Moto X phone to sport a so-called Clear Pixel camera with gesture controls
6. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2957; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Get your boots ready for Ultimate Pixel!
Gawd, i think i have to patent that!
7. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
Here I come Moto X!! :p
14. PapaSmurf (Posts: 5807; Member since: 14 May 2012)
UltraPixel is one of the biggest gimmicks and flops I've seen in awhile. I want to see the quality of this "Clear Pixel" and how it performs to what's in the market today.
2. boosook (Posts: 727; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Wasn't clear pixel the technology developed by Sony and intended to debut in the 2013 Exmor sensors, which was later removed from specifications because it did not deliver the intended results? Maybe they've fixed it, now...
3. KiranPAUSER (Posts: 73; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
None can beat the upcoming lumia 1020's camera
5. Arman (Posts: 42; Member since: 08 Jul 2013)
its almost impossible to beat a huge 41 megapixel 1/1.2 inch sensor when it comes to detail and lowlight performance..(with 3 Axis OIS and nokia software optimization it will a huge step for mobile photography)
but this phone can beat others in android ecosystem.
12. sergiobr (Posts: 269; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
Lumia 1020 or wherever is just a WP cameraphone. Nokia needs Android and the innovation of Sammy. You want take serious pictures ??? Buy a compact camer a(I have my Sony-TX66), or use a DSLR.
4. Arman (Posts: 42; Member since: 08 Jul 2013)
I really think it will be a better camera if it uses different subpixel arrangement , right now all the camera phones are Bayer (2x2 - RG on top and GB on bottom).. bayer arrangement is a great choice for low iso detail.. but it isnt optimized for low chromatic noise in lowlight situations..
best example for new and innovative arrangement is Fuji X-trans sensor with more random arrangement(4x4) and better performance in high iso low light situations.. cant wait for more information about X Phone..
8. Mr.Mr.Upgrade (Posts: 408; Member since: 30 Aug 2011)
Motorola looking ready to make a come back
9. Adithya7184 (Posts: 260; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
what the heck is clear-pixel?????
nothing but a marketing gimmick....
10. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2957; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Gimmick or not, we'll figure out after the initial review.
11. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5466; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Motorola should of kept the EXMOR camera.
13. sergiobr (Posts: 269; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
I think that ,no matter the new name, with 10MPX is better than the 4MPX experience from HTC.
15. PapaSmurf (Posts: 5807; Member since: 14 May 2012)
The 4MP UltraPixel camera on the HTC One isn't as great as tech sites reported it to be. Pictures were pixelated and even in low light it barely performed better than my GS3.
18. roldefol (Posts: 2855; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Still, I give HTC credit for bucking the "more megapixelz!!" trend. But I think Nokia is on the right track with their 8.7 MP Lumia camera, which is a good middle ground between the UltraPixel and brute force Galaxy S camps.
22. phonemirer (Posts: 110; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
im sure that a 8mp ultrapixel would beat the 2013 13mp flagships
16. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5470; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
make the come back already!
don't keep me waiting anymore Moto!
17. bnick25 (Posts: 26; Member since: 05 May 2013)
If it comes with snapdragon s4 ill pass. Everything else sounds nice but this phone processor will two behind when it comes out.If I wanted s4 processor would of stayed with sg3
21. roldefol (Posts: 2855; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I'm sorry, my grammar sensors just exploded. I need to go pray now.