Samsung Galaxy S5 unveiling could be February 23 at pre-MWC event, new TouchWiz interface in tow
1. galanoth (Posts: 396; Member since: 26 Nov 2011)
I don't buy it. Wasn't there an article of a Samsung Exec saying no GS5 at MWC.
Announcing before means they would have it at MWC.
27. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3532; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
I think Sammy will have a different event after MWC for S5 announcement and not during MWC. I want OIS for S5, rest of the things Sammy will put together in it.
2. aranauser (Posts: 58; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Current S4's 13MP outperforms z1's 20MP.
S5's 20MP is coming.watch out
6. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Watch out? LOL. Sony ain't got time for that. The camera on the Z2 will blow the camera on the S5 out of the water, just like what the Z1 did to the S4.
10. MrPhilo (Posts: 48; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
Well the S4 was released before the Z1 quite a few months, so I wouldn't be surprised.
19. Astoni (Posts: 623; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
how the hell did z1 blow the s4 out of the water?!. I own the z1, camera is pretty much sh*t. They only time you can get a good picture is when you take it outside and hold it really really still.
25. Astoni (Posts: 623; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
In Video the z1 is pretty good. Not Note 3 good but it really does will with video. Clear and crisp image, Sound i'm not sure, my older s3 sucked with sound in recording and OFC the Z1 is better but i have nothing to compare directly with.
22. Teja171 (unregistered)
Nonsense, i don't agree with you.
24. Teja171 (unregistered)
well only 10 days away !
4. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Waiting for the exciting February. MWC hell yea!
8. Wishmaster91 (Posts: 1; Member since: 21 Jan 2014)
I'm not excited for this!
I'll think I'm going to convert to Lumia 1520. I'm done with samsung's gimmicks, lags...
20. ibrahem7731 (Posts: 44; Member since: 17 Dec 2013)
They will have new touchwiz and 64 bit and I dont think that it will lag any time
Wait until to see the reviews that would be better
44. znellu (Posts: 74; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
I know that there is no point in correcting you, but still, are you sure that you know what specs the 1520 is having. If you call 1520 old, then LG G2 and Nexus 5 also should be old in your opinion..
14. anirudhshirsat97 (Posts: 408; Member since: 24 May 2011)
one 2 cha cha cha, three 4 cha cha cha...
♪┏(・o・)┛♪┗ ( ・o・) ┓♪
11. Diezparda (Posts: 376; Member since: 23 Oct 2013)
will new magazine touch wiz avaiable to my galaxy Note 3? i would be happy if they do...
23. Teja171 (unregistered)
Custom roms !
13. twens (Posts: 849; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Who has tried the kitkat update for the note 3? Just flashed mine yesterday and I must say Sammy did a great job with the update. Phone is so smooth and battery life OMG! Is so good. Sammy has done a great job with the update. Not even a single lag and the keyboard is so responsive now.
16. anirudhshirsat97 (Posts: 408; Member since: 24 May 2011)
Samsung stock roms provide better battery and general smoothness than custom roms in my experience. But best are the MIUI roms which have good battery but unbelievably smooth and buttery performance. I use a SGSII btw and currently on Asnet MIUI v5.
18. aayupanday (Posts: 561; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Eldar Murtazin is an idiot.
There ain't any way Samsung will announce it before MWC and then launch it late April.
The announcement is slated to happen mid march and we all know that.
26. SuperAndroid507 (Posts: 110; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
Phone makers should start looking at fan-concept-designs, sometimes those renders look better than the actual thing.
28. Liveitup (Posts: 1793; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Samsung new Touchwiz is basically Windows Phone largest Tiles. Samsung is now a Tiled OS, no more Icons, I don't see how anyone with any self respect could keep buying these imitation of others products. Im sure the hardware will be very impressive, but the software is typical Samsung, imitate the next best thing.
32. joey_sfb (Posts: 4347; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Windows 8 metro is basically giant ugly icons and wp fans sudden claim it to be like flipboard.
42. Liveitup (Posts: 1793; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Live Tiles are beautiful, elegant and productive, that is why Samsung has moved from Icons and jumped onto the Tile train.
Also Windows Phone Live Tiles existed before Flipboard.
41. PorkyBurger (Posts: 458; Member since: 18 May 2013)
OMG, why didn't you yell before?
If you think so, then why didn't you bother about this TouchWiz version?
It has notification bar, just like others!
It has app menu, just like others!
It has widgets, just like others! And so on...
That is so shameful they copied all this stuff. I should die, wao...
46. wilsong17 (unregistered)
i smell a hater
50. hurrycanger (Posts: 1502; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
You're dead wrong. Icons are still there like they have always been.
33. doubler86 (Posts: 320; Member since: 26 Jan 2011)
Ya no, Samsung will have their own event
38. techguyone (Posts: 145; Member since: 18 May 2013)
Lets hope when samsung announce the S5 they do a better job than with the S4, that unveiling was shockingly cringeworthy
39. nctx77 (Posts: 1041; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
They scared of that iphone 6 coming in June. Sammy won't have as much time on the market this year without a new iphone. It also sounds like apple will have a phablet waiting for the note 4. It's over Sammy!
40. williamdroid (Posts: 125; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
Yeah, i doubt a phablet from Apple is something Samsung should worry about.
it'll just be like an iPad Mini...mini. Unless Apple copies Samsung's Multiwindow feature.
47. wilsong17 (unregistered)
lol its going to be a 4 inch screen
all the same bs all just rumor
every week i see a article saying apple will release a iphone like the note 3
43. RudioX (Posts: 13; Member since: 07 Jun 2009)
Will probably buy if camera has OIS optical image stabilization, if not bye bye samsung, welcome the next Nokia Lumia or LG G3 or the Sony Z2
48. Ashoaib (Posts: 2881; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
For your information, samsung's digital image stalization works better then z1 n lg g2's OIS... ofcourse fall behind then nokia
45. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Well this guy has flopped with his predictions so many times now that you have to take his word with a hand full of salt. Also predicting before or after mwc as a release date is something anyone can make.
49. nothingmuch (Posts: 186; Member since: 03 May 2013)
Well I will predict I'll release something before mwc!!! At the throne tonight! XD
51. gordonbrown505 (Posts: 4; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
I think its time to consider changing my phone.Good job Samsung:)
52. muqtadir (Posts: 7; Member since: 17 Dec 2012)
it looks like s5 will have dual boot option with tizen and android OS,and about new touchwiz i think its tizen's UI