Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Note Edge might be announced today: renders and specs leak hours before unveiling
The picture on the right shows Samsung’s Galaxy Note 4 and Note Edge, and while we’ve heard about the Note 4, the Note Edge is the real surprise here. With a curved display that flows to the sides of the device, it’s a brand new form factor. We’ve seen teasers and concepts for such a gadget for a long time - Samsung itself showed its Youm ‘three-sided’ foldable display that’s likely in use here.
In the Galaxy Note Edge, the side of the smartphone previously reserved for physical buttons, is now occupied with a usable touchscreen: the picture here shows how the side displays basic information about the time, battery status, signal level, but also shows missed notifications. This could be a nice way to quickly check what’s new on your phone without actually unlocking it.
- 5.7" Quad HD (1440 x 2560-pixel) Super AMOLED display on both Note 4 and Note Edge
- Addition 160 pixels on the side for the Note Edge
- Snapdragon 805 system chip with quad-core, 2.7GHz processor
- Full metal frame for Galaxy Note 4
- Note 4 dimensions: 153mm tall, 78mm wide, 8.5mm thick
- 16-megapixel OIS camera with Sony sensor on both Note 4 and Note Edge
- No IP certification (not water or dust resistant)
- Global release for Note 4 and Note Edge
- Note 4 to have heart-rate sensor, 3 mics
- Rapid charger battery technology, 3220mAh battery
Is the Galaxy Note Edge really coming, though, or is it just a faked render to stir things up before the real event? We’ll know in just a couple of hours - stay tuned for our liveblog from IFA 2014 Berlin.
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Note Edge might be announced today
10. AnTuTu (Posts: 968; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Looks fake to me but who knows what Sammy is cooking today :)
23. marcski07 (Posts: 551; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
I wanna be so hopeful today, so I think the disguised note that PA posted, I have a feeling it is the note edge... :D
26. Tizen007 (Posts: 522; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
looks pretty damn real to me, but yes it does feel like a wonderful dream.
14. Ashoaib (Posts: 2426; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
curved display will be a nice addition to phone industry and its innovative... only question is how much it will be useful in real life scenarios? lets see
16. AnTuTu (Posts: 968; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
True it's great to have something like this :)
2. hboy857 (Posts: 241; Member since: 03 Jun 2013)
Galaxy Note Edge looks really unattractive/ugly compared to Note 4.
6. matrix_neo (Posts: 321; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
If it's true then it will be a new standard for other manufacturers to follow. Samsung created the phablet category and popularized it. This will be the phablet of the year. Congrats Samsung in advance. I'm not trolling or whatsoever, it's my opinion.
8. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2010; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
I agree.. We need a new form factor, this is it, assuming its real
7. Somyatiwari59 (Posts: 2; Member since: 03 Sep 2014)
Note 4 Launch Live
Watch the Live from Berlin here at STJS Gadgets Portal
yup Live !!!!!
it will be Live from Berlin be the one of the first persons to catch the preview of the mobile
search for STJS Gadgets Portal on google you will get it
9. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
You're just here to promote the site, PhoneArena already posted the livestream article here.
12. Ashoaib (Posts: 2426; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
yes, there is already livestreaming available on PA
13. sergiobr (Posts: 435; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
Waiting for camera improvements in low light and IP57. Very satisfied Note 3 user here.
15. Ashoaib (Posts: 2426; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
elemental resistance will raise the value of note 4
18. DillWeed (Posts: 85; Member since: 14 Mar 2014)
Note 3 user here too. I wouldn't recommend to buy it before 4 has been out for few months because rom development takes time and note 3 has excellent roms. Also, you can buy it for half the price in six months.
17. nithyakr (Posts: 80; Member since: 20 Jun 2014)
I don't see any major advantages of the Galaxy Note Edge like display (curved).
But a flexible display, then yes, so that I can fold a tablet and stick it in my pants.
But just a slightly curved display is no more useful than a flat display.
That's how i feel. I might be wrong. please do en light me if I'm wrong.
19. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2010; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Actually a flexible screen has no benefits... The curved is better..imo
20. pyradark (Posts: 783; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
No water proofing. And what the hell.is that edge thingy. Another useless like hear rate. Eiwww eiww eiww!!!
25. medicci37 (Posts: 715; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Is this leak isn't real then you suck Gaurav Hasabnis
29. Plasticsh1t (Posts: 47; Member since: 01 Sep 2014)
In the first picture it should say "Bro, Do you even note?" XD