S7 edge gets X-rayed, flaunts its OIS magnets and wire harness in the cooling pipe
1. tyrionTheWise (unregistered)
I've been hearing that the loudspeaker is utter trash on the S7, even compared to S6. Also the camera is not good at all in daylight due to poor image processing(excessive noise reduction).
Can anyone with S7 attest to these issues? I guess the latter can be fixed with update, but given Samsung's track record on updates, it will never be fixed.
2. tech2 (Posts: 3349; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
As far as I know its on par with S6 in daylight if not better.https://www.youtube.com/watch?
In comparison with 6p and rx100:https://www.youtube.com/watch?
With regards to loud speaker, you're correct. I think the water proofing of the phone might have affected the quality of speaker.
4. NoToFanboys (Posts: 1120; Member since: 03 Oct 2015)
Regarding the speaker, I think that is the most probable reason.
Even HTC can't make great speakers in waterproof phones.
5. Adreno (banned) (Posts: 755; Member since: 12 Mar 2016)
The loudspeaker issue is there same in Sony Xperia Z series, due to waterproofing.
Sony has a software called X Loud, which significantly increases the loudspeaker's volume.
Don't know if Samsung has similar software.
14. tyrionTheWise (unregistered)
In the video you shared, the 6P seems way superior in low light. Also the sharpening artifacts of S7 are not noticeable on the screen unless you crop 100%.
21. pmsap (Posts: 78; Member since: 26 May 2015)
The difference to S6 is not that great. I'm glad I went for the S6 and saved 50% off the phone. I can use that saving to think about upgrading to S8.
23. tyrionTheWise (unregistered)
Same here, waiting for 2017. Marshmallow is awesome on s6.
37. pmsap (Posts: 78; Member since: 26 May 2015)
That's good to know because I still didn't get it. That's something I have troubling dealing with. A company the size of Samsung can't put their updates in a timely manner. Just throw money at the problem! Increase the software team!
43. robcar (Posts: 109; Member since: 18 Jan 2011)
Well, S7 have the best camera on the market right now.
Samsung can not do much more.
29. tech2 (Posts: 3349; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Actually I had already seen the MKBHD video this morning and I was quite surprised by such a big difference in pic myself. That being said I haven't seen such a vast difference between 6P and S7 in other comparisons of S7 against 6P. It might be a one-off IMO.
With regards to Erica, there is no doubt S7 is doing some extra sharpening can't argue with that.
3. Gonga (Posts: 10; Member since: 19 Feb 2016)
Hey tyrion did you get marshmallow? How is it behaving on your device.. I am having battery drains everything else is fine..
7. Adreno (banned) (Posts: 755; Member since: 12 Mar 2016)
Battery drains? How come?
I've instead seen improved battery life on my sister's Galaxy S6 running marshmallow.
I'm not rocking a Samsung phone now, so I can really confirm improved batter life based on my heavy usuage.
Because I put smartphones under a living hell on a daily basis.
18. S-R-K (banned) (Posts: 304; Member since: 15 Mar 2016)
I always carry a mini powerbank with 2500Mah. Never ever bothered me.
9. tyrionTheWise (unregistered)
Yes, I got marshmallow. All the lag and RAM management issues are gone. The phone feels like a monster.
Regarding battery, can't say much yet. Hit me up in a week or so. Currently I'm on 24% with 4 hour 46 min screen on time. Note that I do my special tweaks on my device to improve battery life specially regarding my usage scenario.
Are you rooted? If yes, then you won't get deep sleep. Did you do a factory reset? if no, do it now.
17. Gonga (Posts: 10; Member since: 19 Feb 2016)
Am not rooted and neither I factory reset it.. might be the reason of drain.. it seems the culprit is android os.. I will reset it today
20. ph00ny (Posts: 1165; Member since: 26 May 2011)
How bad was the ram management issue? it doesn't seem to impact note 5 at all. In fact i've had few instances where i've switched back and fourth between games and neither game reloaded (you know the ones where you install another game and you get bonuses in the actual game you play. I went through approximately 7 game installs and launches one by one and my main game never once reloaded)
22. tyrionTheWise (unregistered)
The note 5 didn't have much issues as it has 4 GB RAM. S6 from the other hand reloaded once you get past 4-5 apps, no matter how small they are.
On MM, I can keep 13-14 apps in memory. Note 5 should do even better.
26. Adreno (banned) (Posts: 755; Member since: 12 Mar 2016)
I do not think the Note5 didn't have much of the bad memory management because of it's 4GB RAM.
Actually it was a memory leakage in the 5.0.x TouchWiz-ed Lollipop.
