Nokia Lumia 530 allegedly photographed in the wild
Running Windows Phone 8.1, the Lumia 530 features on-screen software buttons, unlike the 525 and 520 (both of which have capacitive keys). Its screen should be a 4.3-inch one, likely with a 480 x 800 pixel resolution, while the rear camera doesn’t seem to have an LED flash. Other expected features include a Snapdragon 200 processor, 512MB of RAM, and dual SIM capabilities.
Seeing that the Lumia 635, which is brand new itself, will be offered for as low as $99, the Lumia 530 may cost even less, likely becoming the cheapest Windows Phone 8.1 device on the market. So it looks like Microsoft is very determined to win the hearts of customers who don't want to pay too much for a smartphone. We'll see later this year if it succeeds.
2. marcski07 (Posts: 386; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
looks fake to me... see the on screen button, lumia is not using on screen buttons...
3. gehrig (Posts: 174; Member since: 17 Apr 2014)
The 630 uses onscreen buttons, so why not the 530?
6. marcski07 (Posts: 386; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
ow, i'm sorry, i'm not aware of that. LOL. so if this is legit, then this phone looks ugly...
16. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1350; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Lumia 620 had a similar design , so its more than likely to be legit
21. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1144; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
yes. this will be real. even though it is chubby looking compared to the other 5xx 6xx models, it will still be the cheapest one yet.
4. rjmlive (Posts: 28; Member since: 07 Apr 2012)
I have the 520 but this thing looks really cheap. It seems they likely lost a fair bit of money on the 520 as it's still better than the 635 and this apparent 530. The 520 will go down as the total gem of smartphones for years.
7. ihavenoname (Posts: 1398; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Moto E looks better. This is like a toy.
8. HugoBarraCyanogenmod (Posts: 180; Member since: 06 Jul 2014)
Correction, both Nokia and Moto are toy
10. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2661; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Color is cool but design is ugly.
12. likemorethan1 (Posts: 46; Member since: 22 Aug 2013)
No flash and front-camera, dissapointed
13. Srilankan (Posts: 6; Member since: 07 Jul 2014)
No Flash, No Front Camera, only 512MB Ram = No Buy
14. hurrycanger (Posts: 1123; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
I like the design better than the 520/521. The corners and front edges of the 520/521 are just so uncomfortable in the hand. This seems to be better for handling.
Anyway, the 635 is even better, so I don't get any tiny bit excited for this one.
One complain about this though: the speaker hole!!! I mean... seriously??? Hope it's fake. xD
15. hurrycanger (Posts: 1123; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
Forgot the L630 got the same speaker hole... -_-
Anyway, it just looks... wrong on this one. It seems okay on the 630.
17. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3062; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Microsoft appears to be focusing on making cheap phones, trying to build share on the rapidly expanding low end of the market, where Android is currently the champ. It'll be interesting to see who is more successful.
18. DogeShibe (Posts: 419; Member since: 10 Jan 2014)
I just got 525 4 months back...and now this?
19. RobVLC (Posts: 13; Member since: 02 Apr 2014)
Snapdragon 200 ¿ARM cortex A7? and 512MB ram?
Lumia 525 has S4 play Dual core Krait and 1GB ram, dedicated camera button, capacitive buttons.
Lumia 630 should have had: 1GB ram, qHD, flash and front dfacing camera, to leave 530 with that specs.
They seem to comete with moto E and Moto G in a strange way...
Lets hope to see Lumia 730 with Snapdragon 400, 1GB ram, HD screen, Carl zeiss camera...
24. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1144; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
your speculations are just right. for 730 atleast. who knows, it might get snapdragon600 instead.
for me its:
snapdragon200 for lumia 530.
snapdragon400 for lumia 630.
snapdragon4/600 for lumia 730 - slim phone.
snapdragon600 for lumia 830 - 1gb ram.
snapdragon 805/810 for lumia 1030