Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 to start getting Android 4.4 tonight
5. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
It will still have 4.4 months before any other phones.
6. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Well Google play edition devices should get updated about nexy week
8. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
*waits for HTC to fail, again*
11. 14545 (Posts: 1597; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Again, your point is? Everyone that buys an Android device KNOWS it's not an instantaneous update. We are condition to that fact.
7. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
just another hater
41. gallitoking (Posts: 4720; Member since: 17 May 2011)
Nexus devices should not have to wait from any update coming straight from Google...
42. JonBjSig (Posts: 176; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
They have to wait because the update just isn't ready yet.
Every Android device be it Nexus or not runs a different build of the OS each tailored to that specific device.
Sometimes it just takes a while to iron out the bugs in each build.
43. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Why? Taged Rollouts have proven to be more effective and cause less bugs to the users (witch we saw on iOS like it was a horde) most OS's take a few months to rollout the update to everyone, iOS was released to the public months after its announcement and people waited, why people can not wait for an update of a device announced just a few weeks ago?
50. gallitoking (Posts: 4720; Member since: 17 May 2011)
the difference here is that KitKat has been released and and the nexus have not received it... Apple on Sept 18 within hours was available to every Apple device...
52. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Like I said, the way they operate is different, I don't see why staged rollouts are a bad thing, when they ensure customers won't have issues with the update to begin with, or should I point the horde of bugs that plagued every iPhone consumer in your so called "perfect release method"
12. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
You have two full stops when there is supposed to be one and three commas for a pause. iPhone keyboard failing again?
Change it...oh wait, you can't.
17. ihavenoname (Posts: 1693; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Don't hate bro, let people have phones they like. Not everyone likes Android, ( I do like Android, but I also like iOS ).
33. batman888 (Posts: 37; Member since: 06 Dec 2012)
exactly i hate ios no customization its like we are slaves to cracked up apple
51. gallitoking (Posts: 4720; Member since: 17 May 2011)
you are not a slave simply because no one forces you to buy Apple.. is your decision.. own up..
9. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
As long they announce the NEXUS line up gets 4.4 is fine with me mine is a 2012 nexus 7.
10. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
No, I need official 4.4 on my 2013 n7, now.
13. Tux_Alan (Posts: 74; Member since: 30 Jan 2013)
Still is sad, KK is the first update I have to wait for since I began buying nexus devices.... Always been a strong point for me....sad
14. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Already running 4.4 on my S3. Abusing the check for updates button all night. :)
15. jarnts (Posts: 12; Member since: 26 Oct 2013)
4.4 is out on your galaxy s3? Do you have a custom rom or something? I didnt think 4.4 was coming to the S3s.
21. NedStarkLeMadrilene (Posts: 19; Member since: 26 Oct 2013)
Either he is lying for having it (because galaxy s3 is not a nexus device as far as I know), or he rooted his phone and he is using a custom rom! Thats all simple
29. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Here you go.
31. NedStarkLeMadrilene (Posts: 19; Member since: 26 Oct 2013)
I see you are running Cyanogen mod, but then why you want to abuse the check button?
39. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
The article was pertaining to the Nexus 7, which I own in case you didn't know.
55. NedStarkLeMadrilene (Posts: 19; Member since: 26 Oct 2013)
Loool but how i am suppose to know you have a nexus 7 man? :p
16. cR203 (Posts: 202; Member since: 27 Jan 2013)
I hope this update will breath some new life into my nexus 10