Note5's 5.1 TouchWiz Lollipop improved the RAM management a bit, though nothing compared to Marshmallow's total fix.
15. Firedrops (Posts: 249; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
I can confirm the speaker feels like utter trash, but then again I switched from a HTC M8, so the difference might feel even stark-er.
16. ZeneticX (Posts: 62; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
I upgraded to the S7 E from Z1 and trust me, the S7 E speaker is VERY LOUD for a waterproofed mono speaker
6. sceamgid (Posts: 23; Member since: 12 Nov 2015)
s6 takes the advantage of high mpx if light is enough.especially if you compare 16:9 modes (16mp-9mp), s6 isnt far behind s7 @low light and nexus 6p is definelty on par with s7 @low light, maybe even better.
12. peace247 (Posts: 187; Member since: 26 Apr 2014)
Yeah 6p has a great camera. But the dynamic range is not good.
8. Adreno (banned) (Posts: 755; Member since: 12 Mar 2016)
WRONG. The S6's 16:9 mode is 12MP, not 16MP.
16MP is in 4:3 mode.
But definitely of higher resolution than the S7's 9MP in 16:9 mode.
10. tyrionTheWise (unregistered)
No. It's 16:9 on 16 MP (5312x2988).
27. Adreno (banned) (Posts: 755; Member since: 12 Mar 2016)
What? So I mistook it for the S5's 12MP in 16:9 mode!
32. tyrionTheWise (unregistered)
Even the s5 does 16:9 on 16 MP. Maybe you're confusing s6 with the A series.
41. Adreno (banned) (Posts: 755; Member since: 12 Mar 2016)
Just checked it on my sis's Galaxy S6. You're right.
I confused it with my already-sold Galaxy A7's 4:3 on 13MP.
Thanks, man. You're great!
31. Heisenberg (Posts: 86; Member since: 11 Feb 2015)
What are the things that would be lost after factory resetting?
How do I save my apps before factory resetting?(not rooted)
I have upgraded my e6 edge to mm but wanna factory reset, what should be done in order not to lose anything. I mean anything
Not rooted. Thanks
33. tyrionTheWise (unregistered)
Pretty much everything will be lost.Google will restore your apps. But back up your images, videos and music before the wipe.
42. OptimusPrime29 (Posts: 1; Member since: 18 Mar 2016)
The device will just download your apps from play store back.
11. peace247 (Posts: 187; Member since: 26 Apr 2014)
U r wrong bro.....s6 has a 16:9 sensor and it takes 16mp wide shots.
28. Adreno (banned) (Posts: 755; Member since: 12 Mar 2016)
Thanks, for corection bruh.
13. deanylev (Posts: 204; Member since: 11 Mar 2014)
Actually you're wrong. One of the greatest things about the S5, Note 4, S6/S6E/S6E+ and Note 5 is that their cameras did native resolution in 16:9. The IMX240 and Samsung equivalent sensor were 16MP 16:9 sensors.
30. Adreno (banned) (Posts: 755; Member since: 12 Mar 2016)
You are wrong about S5 16MP in 16:9 there.
The rest on your list are correct.
44. deanylev (Posts: 204; Member since: 11 Mar 2014)
Nope, I'm correct, but I see you've realized :)
45. Adreno (banned) (Posts: 755; Member since: 12 Mar 2016)
Yeah, I've realized.
I made myself sound like a noob.
19. S-R-K (banned) (Posts: 304; Member since: 15 Mar 2016)
Only one thing missing, grade 905 premium stainless steel. they could've used the Intel i5 without fans. Desktop Cpu on a phone. Magnificent.
But 905 grade are expensive. Only Rolex and breitling use them.
25. ibend (Posts: 3530; Member since: 30 Sep 2014)
soo.... what the benefit of using "grade 905 premium stainless steel"?
24. ibend (Posts: 3530; Member since: 30 Sep 2014)
mirror + a little crop and then set as phone wallpaper..
sadly I dont have S7 edge :-/
35. Trakker (Posts: 283; Member since: 11 Feb 2016)
I want an X-Ray along with my choice of notification for the always on display, so I'm hoping someone hurrys up with an app or mod and would gladly pay for any app like that.
39. talon95 (Posts: 466; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
Going from Note5 to S7 edge I guess better battery life. Note 5 would be at 10% at 10pm after a full day of moderate usage. The S7 edge is usually around 40% with the same usage and signal strength. I work in a building with only one bar of 2G or maybe 3G service so it can be hard on batteries.
I'm also curious if the dark red donut at the top right is the Samsung Pay MST emitter. It's nice to know what point on the phone to put beside reader.