Samsung Galaxy S5 metal frame allegedly leaked, may point to 5.3-inch display
1. GrapeEyes (Posts: 248; Member since: 01 Sep 2013)
Samsung will pull out some really good tech in 2014.
Apple will fail badly in 2014.
Nokia/Microsoft will be crowned "come back company" in 2014
4. HASHTAG (unregistered)
LMAO @ Apple will fail badly in 2014!
11. Commentator (Posts: 3655; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
He really needs this. He bet that Apple will sell its mobile division by 2016.
10. alterecho (Posts: 1098; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
There won't be any Nokia smartphones.
They will be rebranded as Lumia.
31. ecmedic4 (Posts: 323; Member since: 02 May 2013)
Yeah we have never heard that prediction about Apple before.... I don't think Apple has to worry.
40. Long1 (banned) (Posts: 399; Member since: 18 May 2013)
No need of "predictions".
But Apple go down an down at every point , year by year. Compare with competition.
And you must be blind , not to see it.
If this continue ?
43. AnTuTu (Posts: 1575; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Sammy be like "Let's finish this cheap plastic blah blah blah bullsh***t and force Fruit to sell its mobile division by 2015. hahahahahha
Great move Sammy let's kill it in 2014 :)
45. Ninetysix (Posts: 2317; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Guess which company earns the most mobile profits. You actually think Apple's mobile division will be gone by 2015? LOL....wake up and face reality.
51. Altair (Posts: 367; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
As an android troll, you are failing badly. Come back in 2014 for comeback try.
2. NexusPhan (Posts: 608; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Galaxy S3 and S4 have thin metal frames with an external plastic case. This is so thin that if it's real, it will be no different that the S3 and S4 design. Hypebeast away.
41. Long1 (banned) (Posts: 399; Member since: 18 May 2013)
Why should next Galaxy go bigger? S4 is not bigger than S3 , and Note 3 is not bigger than Note 2. Even with lager screens. Right?
This "premium metal" BS is just to convince izombies that they also have something better , too. Because the izombies have nothing left to brag anymore. LOL
3. HASHTAG (unregistered)
It's getting bigger every year! The GS6 will probably be 5.8 inches. Lol.
8. DaHarder (Posts: 177; Member since: 10 Oct 2009)
Correction... The DISPLAYS on Samsung's flagship devices are getting more spacious whereas, though Samsung's outstanding utilization of the given space, the actual devices are either remaining almost identical in overall dimensions or often getting smaller, thinner and lighter.
It's called brilliant/innovative engineering and thoughtful design... Something that most other companies should be focusing more on rather than adding new (blingy/scratch-prone) colors and dubiously useful biometric readers that do little more than afford quicker access to OS associated app stores.
26. danwatson (Posts: 117; Member since: 03 Jan 2012)
Not quite on the rumored GS5. The physical metal dimensions are clearly bigger although not by much. I do wish they had kept the same screen size as the Note 2 with the Note 3 and instead had shrunk the device (I own the Note 3). Samsung has the Note 3 to fill in the large screen market so they should probably be careful about increasing the screen much more than 5". I think most people want a big screen, they just want 1 handed use. The LG G2 pushes those limits to me so Samsung needs to be smaller (device dimensions) than that. The S is supposed to be the 'appeal to everyone' device and the Note is to be the push the limits device
33. 14545 (Posts: 1447; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Exactly. I will not buy a 5.xx inch phone. Honestly, my 5.0 S4 is too big. I will not go bigger.
42. Long1 (banned) (Posts: 399; Member since: 18 May 2013)
No . Since few years they are NOT "getting bigger every year".
Only the displays are bigger.
No reason to believe this iRumor.
No single reason Samsung to go for the cheap the ugly "premium" tin-can, too.
5. aayupanday (Posts: 574; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Larger frame for accomodating front facing stereo speakers?
6. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Metal frame sounds sweet.
16. marbovo (Posts: 658; Member since: 16 May 2013)
can´t you see the diference between a man and woman hand?? lol
21. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3535; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
At least I really hope that's a mans hand. Other wise I feel really really bad for the woman lol.
37. techaman (unregistered)
not with asians and french lol
9. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
ok just waiting wave-like design from samsung... we have started to see leaked pics so s5 will be launched early 2014 I guess..
14. thachlel (Posts: 75; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
Big gets bigger! When it's time gs5 is out get me the iphone 6 will trade u the s5!!!!
