hell? we have Android with 1 million apps!
Mozilla will be the next failure
and later outdated and inferior iOS that is kept by itself thank to JUST iTunes
14. sharks (Posts: 164; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)
That's never gonna happen! Tizen is a linux-based OS! This means that it is a completely different platform than Android, and therefore will never be able to originally run Android apps, unless Tizen has an Android emulator app or consists of an Android hybrid core, which would allow running Android apps as smoothly as on actual Android OS. The success of Tizen depends entirely on how Samsung decides to situate it against the mighty Android.
20. JEverettnow (Posts: 202; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
Android is also a linux based OS. I don't see why it couldn't run Android apps. Web OS can even run android apps.
15. mittalmailbox (Posts: 42; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
so you are saying Tizen can run Android apps better than Android, In dreams only.
7. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
did you use wp8?(i am only asking you)(and if not use it)...........
16. joesseth (Posts: 56; Member since: 18 Dec 2012)
yep, it's nice. I am waiting for the update too. I hoped they revamped the UI.
5. Jason2k13 (Posts: 648; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
samsung wave phones had one of the best design with premium materials, hope they make another wave product.
8. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
"Best product equipped w/ d best specs!!!"
Im excited haha just live up to d hype
11. jibraihimi (Posts: 695; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
And in future they will go the way of Bada............. That is they will become extinct.......
12. RapidCat (Posts: 351; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
i want to see WP8 Vs Tizen. might be interesting
13. badero (Posts: 8; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
Imagine that Samsung sells this smartphone at an unbeatable price.
Imagine having the best hardware on the market.
Imagine then having official support, they did not give to the Samsung Wave 3.
That's a lot to imagine coming from Samsung.
Samsung, never again!
17. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
leaving Android can be risky samsung ...
your gained traction because of Android ... Tizen can sink your ship....
18. Shaznek (Posts: 43; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
The last time we saw TIZEN it was laggy and boring as hell, let s hope they made improvements and made the OS interesting.
21. adoptop70 (Posts: 20; Member since: 29 Apr 2013)
yes its time for samsung to show d world their full potential,but we will love and appreciate S messanger on board.