More pictures of the Sony Xperia Z3 surface
Besides sticking with the Snapdragon 801, Sony has apparently decided to keep the 1080 x 1920 resolution on the screen, instead of opting for a 1440 x 2560 QHD display. Perhaps that also will keep until the Xperia Z4 is released early next year.
The Sony Xperia Z3 could be unveiled in September, around the time of the IFA 2014 show in Berlin. The current Sony flagship, the Sony Xperia Z2, was introduced during the MWC in February. The Sony Xperia Z3 has slightly more rounded corners, a more easily seen front microphone, and narrower bezels. You can check it out by clicking on the slideshow below.
Leaked pictures of the Sony Xperia Z3 Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Android L vs Android KitKat: A visual comparison
03 Jul 2014, 04:54
Amazon Fire Phone hands-on
16 Jul 2014, 23:14
Leaked pictures of the Sony Xperia Z3
Thanks for the tip, Stitch!
source: VRZone (translated)
12. Liveitup (Posts: 841; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
How is the guy using Windows 7 related to what's being discussed.
15. Jinto (Posts: 281; Member since: 15 Jan 2014)
MSFT is ashamed of the fact that it is not Windows 8( or 8.1)
43. nanozander (Posts: 61; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Because most are still sticking to Windows 7 and few are jumping onto their new product?
44. 0xFFFF (Posts: 1980; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
"Why would MS be ashamed makes no sense."
Because it's just another example of someone ignoring Windows 8/8.1 and waiting until Microsoft gets their head out of their ass and makes a non-touch OS for their non-touch PC?
51. vincelongman (Posts: 936; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
People have all always been reluctant to update their Windows
E.g. when Windows 7 was released most people still didn't want to update from XP
Windows 8.1 in desktop with a replacement Start Menu is basically exactly the same as Windows 7 except faster and with more features
52. nanozander (Posts: 61; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Nope. When VISTA was out, most people still didn't want to update from XP. But when 7 came out, most upgraded within a year. By most I mean companies I've visited/worked with
62. 0xFFFF (Posts: 1980; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
"Windows 8.1 in desktop with a replacement Start Menu is basically exactly the same as Windows 7 except faster and with more features"
If by "more features", you mean "more spyware", then you are right. Basically Windows 8/8.1 is an invasive data stealing POS that no one who works with any sort of valuable and/or private information should ever use.
Nevermind the broken by design UI. Even if you can hide some of it with Start8 or similar software, Windows 8/8.1 will still waste a lot of time tracking the mouse for "gestures" when it shouldn't be.
54. hamza14860 (Posts: 12; Member since: 30 Sep 2013)
Actually there is no point in discussing Xperia z3. There is no change to discuss :/
59. nanozander (Posts: 61; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Your comment should be plucked off this post and shoved up Sony's Arse...
33. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5422; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Here is more photos:
2. Xperia_droid (Posts: 22; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
rounded corners(probabely metallic) are looking good but i am bored with this glass material , plz sony make it with full metal :D
7. Feanor (Posts: 292; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
For me completely the opposite... Glass looks cooler than aluminium and it scratches less, but this rounded, untreated sausage like frame... Ewh!
I was waiting for this model, but if it looks like this I'll get a Z2 on good discount once this is out.
But how is this possible that the Xperia T3 comes with a classy stainless steel frame and the next flagship not?
3. akki20892 (Posts: 3234; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
i give this leaker credit for using enough MP camera to take photos.
4. m3taz (Posts: 7; Member since: 16 Oct 2013)
Good corners. but they extremely nedd to update their ui. I got bord of it
14. Jinto (Posts: 281; Member since: 15 Jan 2014)
Me too, but this time it looks a lot more compact
36. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6116; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
exactly my point. sony needs to change their UI and add some nice features on the Z3 also PUT THE Z3 ON EVER single DAMN CARRIER.
53. RandomUsername (Posts: 347; Member since: 29 Oct 2013)
I think this is the best manufacturer UI. I hate the so-called "flat" design employed my Samsung and LG.
48. zuckerboy (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
925 indeed anong the best designed phones
8. Esf_Kid (Posts: 45; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
It cant be Z3 as Sony claimed they will use another design language for Z3.
9. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2176; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Well. What can I say...
LOVE YOU Z2! MY BUDDY!
17. Jinto (Posts: 281; Member since: 15 Jan 2014)
Lucky you, USA will get the Z2 when the Z4 is announced :(
22. billgates (Posts: 302; Member since: 29 May 2014)
No man, I just got my Z2 in the US from Amazon. Loving it this far
26. Jinto (Posts: 281; Member since: 15 Jan 2014)
I mean the carriers and general in-store availability
29. billgates (Posts: 302; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Ah I get what you are saying and agree. Mine came with a funky wall charger that I can't us lol.. It did come with the magnetic cradle charger though
27. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2176; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
lol. I hope Sony will support US more in 2015
20. billgates (Posts: 302; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Me too! Just put my z1 in the drawer and put the tempered glass on the new Z2 and she is my new love
58. billgates (Posts: 302; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Great phone for sure. I got my used so it wasn't taken care as much as I would have so it was pretty scratched up and the loud speaker was very low so I jumped to the Z2. Putting them side by side it's really hard to tell the difference. something I didn't notice until I got it but they inverted the color on the sides for the aluminum
10. TreyTreyTaylor (Posts: 295; Member since: 21 Dec 2010)
They all just look the same to me. Not in a good way. If this is Z3 which I kinda doubt, Sony wake up.
