Poll: Google is the most beloved tech firm in the U.S.
Apple trailed Google with 72% responding favorably to the iPhone and iPad manufacturer, followed by the 60% that gave Facebook a favorable rating. The numbers are extremely similar to last year's ratings when Google received a favorable rating from 82% of respondents, followed by Apple's 74% favorable rating and the 58% scored by Facebook. The poll results have a 3.5 percentage point margin of error and were conducted from May 29th through June 2nd with 1007 adults surveyed.
Google scored highly among all demographic groups, although those over 65 years old gave the company only a 64% favorable rating. And Apple seems to be losing its cool factor. Last year, 81% of those under 30 years old gave Apple a favorable rating. This year, that number was down to 71%. And something like that is not going to be addressed by releasing a smartwatch.
source: WashingtonPost via electronista
1. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1616; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Lol apple losing its cool factor! Damn right it is, but honestly this is very good for Google and they thoroughly deserve it!
7. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4579; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"Lol apple losing its cool factor!"
Apple already have lost its cool a few years ago.
Google for "lost its cool" and look at all search result titles, you will see Apple name almost in all results. ;)
10. CellularNinja (Posts: 260; Member since: 27 Sep 2011)
You are right! Apple and Facebook are both featured a number of times in the top results.
36. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
A because of that it's time for "Use a real smartphone - Android" TV advertisement! Seriously :-)
25. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
you need shock absorber . . . ..
3. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 682; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
we love Google! we also like apple.()_()
4. Whateverman (Posts: 3150; Member since: 17 May 2009)
They have a lot of really good products so I could see that happening. Can't think of any other companies whose name is now used as a verb for the service it provides... "Google it!"
Wait, People do say you can "TiVo" a show.
5. Hammerfest (Posts: 346; Member since: 12 May 2012)
Google! buy's TiVo to continue dominance in name as a verb category!
6. darkkjedii (Posts: 8899; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Apple it...just doesn't sound rite lol. Tim Cook it..?
15. PAPINYC (Posts: 1953; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Then you can always bÏTe it and sÜck it, if it makes you happy!
17. darkkjedii (Posts: 8899; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I have deemed you, no longer worth my time. CRS you've been exposed.
23. Whateverman (Posts: 3150; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Oh we have to use that for something! Lol.
24. tedkord (Posts: 3778; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Its "Apple them". It means to sue a competitor to stifle said competitors innovation.
8. MartianMe (unregistered)
i still don't get y ppl say apple "the iphone or ipad maker or manufacturer " that is a false statement . apple doesn't built sh*t. they're like a spoiled white little girl with a credit card. lg, samsung, sony, r manufacturers.. apple has 1 building where they design on napkins in which a lot of those designs r stolen from other real manufacturers anyways.
9. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 2741; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
I am not convinced since google does a lot of questionable things that seem to go unnoticed.
11. CellularNinja (Posts: 260; Member since: 27 Sep 2011)
That's bs, google is easily the most transparent company with its users.
12. alltechinside (Posts: 223; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
You'll say the exact opposite if it was apple instead of google.....Admit it and acknowledge it already..... Google's been first for several years now....
22. tedkord (Posts: 3778; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I am not convinced anybody cares whether toe convinced.
16. PAPINYC (Posts: 1953; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Of course Google is the most beloved; they even graciously allowed Google Maps back on iOS so that iDud owners would no longer be iLost.
18. HTCOE (Posts: 241; Member since: 20 Nov 2011)
saying that apple has lost it's cool factor is only going to hype them up more when something gets released tho
19. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 682; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
no one like apple? why? apple is coming w/ios7,,..hahaah wait and see.
20. darkkjedii (Posts: 8899; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Gonna be a home run. A bottom of the 9th bases loaded down by 3 runs grand salami.
21. dan86 (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
Google is trusted and loved worldwide. And google deserve it too for making web simpler and more meaningful.
28. jroc74 (Posts: 3625; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Amazing when you think where Google started...a lil ole search engine....
Apple....maybe its time to ease up off the lawsuits and redesign iOS. It hasnt really hurt OS X. Dont be scared Apple, yall need something more than an extra row of icons.
Yall took a chance with the orig iPhone and it paid off, dont be scared to do it again.
30. Edmund (Posts: 633; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
Is that why my gmail account had well over 500 spam emails before I deleted it last week ?? Some even displayed my real name, which I find puzzling if you consider that I have never linked a gmail account to sevices like Outlook.com and my ISP email.
32. ojdidit84 (Posts: 162; Member since: 16 Jul 2011)
That says more about your practices with your email address and email account than actual GMail itself or any email client for that matter. You don't have to link your account to any services for spammers to find access to your full real name.
31. SuperNexus (Posts: 111; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Google is my Fav tech company.
and almost all people like Google and its services.(except rival companies fanboys)
So, it is no wonder that Google is the most beloved tech company.
35. xtroid2k (Posts: 314; Member since: 11 Jan 2010)
Its like this. Both Google and Apple have done some not so nice things. Were I give google the edge is continued innovation.
38. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5468; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
And it's so TRUE. Google favorable tech company. Also a fun place too work at