New Samsung SM-G3858 seems to feature a built-in projector and metal back
What’s more, the SM-G3858 has an unusual bump on the upper side of its rear case. This resembles the bump that the Samsung Galaxy Beam has in order to house a built-in projector. So we can only assume that the SM-G3858 also comes with a built-in projector. Of course, we may be wrong.
In any case, what we know for sure is that the Samsung SM-G3858 runs Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, and is made for China Mobile (it could also have versions for carriers outside of China). We mentioned that the handset’s specs aren’t that exciting, but that doesn’t mean we have to omit presenting them. So here they are: 4.66-inch display with 480 x 800 pixels, quad-core 1.2GHz processor (possibly a Snapdragon 200), 1GB of RAM, VGA front-facing camera, and a 5MP rear camera with LED flash.
For now, there is no word on when the Samsung SM-G3858 will be announced. We’ll keep an eye on this and provide more details when we get them.
3. akki20892 (Posts: 3603; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Now make new one,
another beautiful day, another ugly Samsung
8. sip1995 (Posts: 907; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
hahaha not the samesung and be careful, they will report you for no reason, just like they did to me.
42. sgodsell (Posts: 1372; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
Please list another phone that has a built in projector.
9. Tizen007 (Posts: 522; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
OH WOW.. One day people hate plastic and want a metal built premium device.. Another day they hate that too.. If people can think Sammy cannot just change their design paradigm suddenly in one day you know..
10. Tizen007 (Posts: 522; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
But YES that is ugly.. YUP I agree...yeah
11. Tizen007 (Posts: 522; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
I would seriously laugh my head off if that was a plastic build LOL
13. Kyokado (Posts: 115; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Why dont people get that the main selling point of this phone is the projector? Screw the design. Screw the specs. The projector is a helix fossil.
35. Commentator (Posts: 2467; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
It probably is. I have no idea where PA got it in their head that it is metal. Because it's silver? Apparently they haven't been covering the last two years of Samsung's models that use that exact same texture with plastic to mimic the look of metal.
Oh wait, they have...
2. Credo (Posts: 695; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
It looks like it has the same thickness as the Nokia N900 from a few years ago, but hey probably it needs a GIANT battery to power that projector.
30. maherk (Posts: 1104; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
it's not made for the typical buyer, just like the S4 zoom, this one will have its own market. This is the 3rd Galaxy projector device, and none of the previous two had the looks, and of they didn't sell well, Samsung wouldn't be giving it a third shot. Samsung is doing it's job in giving their customers what they want, each one on this planet jas his own taste when it comes to food, cloths, cars and gadgets, so the more choices the better for us the customers.
5. akki20892 (Posts: 3603; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
I don't want to touch ugly Samsung anymore. Please get off from my eyes. Ewwww
36. akki20892 (Posts: 3603; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Do you mean Nokia = empire win world wide.
38. mayur007 (Posts: 459; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
no matter what
if nokia gets google flavour then samsung needs to up there shield
29. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
Yes touch glorious lumia 520 ... go to the democratic nation of fartmestan they adore nokias there
6. NoFanboy (Posts: 233; Member since: 18 Nov 2013)
Lol. Hey its more premium than the s5. Looks like they're testing the waters....
7. Lt.Green (Posts: 393; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
I admire Samsung for making the oddest of things.
12. Kyokado (Posts: 115; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Versatility child. They are making all sorts of whacky stuff but it just expands their consumer range. Imo.
16. gilbert1029 (Posts: 14; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
They could have art least included mid range specs! I love the idea of a projector bit there is nopoint in having it in a low end phone. Knowing Samsung this phone will probably sell for about 300 which is a lot for a low end phone with a projector
17. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3574; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Lol beam neo. More like bu...... Sigh.
19. fzacek (Posts: 2063; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
wow, this low-end Samsung gets a metal back, but Samsung's flagships don't...
21. camera531 (Posts: 169; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
Looks like grey plastic to me. Similar to the S3 hyperglaze. I DOUBT that it's metal.
26. hurrycanger (Posts: 1229; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
could be the same as the metal-looking plastic back on the Alcatel One Touch Fierce.
33. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2550; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I agree. Looks just like the back of the Ativ S to me. Everyone THOUGHT that was metal too.
22. galanoth (Posts: 332; Member since: 26 Nov 2011)
Samsung does plastic. People hate it.
Samsung does metal. People still hating it.
25. jackskellington6 (Posts: 7; Member since: 14 Mar 2014)
Funny thing is that the people that cry for a metal phone would probably smack a plastic case on it.
24. nctx77 (Posts: 553; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
Samsungs lead designer should be arrested a sentenced to life for these horrible designs. What is this the galaxy duct tape?
31. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1161; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
too much samsung in the world in the streets. always same familiar design low end to mid end to high end. feels cheaper day by day
34. MrOCD (unregistered)
It's not that I hate the metal, I just think the design needs some work...
37. AfterShock (Posts: 2866; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Trying to copy my kitchen sink now are they?
39. tumchaaditya (Posts: 71; Member since: 21 May 2012)
Ewww for the design!
A dime(coin) has better finish than that!
40. Tech_Junkie1996 (Posts: 42; Member since: 29 Aug 2013)
Wow, they're finally bringing this phone back? I've loved the idea of a projector on a phone, it would make it so much easier to show people things, especially since I don't like large screened devices. That being said, I don't like the design. Its not the material, its the physical design. It looks bad. Redesign it and I'm sold. I would also love to see a 720p projector, but we know that's not happening. I hope Samsung can put the best into this device and I would gladly shell out a few hundred bucks for it. Then again, I'm probably one of 5 people that would.
41. Kyokado (Posts: 115; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
The previous one appreciated to 1300 usd. In two years. Awesome investment