Nokia is not even planning a tablet yet
1. ScottSchneider (Posts: 281; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
Late as Usual. When Nokia Starts to Tab, it will be too late.... like how they got into Smartphones....
5. speckledapple (Posts: 877; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
Actually I think tablets are different than smartphones. I think many people are waiting for Win 8 to pop up on tablets everywhere and thus possibly change how we currently interact with tablets today. They could move from consumption devices to something else. its probably not a bad idea to wait it out but internally start working on a plan. The problem with many manufacturers is that they rushed out too fast without thinking it through. Next year will be a big year of changes in damn near everything so tablets is no different.
7. -RVM- (Posts: 329; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Sorry, but Nokia made smartphones long before iPhone or first Androids.
8. dunyfunny (Posts: 20; Member since: 05 Nov 2011)
hey dude; I agree with you but Nokia did first smartphones but not touchscreen ones! When we were using there were not iphone or Anrdoid in the market
10. Penny (Posts: 989; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
Maybe Nokia is planning to go directly to the next big mobile gadget after Tablets. You think these companies only plan 6 months in advance or something?
2. Hafiz (Posts: 78; Member since: 20 Dec 2011)
Ofcourse the world needs a nokia built tablet. Everyone is so eager to get a windows 8 tablet. Nokia can definetly be the top tablet maker if it could make the first windows 8 tablet
3. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
I'm pretty sure there will be a Nokia Tablet, perhaps in 2013. The thing is they have close relationship with Microsoft, and Microsoft would want Windows 8 tablet made by Nokia.
Perhaps Nokia wants to focus on smartphone first.
9. ChiX017 (Posts: 308; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
i think thier agreement was based solely on smartphones.
4. bloodline (Posts: 688; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
nokia cannot afford a risk like that, thats why there is no production of a tab.
The tab market is questionable, who wants a tablet and why ? why not just have a laptop? like I said questionable, personally I like the idea but others dont see the point if they already have a smart phone and pc/laptop.
Its already got heavy competition, why would nokia risk making another loss, which could be potentially fatal for them
6. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)