Qualcomm teases the All New HTC One, doesn't mention what Snapdragon processor it's using
While we can’t know for sure what Qualcomm Snapdragon chipset the new HTC One will use at launch, we’re assuming that it’s going to be a quad-core 801 model - similar to what Samsung Galaxy S5 and Sony Xperia Z2 are using.
In Qualcomm’s own words, the 2014 HTC One is “a stylish new Snapdragon powered device” that will allow you to "#OneUp your mobile experience." Like the 2013 One, the new model has a metallic construction, so “stylish” is a pretty good word to describe it.
March 25 is the day when HTC will finally announce the All New One. The smartphone should go on sale the same day in select markets - possibly including the US, where Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile will join AT&T in stocking the device. This means that the new One will have an advantage over Samsung’s Galaxy S5, which goes on sale on April 11 (although pre-orders are already open).
1. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5523; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Props to Qualcomm and HTC. At least this time, HTC is not letting Sammy suck the oxygen out of the room (parts shortages last year that delayed the ship date for the OG One).
6. maherk (Posts: 781; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
As a Note 3 owner, and as a Samsung customer I hope the new One will give Samsung a good fight, but sadly it won't, no one has the marketing power of Sammy and Apple. We need more competition, it will only benefit us the consumers, resulting in better prices and better products.
17. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5523; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Yeah, well the last time around, Sammy not only used their marketing muscle, they bought up a bunch of production of major parts (I don't recall what was involved, but it was enough to add ~3 to 4 months to HTC's roll-out) used by the OG One. It is one thing to compete on features, but to embargo parts borders on the unethical.
25. maherk (Posts: 781; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
back it up with sources please. The one thing I am sure about, is that the HTC One wasn't able to meet demand due to design difficulties, precisely the tough process in building the aluminum body of the phone. I remember reading that it took 200 minutes to build the aluminum block for every single One produced.
54. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5523; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Google is your friend:http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_on
There are other links that document the issue. Try searching for yourself - it isn't that hard.
20. theminolaboy (Posts: 128; Member since: 18 May 2013)
Nah.. As far as marketing goes, Nokia doesnt have the deep pocket unlike Samsung and Apple but its marketing department are a bunch of creative people.. Lumia 925's first ever video was such as a great one..
22. maherk (Posts: 781; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
you mean the one where they shot it with a professional camera and got busted? Nokia and Windows fails miserably when it comes to commercials, I have NEVER seen a Nokia commercial talking about anything other than the Camera, no mentions what so ever for the software, features, design, accessories, apps, absolutely nothing!
40. Amir1 (Posts: 240; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
yeah, i'm sick of samsung and apple. i hope sony, lg and htc bites some good market share from samsung and apple in the coming years, especially sony.
2. AfterShock (Posts: 2050; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Is the Dragon chest thumping in reply to K1 in a round about way?
Or trying to aid a long time buyer in promotions?
Hard to tell...
3. amats69 (Posts: 957; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
So glad that qualcomm is helping htc promoting the all new one..few more days to go! Goodluck htc! Excited mode
4. 777light777 (Posts: 53; Member since: 14 Aug 2013)
Is it just me, or does anyone else think this New HTC One is going to have one of the highest BOM costs evar?
8. maherk (Posts: 781; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
phonearena should do something about trolls, it is getting annoying having people like those two knuckleheads above crashing on every single article just for the sake of starting a fight.
10. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7291; Member since: 14 May 2012)
SEN deserves to be banned as well as a few other users. This site is literally infested with trolls.
15. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 2588; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Lol before pointing finger, First look at yourself you are a troll king especially towards Sony.
44. neartx (banned) (Posts: 86; Member since: 15 Mar 2014)
sony need trolls? no i don,t think so
9. twens (Posts: 515; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Lol, I careless over this phone but I pray they hurt Samsung with sale. I use the note series of Samsung phones and I love touchwiz. I know for sure if Samsung sales are hurt the next note will be a killer. It will take manufacturers years to match the next note experience. Even my current note 3 still feels ahead of the new phones coming out this year.
21. newbey123 (Posts: 373; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Can't wait to get this phone on my upgrade. Best android device of the year. Good job HTC, its about time you all starting bringing the heat
26. hellonerds (Posts: 135; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
64bit snap been in the works last fall.. my friend works at qualcomm and he said could be ready this fall... lots of testing going on..
27. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 2588; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
What is the core architecture. Improved kraits or something totally new.
32. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5523; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Unfortunately, until 64-bit OS is ready for 64-bit SoC, no benefit will be realized.
30. ahmadb4040 (Posts: 2; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
Snapdragon 805 that will be top smartphone of the year maybe.......
38. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 2588; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Lol delusional htc fans killing english.
42. neartx (banned) (Posts: 86; Member since: 15 Mar 2014)
trolls man happy for your mother language well down man
37. neartx (banned) (Posts: 86; Member since: 15 Mar 2014)
you well see this year htc rock
and other include soooooonyyyyy fail
39. mas39 (Posts: 40; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Problem with these samsung trolls is they have nothing to talk about with regards to samsung products because they're so rubbish so they have to troll else where, which ill insane people would honestly purchase the S5 or the Note 4.
46. mojtaba_mn (Posts: 159; Member since: 22 Feb 2013)
I think in 25 March we see many surprises
47. zennacko (Posts: 222; Member since: 16 Jun 2013)
Could it be an 805 instead of the 801 everyone is waiting for?
49. AfterShock (Posts: 2050; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
It would be a welcome surprise, I kind of wonder that too after seeing Qualcomm mention the new one.
Never know, they may have scored an exclusive with QC to get 805 before anyone else.
53. Arte-8800 (limited) (Posts: 3086; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Everyone is waiting for the 64bit 4gb ram A15 Arm OR THE A57 cpu not this 3 years old cpu relying onnoutdated Arm cortex A9