Leaked screenshots show Android 4.1 for Sony Xperia S
The Sony Xperia S is expected to be updated to Android 4.1 no earlier than April, based on information that Sony released last month. The updated OS build will start with 6.2.X.X.XX and have a new 3.4 kernel, compared to the current 3.08 kernel. Of course, there will be new features for the user of the device including those seen on newer Sony handsets like Power Management, Find My Xperia and Screen Mirroring. And there is the usual bag full o' Google 4.1 goodies like Project Butter and Google Now with the latter updating you with information you need to know, when you need to know it.
Down below, we have some screenshots for you to take a look at, which were culled from an Android 4.1.2 test build for the Sony Xperia S. You like?
source: Xdadevelopers, XperiaBlog via AndroidAuthority
Sony Xperia S Android 4.1.2 update Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Google’s Project Ara: the first 'Lego' phone toys around with grand ideas
17 Apr 2014, 09:00
Sony Xperia S Android 4.1.2 update
1. jubbing (Posts: 150; Member since: 20 Aug 2008)
I prefer the swipe up and down to unlock screens like on Windows Phones. Really don't like the one on the S3.. and iPhone as well.
3. Olanzky (Posts: 1; Member since: 22 Jan 2013)
you can swipe anyway you like on S3. have you bin your manual?
15. jubbing (Posts: 150; Member since: 20 Aug 2008)
Yea I don't like the swipe anyway thing. Prefer straight up and down.
13. jinxed (Posts: 107; Member since: 10 Jan 2013)
i also wish der was an option to switch between dark and light holo themes
2. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 397; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
Wooh! I have always wanted the new lock screen!
Don't lose hope my dearest Xperia S! JB is coming!
I hope Sony can still optimize Android 5 in Xperia S.
4. ZetanAlaz (Posts: 14; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
+1. I'll keep my Xperia S for this awesomeness. It feels like eternity since the last update.
12. jinxed (Posts: 107; Member since: 10 Jan 2013)
temme about it!.. but i think wid sony's history..this update will b d last one 4 our dear S.
5. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
hope it gets 4.2 quickly as well, this phone deserves photosphere.
6. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 644; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
I find it funny when HTC launched Jellybean for the One X some months ago everyone was like "OMG, so late!! HTC SUCKS!" But now Sony is even latter and everything is alright.
7. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 397; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
"OMG, so late!! HTC SUCKS!"
Well I guess that is the opinions of HTC owners.
As for Xperia owners, yes, we can sometimes "hate" Sony for being late but at least they try to bring the latest OS.
9. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 644; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Nah, mostly Samsung fanboys are the ones that bash HTC.
8. SonyFan (Posts: 22; Member since: 22 Jan 2013)
Sony is bringing updates late, but with NO bugs.
so that the update is perfect
10. HDShatter (Posts: 1014; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Thats because HTC promised Jelly bean, the xperia s was considered a dead device and nobody expected an update.
14. jinxed (Posts: 107; Member since: 10 Jan 2013)
I agree Sony is late, but they always compensate it by bringing sumthin beautiful in their UI
16. kareemshalaby (Posts: 1; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
i love sony and i love my xperia s :D amazing smartphone