Nokia appoints Rajeev Suri as CEO, outlines three-part strategy
After Microsoft successfully purchased its handset business, Nokia announced Rajeev Suri as the company's new Chief Executive Officer. Suri is a 46-year old electronics and telecom engineer who has been on top of Nokia's mobile network unit since 2009. In the past, he accomplished a successful turnaround of Nokia's Solutions and Networks division which was left in shambles after merging with Siemens's network unit back in 2006.
Rajeev Suri commented: "With our three strong businesses - Networks, HERE and Technologies - and position as one of the world's largest software companies, we are well placed to meet our goal to be a leader in the technologies for a world where everybody and everything is connected." The CEO also elaborated on the company's three-part strategy for growth. Nokia's Networks business, which serves most of the world's largest 100 operators, will invest in new products and services. The company's HERE arm will target technology for connected cars, cloud services for personal mobility, wearables and special purpose devices, and location-based analytics. Finally, Nokia's Technologies business will focus on licensing and exploring "breakthrough innovations".
At present, Nokia will embark on an approximately $6.9 billion (5 billion EUR) capital structure optimization program, which involves paying off dividends to shareholders, repurchasing shares, reducing debt, and other financial efforts.
1. PermanentHiatus (Posts: 267; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
It's not called Nokia anymore, it's Microsoft Mobile.
3. Johnnokia (Posts: 525; Member since: 27 May 2012)
Here is the typical idiot and troll in Phonearena
4. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2693; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Read the article(s) properly. Half knowledge is harmful.
15. SIGPRO (Posts: 465; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
It looks like you know nothing! Nokia still exist.....NOOB!
19. boosook (Posts: 1033; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
No, this article is about Nokia (the original one, that does not make phones anymore). You're probably a little bit confused.
33. Ashoaib (Posts: 2286; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
This guy looks like Mr. Bean... I hope he will be able to keep ppl at nokia entertained bcoz they will be sad at the moment
2. Johnnokia (Posts: 525; Member since: 27 May 2012)
Please, think about reviving the kidnapped handset division in 2016 ,,, Billions are still loving and trusting Nokia.
30. akki20892 (Posts: 3555; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
2016 Nokia and Android. I hope this will happen. If happen then new legendary era will begin. Waiting to see Nokia come back in 2016.
34. Ashoaib (Posts: 2286; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
If nokia will start using android then I can guarantee that I will again start liking nokia as I used to like few years back
5. Anshulonweb (Posts: 320; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
you are right.... there are many people that trust Nokia.....Nokia's mobiles have always been realiable and many people buy windows phones just because of Nokia..... if Nokia branding is removed and Microsoft start selling phones as Microsoft phones than not many people are gonna buy that.....Microsoft branded phones will be an epic fail...
8. Johnnokia (Posts: 525; Member since: 27 May 2012)
I feel happy now, because Indians love and support Nokia, not like the trojan horse who intended to destroy Nokia from his first day in the company
37. Ashoaib (Posts: 2286; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Everyone is indian these days... even the scammer who use homeless ppl to get iphone was indian :)
9. express77 (unregistered)
Hope he fix the damage caused by Trojan Eflop.
11. arunkumar4170 (Posts: 2; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Both CEO of microsoft and nokia are indian
23. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 968; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
i mean my comment was gonna be "so ?" but no pa has a 5 character minimum -_-
13. BattleBrat (Posts: 1099; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
An engineer! the perfect guy to beat back the bean counters!
17. FriendsOfSamsung (unregistered)
Says no one ever
14. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3319; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Good luck to the new CEO. There are still a lot of bright, hard working people at Nokia and I wish them the best.
16. Loubielou (Posts: 225; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Just hope he as like a Proper Chairman,as Mr Elop was more of a Salesman for Microsoft,Why?can"t Nokia put in a New Board Team In,as The Current Board can"t seem to be able to Sort out there Problems an are Just worried about the Money they get,Everyone Hopes now we Do get Nokia using Android,or help the Old Nokia Company Jolly out
18. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3319; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
While the overall management team may still have some pro-Microsoft members, let us hope they are busy spending their Microsoft bribe money and the new CEO is able to do a good job for a while, so the remainder of Nokia can prosper.
20. GreekGeek (Posts: 843; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
When Microsoft touches And " names" something... It turns into S#!t......
The list goes on and on.... They just couldnt come up with an appealing brand name
22. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 968; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
tbh microsoft made all of these and why not mention windows xp/7/8 while you're at it ?are these s*&t no
i personally hate Microsoft but facts are facts !
25. GreekGeek (Posts: 843; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
my point being, they made flop tech products more than any tech company on earth
28. papss (unregistered)
Umm they have also made more products in the tech world since they have been around longer than most. Don't be a narrow minded fanboy.
24. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 968; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
i already like this guys he's speaking common sense !
27. chocowii (Posts: 327; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
$6.9 BILLION DOLARS?!
Tell me how to put stocks in Nokia or Microsft Mobile or whatever you call it.
29. papss (unregistered)
Anyone remember the n Gage? Lol
31. ocilfa (Posts: 333; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
I hear people mention something about Nokia and 2016. What happens in 2016?
32. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1100; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
a commnter above said he or she hates Microsoft Why? The rough and tough days of Bill Gate's microsoft is gone. Steve Ballmer is Gone.The new MIcrosoft CEO Nadella is his Own man. Microsoft is now a true devices and services Company if you think Microsoft will be
a badass like you mistakenly percieve them to be you are wrong. Microsoft will become a powerful smaller profit making company than it is now and be around for a long long time and better yet it is listening more to what it's customers wants and giving them what they want witnin reason.
36. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3319; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
And do you believe in the Tooth Fairy as well?