Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 and Mega 5.8 big-screen phones detailed further
1. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
That's awful! PPI of less than 200!
11. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3049; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Samsung is heading no where with these phones.
Maybe they want to see if people would buy large screened phones before they make a move on Note III.
43. garz_pa (Posts: 154; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
"Samsung is heading no where with these phones."
People in others countries do.
51. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3049; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I'm quite not getting your comment.
People in other countries do what? And which country it does not??
54. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
He means that people in other countries have nothing wrong with the design and those Galaxy phones sold very well in other countries............
57. artealis (Posts: 98; Member since: 15 Dec 2010)
country like indonesia realy love big phone
23. jsdechavez (Posts: 708; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
But some tabs and touch computers have such ppi. Bigger screens can be viewed farther so lower would seem ok...but the price wouldn't I suppose..
28. techspace (Posts: 795; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
really...1080p is the trend, which means that 720p is a must for any mid ranger
29. techspace (Posts: 795; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
we want more choices,but we don't want the same phone with different names...seriously, 720p display panels, quad core processors, gorilla glass 2 aren't really expensive, this is 2013...
and both the phones will be priced between $400 to $550
i like the idea but the specs are a very bad...
waiting for the nexus 5 is a better idea...
42. JEverettnow (Posts: 211; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
I think they are making these phones as inexpensive alternatives to the Note II and potentially the Note III. I also think they are for people in other markets other than the U.S.
2. iluvsmartphonexpdx (Posts: 48; Member since: 26 Mar 2013)
5.8 inch display with 2600 mAh only???
3. ajac09 (Posts: 1367; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
obvious both phones are meant for cheap markets bring on the note 3 rumors!
4. FlushGordon (unregistered)
Awful specs....just awful...the gargantuan screen made it utterly useless due to the low ppi.
5. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
No thank you, I don't like "DUOS", and the 6.3" is too big for me.........
17. akki20892 (Posts: 3706; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
getting bigger and bigger again n' again Lol and same design
i will see tv size samsung phone in future.....!!!
.php?fbid=534875493235490&set= pb.120674037988973.-2207520000.1365427971&type=3&t heater
21. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Samsung Galaxy TV (S20)
-Design for Gorilla hand humans :)
24. asingha94 (Posts: 294; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
Samsung gone mad!!seems they will end up the galaxy mobile series with a tv size screen!!!ridiculous configuration!!
27. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
LOL. No, this is a "smart" configuration from SamDUNG, or I mean Samsung........ xD
30. Rehankhan (Posts: 323; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
its funny coz sammy started making note size phone and now every mobile manufacturer company is just doing the same btw that pictures was lame :)
53. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
What if the pictures were real, Samsung really admit it was only designed for gorilla hand humans? :)
6. therealestmc (Posts: 129; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
Rotfl, are the people at Samsung going insane? They are diluting the galaxy brand even further by releasing devices like these.
8. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
They are confusing Apple ... who are in a fix as to what size to aim for :)
7. sorcio46 (Posts: 417; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
"5.8” qHD (960×540) LCD display, 1.4 GHz dual-core processor"
Orrible screen with an outdated SoC under... no thanks!
31. Rehankhan (Posts: 323; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
this is not a flagship phone i dont know what are you really expecting from this phone but i think this phone is for those who can't afford flagship phone
33. techspace (Posts: 795; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
there are many companies like micromax, huawei, zte... etc that are making much better phones for cheaper rates, so that is not an excuse
this phone will be priced at $450 so its not really cheap....if google can sell the high end nexus 4 for $299 then samsung can make a better phone for $450...
this year, samsung doesn't need to spend more than $200 to make a galaxy s3...even with much better specs as compared to this one
720p panels, quad core processors are getting cheaper and cheaper, gorilla glass 2 costs $3
9. darkkjedii (Posts: 13523; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
What the heck is Sammy thinking with this? Please Sammy keep knocking it outta the park, learn from HTC's mistake of too many different phones too soon.
12. mousesports (Posts: 264; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
s**t mega big one .. my pocket cant handle ...
13. osmaankhaan (unregistered)
They only make what surveys say so if u r that much concerned take part in the surveys
15. Kurai (unregistered)
i'm waiting for the galaxy billboard :)
46. kozza3 (Posts: 577; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
16. HASHTAG (unregistered)
I wouldn't even by these phones if I was looking to an low-priced phone.
19. Abbath (Posts: 99; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
This sort of thing is typically called "getting carried away"
20. WallStreetWolf (Posts: 89; Member since: 08 Apr 2013)
Absolutely horrifying. Large, poor display that has about as much appeal as the female yeast infection.
22. amro99 (Posts: 80; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
This is samsungs strategy, flood the mobile market with any possible screen size and market them with huge funds! But i have to admit it has worked so far...
25. darkkjedii (Posts: 13523; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Guys do you think Sammy is starting to get greedy? Lots of phones, but using cheap innards...like apple
26. MEeee (Posts: 295; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
More choices are better for the rich and poor. Apple and all other manufactures are starting to follow Samsung now making cheaper and bigger devices.
34. rallyguy (Posts: 588; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
Where did this info come from? I have recently read a few articles online and they all are saying these will be high end devices with high end hardware.
35. ajoshi06 (Posts: 20; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
Its time samsung stops focusing on screen size.. focus on battery... or signal boosters... or sharper/clearer sounds... or phone bill reducer... something like that
36. SavageLucy42 (Posts: 211; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
I can understand offering a big screen budget phone, but I can't really understand offering two that are so close in size and specs.
50. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 299; Member since: 26 May 2011)
I think the 6.3 inch version is meant to see who would go for a phone that large. If it does well in other countries, then they might go ahead with the 6.3 inch version of the Galaxy Note III and if it doesn't do well, then they might go with the 5.8 inch version of the Galaxy Note III for North America.
37. belovedson (Posts: 832; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
I'm sure it will sell in Asia and Europe, obviously the American market is limited to three to five phones from listening to people from these threads
39. Antonyjoseph (Posts: 216; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
Maybe Samsung is making a knock-off of its own Note 3 before the Chinese do. And all those who cant afford the Note 3 can still stick to Samsung instead of going for the Chinese clones.
40. PAandi (Posts: 3; Member since: 08 Apr 2013)
Samsung is doing the MOST; what's need for all those large size phones? I think the stopping point should been the "5.5"
44. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
Why phones are getting bigger?
45. kozza3 (Posts: 577; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
Samsung has more Galaxies than the Universe! /s :P
49. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 299; Member since: 26 May 2011)
I can't see Sammy releasing these phones in the US because it would hurt their Galaxy series image. The Galaxy Mega series must be the more affordable versions of the Galaxy Note series such as the Note II and Note 8.0.
52. kabilan.ravi (Posts: 13; Member since: 08 Apr 2013)
I wonder how i'm gonna talk with this phone. I had a feeling like using motorola walkie-talkie.
55. Saamic (Posts: 119; Member since: 20 Feb 2012)
This is really disappointing :-/ I was hoping for some flagship phablets, not mid-ranged ones
56. theindianguy (Posts: 90; Member since: 30 Sep 2011)
I am pretty sure that the Dual core Exynos will be of the A15 kind, the one which was used in the Nexus 10.