Photo hints that the Huawei Ascend W2 will be water resistant
Today we have a list of specs to go along with the new photo, which reveals that the phone will carry a 4.3 inch display with resolution of 720 x 1280. The unit will feature a dual-core 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor with 1GB of RAM on board and 16GB of native storage is included. The 8MP camera on back captures video in 1080p and the battery is listed at 2000mAh even though an earlier report said that the cell would have a 2800mAh capacity.
Huawei's caption that was published under its picture, hinted that we might see the Huawei Ascend W2 released soon. The caption reads, "June 2013: as anticipated for many rumors, a new ultra-slim attractive design will enrich the collection of smartphones Huawei!".
source: HuaweiItalia, Plaffo (translated) via WMPoweruser
1. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5494; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Oh my god! The first water-resistant Windows Phone!
BRING IT ON, HUAWEI! ;)
6. volcano (Posts: 254; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
you mean the first waterproof windows phone "8" since there is already a water proof windows phone 7 Toshiba Windows Phone IS12T
2. Altair (Posts: 325; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Don't hold your breath ppl. This is going to be just another Huawei copycat product of other OEM devices.
Can you guys mention even ONE original design by Huawei??? Yeah thats right, there are none. They just copy and manufacture it cheaply with those millions underpaid childs. When they got your money, they will forget you. No support, no OEM apps or anything.
4. YourNightmare (Posts: 32; Member since: 12 Jun 2013)
Childs already build smartphones at the backstreet??
Btt I think it's on Microsoft just got his underwater pool do smartphone. Step forward for the competition and that is good for us all
5. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1619; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Lol Altair with the market share of WP it needs all the help it can get.....
17. Anti-Troll (banned) (Posts: 64; Member since: 12 Jun 2013)
Why did you put "lol" before stating fact?
12. _Bone_ (Posts: 2129; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Huawei sold more smartphones last year than Nokia. What do you say to THAT? :)
15. GamePlayer (Posts: 48; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
Huawei has a lot of their original desings. Stop hating.
-1 for your comment.
13. kindlefireowner (Posts: 382; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Huawei might have sold more smartphones than Nokia last year, But I bet the Nokia customers were more satisfied.
16. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Huawei did pretty well in China, only not so much elsewhere.