Linux kernel 3.10 gets big.LITTLE support, should help Ubuntu come to the Galaxy S4
1. ama3654 (Posts: 249; Member since: 27 Nov 2012)
Brilliant! Now my S4 Octa will have a proper kernel as it should and dev support opens up, UNLEASH THE POWER!
2. jordan30589 (Posts: 15; Member since: 23 Jan 2012)
Yezzir now we're really going to see this phone's true potential!!
3. AppleHateBoy (unregistered)
I think you don't know that a component called "CCI-400" is broken in the Exynos Octa. This component was a vital component which would have helped increase both performance and battery life if it wasn't broken. So you may have to wait until Note 3 or S5 to see a properly functioning chip.
5. ama3654 (Posts: 249; Member since: 27 Nov 2012)
According to Samsung Exynos there is nothing wrong with CCI and no one has verified that it has been disabled hardware level, its just mere speculation.
4. AppleHateBoy (unregistered)
Does this allow for Heterogenous Multi-Processing mode to be used on big.LITTLE?
6. antmiu2 (Posts: 183; Member since: 19 Jun 2011)
Michael H i see what you did there with the title, clever!