Nokia 808 PureView gets a U.S. release date
1. -RVM- posted on 20 Jun 2012, 08:32 2 0
Let's hope it will not be too expensive for Americans.
3. shadowcell posted on 20 Jun 2012, 09:14 2 0
Well that depends if you're financial state makes $699 feel like pocket change.
4. -RVM- posted on 20 Jun 2012, 09:16 1 1
It's not problem for me. It's just ridicoulous how are some Americans complaining about steep price.
11. Hlorri posted on 20 Jun 2012, 13:55 0 0
Part of the benefits of buying an unlocked phone (like this) is that you will not be forced into a new contract. I still use my $15/month "data unlimited" data plan that I signed up for years ago along with a "feature phone", but currently use with a Nokia N8. Over a standard 2-year contract term, that adds up to savings of $360 (when compared to a $30/month 3 gig smartphone data plan).
The one caveat is that if you buy an unlocked LTE phone (such as the Sony Xperia Ion, LT28i), there is no telling yet what AT&T does once you put this on their network. Their own 4G phones (such as the same phone with branding, LT28at) require specific "4G Smartphone Data Plans". Even though the price for those plans are equivalent to standard (3G) smartphoen data plans, they seem to make this distinction for 4G devices.
2. Veigald posted on 20 Jun 2012, 08:36 1 0
They might as well give it a hefty price tag, it is for those especially interested anyway, not for the mass market.
5. mobilefuture posted on 20 Jun 2012, 10:17 0 0
This is supposed to be like a DSLR in a phone! its gotta cost $699...
6. Ivan6479 posted on 20 Jun 2012, 11:05 0 0
This will surely be for those photo taking enthusiasts seeing how it's running Symbian. Not sure who still wants that garbage, so it's going to be a tough sell for everyone else with all of the other great options on the market.
7. Shubham412302 posted on 20 Jun 2012, 11:58 0 0
camera enthusiastic must not see it is a symbian device
and it has same quality as highly priced dslr
and it for about 600$ in india
8. rnk.khch posted on 20 Jun 2012, 12:59 0 0
I just placed my order!!!! Can't wait to get it!!!! Dream come true!!!
9. InspectorGadget80 posted on 20 Jun 2012, 13:50 0 0
Think I'll wait for a few years till NOKIA drop the price still too expensive when it launch
10. downphoenix posted on 20 Jun 2012, 13:50 0 1
You can just get a good DSLR, which is much better, for the same price. The camera that Phonearena compared this to isnt as DSLR, its just a standard digital camera. This phone replaces the standard digital camera, but not a DSLR, not even close.
12. rnk.khch posted on 20 Jun 2012, 18:42 1 0
Really?! So the $3,499 Canon EOS 5D Mark III is not a DSLR?!