25. billgates (Posts: 302; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Better than the design of SAMSUNG, LG and even Moto, just saying
13. ikenvape (Posts: 28; Member since: 28 May 2014)
How are they going to make a Z3 with an 801? No way this is it.
18. Jinto (Posts: 281; Member since: 15 Jan 2014)
Bigger question is, how are they gonna sell it? Methinks apple style marketing (improve none, advertise more)
28. billgates (Posts: 302; Member since: 29 May 2014)
I kind of agree. There really needs to be something new on this phone.
31. mdorno (Posts: 7; Member since: 17 Aug 2011)
Sony's new marketing strategy. Release a phone everywhere else but the US and then re-release the same phone but under a different name 7 months later for the US.
32. jellmoo (Posts: 617; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
The Sony Guide to Increased Phone Sales
1. Pick up Xperia Z2
2. Pick up sharpie
3. Cross out the number 2
4. Write in the number 3
5. Maybe actually try to get this one to market
45. 0xFFFF (Posts: 1980; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
5. See many rumors of iPhone 6 with rounded corners. Make next phone with more rounded corners.
(I'm sorry, but your #5 is not believable. Unfortunately, Sony can do many things, but get phones to market is not one of them.)
34. zmtfatzombie (Posts: 12; Member since: 16 Sep 2013)
What Sony needs to improve is it's audio department.
Their 3.5mm jack audio output is so lame. I couldn't use a headphone without an amp because the volume is so low.
46. 0xFFFF (Posts: 1980; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Sony is once again being dumb and protecting their small portable DAC/headphone amp business by making their phones subpar when it comes to audio output.
Little does Sony realize that as they sell more phones, it won't take long before everyone thinks all Sony products have suck audio, not just the phones.
49. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2176; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Are you deaf or something? I don't even go close to the max volume and it's still loud enough to hurt my ears...
55. Amir1 (Posts: 240; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
maybe he likes to get tinitus. listening to music in very high volume, especially with headset in high volume will surely 100% cause tinius and/or hearing loss over time. ask heavy metal music fans. japan has high standards for that, that's why sony limits the upper volume. althuogh that can be canceled with changing the settings/apps.
63. 0xFFFF (Posts: 1980; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
"I don't even go close to the max volume and it's still loud enough to hurt my ears..."
It depends on the headphones. Plug in a set of pro headphones that are more difficult to drive well and the Sony is not very loud. Basically the iPhone 5c/5s and the HTC One M8 are the only two phones that deliver high quality headphone output with a wide range of headphones.
64. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2176; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Well I have a quite high quality Creative gaming headset and those Sony's noise cancelling headphones. Both go very loud with quality audio.
If you're so worried about how loud the output is, go get a super high quality MP3 player which crushes any phones audio output in both loudness and quality.
69. zmtfatzombie (Posts: 12; Member since: 16 Sep 2013)
I have Xperia Z1 and my headphone is Sennheiser HD 380 pro.
My headphone performs different when i plug it into my cousin's iphone 5. Much Much louder while I can't hear very well with my Sony. That's the truth. :)
68. Amir1 (Posts: 240; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
japan has high standards for health. that's why sony is limiting the upper volume! as i wrote down listening to music in high volume will 100% over time give you tinnitus and/or hearing loss. if you wish so much, you can cancel the limitation with changing the settings/apps.
35. mega20913 (Posts: 13; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
I'm sorry but I just can't get excited about Sony phones. For one the UI looks boring, and if I did want one where the hell would I go to get it. I'm not going to spend hundreds of dollars to import it, and no carrier offers them at the moment. IMO Sony shot themselves in the foot when they pulled out of the American market.
38. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 790; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
My biggest question about this is "Why"? I'm not caught up in the "MOAR Pixels/GHz/MP" race, but why release a phone that is functionally the same, with only a different design to differentiate, 6 months after you released the same phone? They should just call it the Z2S (They shouldn't actually call it anything, and stop wasting resources on a new version of the same phone and just get the Z2 out everywhere). It seems like Sony is attempting to follow BB and HTC into oblivion.
39. ABC_123 (Posts: 4; Member since: 11 Jul 2014)
not like an omnibalance design. in the xperia c3 website, in the design features they didnt use an "omnibalance" word...
41. fzacek (Posts: 1152; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
This shows that Sony's 6-month release cycle is pretty dumb...