Nokia Lumia 920 vs Galaxy S III vs iPhone 5 vs Note II vs HTC 8X skateboard image stabilization test
7. dickwyn posted on 05 Dec 2012, 06:40 15
reading the title at the homepage i can already decipher who is the winner
48. PhenomFaz posted on 05 Dec 2012, 12:00 0
wait is it just me or does the guy on the bicycle pass every time just before the skateboard starts moving? how can they have the same turn of events while shooting with any two phones at a given point of time?
My guess doctored video...no winner all losers
49. Berzerk000 posted on 05 Dec 2012, 12:10 2
They had all of the phones strapped to a pole and he carried them all at once while going down, so he would only have to do one take. Shown 15 seconds into the video.
2. lumia920 posted on 05 Dec 2012, 06:28 23
lumia lumia lumia and lumia only...... go lumia 920 and conquer the world...
5. Ron1985 posted on 05 Dec 2012, 06:38 16
Yes, Nokia Lumia 920 is an amazing phone.
1.Lumia 920(in a different league)
5.Galaxy Note 2
31. -box- posted on 05 Dec 2012, 07:52 3
What I don't like about the 5 is that for its "stabilization" all it does is crop out the outer parts of the image to give the impression of minimal shake, but if you compare the videos (as I recall) they are only 4MP when stock without that mode is 8.
39. Ron1985 posted on 05 Dec 2012, 08:28 2
Yes, but all the digital image stabilization do it.
That's why the picture quality of the nokia lumia 920 is better because it uses the all the sensor,
which gives it both a wider viewing angle and the option to do pixel binning(over-sampling), which helps fight digital noise.
9. Shubham412302 posted on 05 Dec 2012, 06:41 12
all other were just shaking like hell
lumia is best
53. lolol posted on 05 Dec 2012, 23:36 1
Xperias have good cams too as i know, wonder why they never include them in comparisons..
11. tashreef posted on 05 Dec 2012, 06:43 11
so here is the clear Winner..
Nokia Lumia 920.....A complete flagship
12. voxmarc posted on 05 Dec 2012, 06:44 0
i think the camera of note 2 is set on warm vintage effect,,,,920 is great....i love my note 2 bwahahahahahhaaaaaa....
13. willywill_evo posted on 05 Dec 2012, 06:53 11
I love it when we all get along and leave the fanboyish crap and give your opinion based on facts
15. marchels14 posted on 05 Dec 2012, 06:58 9
Nokia totally won the thing all the other cameras where like sh+t. Great job nokia.
16. Nathan_ingx posted on 05 Dec 2012, 06:58 13
Dude!! I wish that Pedro guy was here to see what he missed this year.
iP5 and SIII almost similar result to 920 he says...maybe he has the OIS tech already installed in his eyes so he didn't notice the shakes.
43. Nathan_ingx posted on 05 Dec 2012, 09:13 2
He would be asking the same about you if i changed the name.!
...or maybe not since you're more popular than him!! :D
18. voxmarc posted on 05 Dec 2012, 07:06 4
Fat guy vs Sexy guy vs Thin guy vs Big guy vs Average guy.
20. sorcio46 posted on 05 Dec 2012, 07:23 3
What a useless test, obviously wins Lumia 920 with its optical image stabilization...
27. -box- posted on 05 Dec 2012, 07:48 10
Not useless, demonstrative. Some people don't know about it or don't understand. Showing them a video of it in action is a great solution.
21. jacko1977 posted on 05 Dec 2012, 07:29 0
he could of cleaned the sgs III and note 2 camera first giving false results
26. lumia920 posted on 05 Dec 2012, 07:47 4
hahhahhaa do you think phonearena photography team is not mature??? even they don't know to clean camera (lens) first????? you are a loser... accept the reality..
29. -box- posted on 05 Dec 2012, 07:50 4
*cough* this was done by Dutch company "Beste Product". It is stated in the article
36. lumia920 posted on 05 Dec 2012, 08:20 0
oh sorry.... who-ever do it i obviously don't care bcoz this is just mocking that camera wasn't cleaned.... is it not?
30. tashreef posted on 05 Dec 2012, 07:51 2
clean your brain brother......
Learn to Accept the truth....you are not ready accept a clean video test....
33. ImQ009 posted on 05 Dec 2012, 08:07 0
Well, he's sorta right, for example just look at PhoneArena's Lumia 820 sample video. It's FAR from actual results you get with the phone.
45. ImQ009 posted on 05 Dec 2012, 10:40 0
What's up with all these thumbs down? Check out for yourself if you don't belive me.
35. SonyXperiaNexus posted on 05 Dec 2012, 08:18 1
was that sarcasm or are you just plain stupid?
56. hhvdblom posted on 06 Dec 2012, 09:29 0
the lens is clean. this blurry effect you get with camera's that can't do proper IOS. this is de effect you see. its the same as you take a picture while moving the camera only then multiple times (thats what video does).
so IOS on the Lumia 920 really kicks ass :-)
23. mydi.maus (unregistered) posted on 05 Dec 2012, 07:38 7
44. phablet posted on 05 Dec 2012, 10:35 2
HTC ONE PLUS IS MISSING. HOW COULD YOU LEAVE IT? The vinner is not here in the competition.
50. Berzerk000 posted on 05 Dec 2012, 12:18 1
1. Lumia 920
2. iPhone 5 and HTC 8X tied
3. Galaxy S3
4. Note II
51. MC1123 posted on 05 Dec 2012, 19:36 1
and of course no need to be shock that the NOKIA LUMIA 920 wins!!
no one is allowed to question nokia's camera technology!!!
only idiots will ask such a thing!
52. lolol posted on 05 Dec 2012, 23:34 0
1. Lumia 920 has really awesome video quality :D
2. HTC 8X and IP5 : tied
3. Galaxy s3
4. note 2 , i dont hate this phone but gotta say it records really bad video
54. waqarz posted on 06 Dec 2012, 03:42 0
1 . lumia 920
2. Htc 8x (it is no. 1 except the image stabilization)
3. Galaxy s3
4. Galaxy note 2
5. Iphone 5
55. RobotMan posted on 06 Dec 2012, 09:22 0
Funny how that the window phone video is clear but other phone like it lens purposely dirty.
57. hhvdblom posted on 06 Dec 2012, 09:34 0
not dirty but "blurry" because of the movement. that shows they are not able to record good video while moving. so the "blurry" thing is what you normally would see on a smartphone. nokia eliminated that negative effect with IOS. so now you can see whats the real use of IOS. its a big plus if you take pictures or record video. but also the digital audio is great. just the best phone of this year.
while you think there are already iphone5+ and gs4 on their way? both companies are s**tting there pants because the nokia train comes on steam and when a train is driving its not easy to stop so better to come in action fast, but if thats enough i question, the lumia 920 shows a real killer.