Orange France slips, posts high-res HTC One A9 pics, specs and a price tag
1. yadu004 (Posts: 72; Member since: 26 Apr 2013)
Looks like an iPhone with an android launcher.Even Priced like one.
14. AnTuTu (Posts: 1575; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
And this is how you destroy a mobile company.
RIP HTC you had a good run.
16. NoToFanboys (Posts: 1018; Member since: 03 Oct 2015)
It has gone to this because people didn't appreciate the previous HTC phones enough, they'd rather go Samsung or Apple.
22. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1235; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
So their brilliant strategy is to develop and underwhelming phone for a flagship price?
29. NoToFanboys (Posts: 1018; Member since: 03 Oct 2015)
Underwhelming? It's true that their cameras were underwhelming, but other than that their phones are excellent, try using one as a daily driver before calling them underwhelming.
26. Cicero (Posts: 847; Member since: 22 Jan 2014)
It smells like a GS4: display 5"/1080p, ram 2GB, camera 13mp, only cpu/gpu difference is 600 to 617. And the price tag?
28. SYSTEM_LORD (Posts: 305; Member since: 05 Oct 2015)
That's exactly what this thing is. It's a galaxy s4 with a new frame and HTC's UI. But smaller battery, hopefully better cameras and better battery life. The price has to be a place holder, because it'd be suicide to price this thing like this when Zenfones have better specs and sell for half the price
20. Arch_Fiend (Posts: 1936; Member since: 03 Oct 2015)
Correction It Looks Like An HTC Phone. Cause You The iPhone 6 Is Just Apple's Version Of The One M7. HTC Has Internally Lost Its Mind, Cause Like You Said It Is Priced Like An iPhone And The A9 Isn't A Flagship Device.
2. Johnnokia (Posts: 1058; Member since: 27 May 2012)
I can't believe it anymore, someone intentionally trying to destroy HTC
8. Rafishant (Posts: 185; Member since: 13 Oct 2015)
What the F is happening??
HTC is a great company with a great history.
In 2015 this company has been destroyed more than what E-flop did to Nokia.
Investigations must start in this company.
18. carlemillward (unregistered)
Yeah, I cannot believe this joke as gone so far, Onleaks says it nicely.
3. pifon (Posts: 66; Member since: 15 Jun 2013)
21. Arch_Fiend (Posts: 1936; Member since: 03 Oct 2015)
Nah I Don't Think That's Glass Above The Home Button. They Really Did Get Rid Of The Black Glass Bar, Even Though They Just Changed It To Metal And Put A Home Button Where The Front Facing Speakers Use To Be.
31. true1984 (Posts: 822; Member since: 23 May 2012)
I doubt its a button. I think its just a fingerprint scanner. It being all the rage these days and all
32. Arch_Fiend (Posts: 1936; Member since: 03 Oct 2015)
True, And If Its Just A Scanner They Should Have Put It On The Back And Shrieked The Bottom Bezel, Poor Design Choice IMO.
36. true1984 (Posts: 822; Member since: 23 May 2012)
I agree, but people complained about the scanner on the back with the onone max
6. manojmcn (Posts: 388; Member since: 16 Jul 2015)
It seems Peter Chou never wanted to ape the popular designs from other successful brands. That's why the chair women took over the reigns from him. She has decided that blind copy of iphone is going to bring in success. But I feel with the launch of this A9 model, HTC's reputation will be damaged very badly. Since these people have spend so much time of the year to design and release A9, don't expect One M10 to be any different as only a few months are left to get the falgship ready. RIP HTC.
7. arjunjs (Posts: 1; Member since: 15 Oct 2015)
Is HTC trying to become the next nokia
(towards the doom???)
11. Rafishant (Posts: 185; Member since: 13 Oct 2015)
Agree with you that both were committing suicide, but HTC does not have the billions of Nokia or the huge network infrastructure or HERE, and the company value is less than $1.5 billion.
10. Carl3000 (Posts: 152; Member since: 11 Oct 2014)
Is this the new hero flagship phone HTC reps said was coming before the year end? Does anyone else think this isn't flagship level at all? (and the price is outrageous) I need to know I'm not bugging out, is it just me or not?
19. Guaire (Posts: 494; Member since: 15 Oct 2014)
With that design, UI, specs and price it could be successful as a mid 2013 flagship.
Now it's a harbinger of massive Q4 2015 losses, probably is a death sentence.
23. kamrosh (Posts: 7; Member since: 21 Sep 2013)
its an almost iPhone with almost same specs and HTC brand name. should be launched as iHTC
24. megathaszrul89 (Posts: 107; Member since: 08 Jan 2015)
i really follow any news regarding this particular phone, just because, im hoping that one day, there will be an article explained that this is not the real design, it's a joke etc.
because, c'mon htc, this one really looks like iP6's design. seriously?!
25. Af1rPA (Posts: 652; Member since: 12 Jun 2014)
So the iPhone 7 will be out in a few months with a new design. HTC what are you doing.
27. Exige85 (Posts: 143; Member since: 12 Aug 2015)
Good Luck, because its a Tight race, @ the price You are competing with the Iphone 6 series, LG V10, Samsung Note 5(look on ebay you'll)/S6 plus. Work your magic
30. kabukijoe (Posts: 102; Member since: 06 Mar 2010)
Why was that other concept design not used? WHY?! I remember seeing it when rumors were flying around about the M9 then again when with the "Aero" and it looked SO nice! I think it may have at least helped HTC turn things around, if I remember correctly a lot of people seemed to give positive feedback about it... I know I would have bought it.
Even if that rumored design concept wasn't something cooked up by HTC they had to of seen it, it's been on the internet for a while and is something that they could have at least modeled the new design after. This iPhone copycat design is disappointing, especially to somebody who has been an HTC fan for years.
34. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
To be fair, this worked for the the Foxconn N1 tablet, sorry Nokia...lol
38. dronester1 (Posts: 3; Member since: 19 Sep 2015)
I think it's a beautiful phone, but I don't believe the specs listed are accurate. First it's a 615 chipset on some reports and 617 on others. Also some have it with 2gb Ram others with 3gb. HTC wouldn't do this at that price unless they were planning to fail. Also there's earlier reports of a deca-core processor, so who knows. It could be there's going to be a series of A-labeled Ones, perhaps an upcoming A9+ with better specs, warranting that price tag. HTC has made mistakes definitely, but I seriously doubt they're just going to jump off a cliff. We'll know next Tuesday. And I'll know whether I'm going with this, a damned Nexus, or keeping my current alkaline until next year when the deca-core devices surface....