Samsung Gear 2 gets timely update; S Health improved, new feature added
You can even set up the watch to turn off notifications in the middle of the night, while you are dreaming about smartphones, tablets and wearables. While we don't have a changelist to provide you with the improvements made to S Health, we are told that there are some changes to improve the general stability of the watch.
source: SamMobile via AndroidCentral
1. rudy (Posts: 7; Member since: 18 Feb 2009)
Samsung is definitely getting serious about customer care. I'm Galaxy Gear (1) owner for 6 months and I'm really really satisfied with Gear as well as with software. I knew the drawbacks before I bought the watches so no complain on my side...
My suggestions for improvement (ordered by importance)...
1) Autocontrast (light sensor)
2) Better battery (I use Gear 1 for 3 days with watches switched off during the night)
3) water resistant
4) scratch resistant
I love Gear desing
2. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 11432; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Sure if you're a Galaxy phone owner. But for everyone else who sees benefits in other more capable devices, the Gear wouldn't be a suitable choice especially at that laughable price point they tried to sell it at when it first came out.
Pebble Steel all the way.
3. maherk (Posts: 3424; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Pebble steel cost almost as much as the gear, but does it have a camera, an ir blaster, an Amoled screen, a heart rate sensor, a pedometer? And you can use the new gears with any android phone, simply by side loading the app on your phone.
6. willard12 (Posts: 1530; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
And ...it makes and receives phones calls. And you can use voice commands for things such as sending texts and checking the weather or your schedule.
10. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 11432; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Why would I want to make calls on a watch? That's what smartphones are for. If I can't pull out my phone to make a call then I either am in a spot where I'm unable to use my phone like at a meeting or I just don't need to make a call at all.
7. shuaibhere (Posts: 1983; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Let's what you're goin to say when apple announces iwatch for $449 approx...
11. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 11432; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Apple always carries a premium price. Their price would be justified because you'll be getting a quality product that just works.
12. joey_sfb (Posts: 5366; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Every time you feel threaten you have to say sometime illogical.
Its your fear reacting. Because iWatch till now after 3 years of rumor is still a vaporware.
I do hope iWatch get release soon as Apple is a good competitor. Make Samsung more competitive which benefit consumer like me.
16. iushnt (Posts: 1511; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
Mxy- a true apple fan and hardcore Sammy hater. I see biasness and not a true tech follower in your posts. Do u think the iwatch with $449 will be compatible with every smartphones? What's your point saying gear is only for galaxy?
8. alaw.14 (Posts: 227; Member since: 10 Sep 2013)
Watches like burberry watches cost alot more than gears and you call that a laughable price.
9. gigaraga (Posts: 1454; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Samsung makes the best smartwatches and the has the best non-nexus updates...