LG announces May 27 press event, LG G3 comes to mind
1. galanoth (Posts: 401; Member since: 26 Nov 2011)
Too soon LG.
Wait for the 805 if you're gonna go 2560x1440.
Also, the G2 just came out in September.
Is everyone moving to the quick update cycle?
4. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Pretty much they update whenever the new Qualcomm chips are available. For whatever reason, Qualcomm put the bulk of their efforts behind the 801 instead of the 805. So we get a batch of phones using 801s. Not a bad thing, but the 805 is a slightly better chip.
9. wargreymon (Posts: 446; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
Still chance G3 week be using snapdragon 805 since it was expected to be available around this time. In a month or maybe shorter we will know.
13. zhiae (Posts: 188; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
Oppo find 7a vs find 7 qhd vs fhd
Better chip indeed
2. AndroidStuff (Posts: 41; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)
Get Set Folks, Phone of the Year 2014 is Coming!!!
6. DEATHSTROKE9 (Posts: 399; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
*says this in Tropic Thunder Jack black style" yeaaah!!!
5. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
The G3 seems very much like the G2 -- great screen, good camera, terrible "buttons on back", and meh everything else.
16. 3rdDegree (Posts: 211; Member since: 13 Jul 2013)
How would you know? Have you had a hands on with one? No? Then shut up.
7. refillable (Posts: 832; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
I hope they really put SD805 to at least wiggle the Note 4 a bit. I mean they did this last year with the SD800, so SD805 will still be possible. Plus, thehttp://www.phonearena.com/phon
es/Pantech-Vega-Iron-2_id8511is also around the corner. Also We want more accurate IPS display that beats the S5, 16MP with improved OIS+, cleaner UI and that isai design. I also hope that it's not going to be bigger than the G2.
8. Denco (Posts: 110; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
It's sure going to be an exciting wild party of Smartphones this year. I wish LG a great outing but they must be ready to spend heavily on worldwide marketing or the expected LG G3 will struggle to thrive in already heated turf of flagships that be and those about to come, like iPhone 6. Only the fittest, most bullish will survive the burgeoning smartphone war this year.
11. silver (Posts: 22; Member since: 02 Aug 2012)
hope it will be launched with SD 805 eventually
please do your best LG
12. androiphone20 (Posts: 1654; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
LG kinda teases that the G3 might be coming with a premium metal finish, aaaand they have a gold version. The Verge says LG could also be pulling a Samsung, basically they are using the tagline "to be simpLe is to be Great". - best bet for Android Silver
14. 3rdDegree (Posts: 211; Member since: 13 Jul 2013)
I don't think so.
LG is rumoured to be manufacturing the next Nexus. It would defeat the purpose.
17. djm63401 (Posts: 13; Member since: 17 Sep 2012)
They Re going to using there own octacore processor 64 bit
19. _Aaron_ (Posts: 6; Member since: 30 Apr 2014)
"To be simple is to be great?"
Sounds like "back to basics" from Samsung.
A very dark omen.
20. shamatuu (Posts: 159; Member since: 02 Nov 2011)
please have a 805 not 801 and a big battery