38. techaman (unregistered)
lol its a cell phone apple came up with that there gonna sue they will sue for anything to keep money coming in. i mean look ther going to big screen phones just like all the rest because they know that what people want and sam and others are making money in that area
18. Gemmol (Posts: 781; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
I am guessing there are no complaints with the size, but when it was the Lumia 1520 there are a whole bunch of complaints.......galaxy are getting bigger every year, note 4 will be 6 inch or more soon and when that happens......I want all those same Samsung people who write Lumia 1520 so big to write the same comments......I have a feeling there will be no complaints or we hear some really good excuses, whatever the responses are, I know there will be some hypocrites that day and it will be good to see who they are
20. Gemmol (Posts: 781; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
I will also like to see Phone Arena make a deduction of points too for big size....I like bigger phones, so I am hoping for more phones like Sony Ultra Z phablets next year 6.4 screens or 6.5 screens
19. nothingmuch (Posts: 189; Member since: 03 May 2013)
And Apple will sue because it will be made of metal! And tell the jury it looks exactly like a iphone and they’re losing sales because of it (ie. □ looks like ○) and the jury will favor Apple and this whole copy thing will start all over! They probably have a patent on fabrication materials by now just waiting for Samsung to do just this.
23. Ninetysix (Posts: 2317; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
That's really original. Did you come up with all of this by yourself? Impressive.
29. tedkord (Posts: 9949; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
He didn't come up with it. Real life did.
46. nothingmuch (Posts: 189; Member since: 03 May 2013)
Yes I did :P, and I can come up with Ninetysix more originals too!! JK! Lol
But here something not original.... HEY look up, there's a plane stuck in the mud!!
22. PK1983 (Posts: 215; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
I'm all for the screen getting bigger, so long as 1.) The phone doesn't grow any larger than the S4. 2.) The battery life stays the same or hopefully gets better.
24. Epicness1o1 (Posts: 243; Member since: 30 May 2013)
HTC if u wanna survive u better make a hell of a phone in 2014 beacuse it is going to be pretty nasty
28. downphoenix (Posts: 3155; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
also wouldnt hurt to release it earlier. The HTC One got hurt by the fact that the S4 came out almost right after it. HTC needs to beat Samsung to the gates, and hit with a strong marketing campaign. And the carriers need to not delay them so much, the One X and One both had issues with being available unlocked much earlier, but carrier delays really killed them.
25. bucky (Posts: 2448; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
The screens are getting ridiculous now. I'm sorry but If I need to drop everything just to use my phone then it's not a phone anymore-that's a tablet that can make calls.
30. tedkord (Posts: 9949; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
So don't but one and let the rest of us make up our own minds.
34. bucky (Posts: 2448; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
The same statement could be made for 90% of your posts in apple articles.
I wasn't bashing android. There has to be a point when the size stops. It should have stopped at 4.3-4.5
53. tedkord (Posts: 9949; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
90%, huh? LOL. You obviously aren't reading them. I don't attack any products. I do attack some odd Apples shady business practices, and I point out areas where Android beats iOS.
32. 14545 (Posts: 1447; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Well, if this turns out to be true, I won't be upgrading from the S4. I'm tried of this trend to continually make things bigger. If I wanted a tablet in my pocket, I would buy a nexus with LTE. That's not what I want. I want a device that has a screen no more than 4.7 inches.
35. Topcat488 (Posts: 1392; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Hahaha... 5.3" is the size of the very first NOTE. This means that the S Series will really be of the "Note" Series minus the S-Pen. Hehehe...
49. Long1 (banned) (Posts: 399; Member since: 18 May 2013)
Galaxy and Note last years get biger screens but SLIMMER bodies?
What is your problem?
Besides this is just rumor here. Right?
And no one of the Samsung custummers want cheap "premium" tin-can.
They want SD and swappable battery. Not ugly aluminum crap
36. fwinst (Posts: 64; Member since: 08 May 2010)
Looks like this would also move the headphone jack to the bottom of the phone. This also looks naked. So, it might still mean that this frame is clad in polycarbonite. It also might mean that a removeable battery, and MicroSD slot are still possible.
39. jove39 (Posts: 1788; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I think It's time now to keep display for phones at 5"...untill manufacturers figure out how to get rid of top and bottom bezel.
44. scsa852k (Posts: 329; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
Snapdragon 805, 5.3 inch screen with thin bezel, premium looking design with metal.
If Sammy can nail these specs, S5 will be a home run.
52. Android4Ever (Posts: 86; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
I hope Sammy doesn't make the S5 bigger than the S4. My 5" S4 with a Neo hybrid case on it is damn near to big for my hands now. And I don't have small hands. I think I'll snatch a PS4 and wait until the S6 comes out in 2015. Hopefully Sammy will realize that 5.2" is to big for a phone and go back to the sweet spot of 5"...and whatever you do Sammy PLEASE DON'T REMOVE THE REMOVABLE BATTERY!!!
54. philfoster (Posts: 34; Member since: 01 Mar 2012)
This French source always leaking wrote info...