It's a sell out! Nokia Lumia 800 out of stock in Ireland
As far as seeing the Nokia Lumia 800 on a carrier in the States, late last year there was some speculation that Verizon and AT&T were testing out an LTE variant of the phone, but so far there has been no word from either carrier about the device joining either operator's lineup.
1. nanozander (Posts: 85; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I'm not convinced. Source may be bias.
...I'm just sayinn~
3. jove39 (Posts: 1554; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Good for Nokia...phone is very well designed...I like unibody construction...wish nokia considers Android based phones in future.
13. nimo (Posts: 72; Member since: 11 Jun 2010)
Yes its very nice to look at, maybe a tad weighty. Not convinced totally about the screen , there's a funny tinge of the white, like when your staring at the tv to closely.
Dont even get me started on the software bugs!
4. jtech (Posts: 101; Member since: 14 Jul 2011)
How about no, why does every android user want nokia to make android phones? Their not its like saying WP is laggy just like android it isn't going to happen. Sorry for sounding negative about android but it is true
20. ladyhaly (Posts: 106; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Probably because you're not the only consumer in the world. You can sleep with your WP7 if you want to, we're not going against that. So why do you have to drive a wedge into what WE want?
5. bluechrism (Posts: 99; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
"As far as seeing the Nokia Lumia 800 in the States.."
It was announced during CES that the Lumia 800 would be coming as an unlocked device to Microsoft stores in the USA (people may have missed this amongst the hype for the 900). I was told the hope is for early/mid feb for this and that one version of the retail box will include Luna and Monster Purity HD headsets, and a Play 360 speaker, all colored to match the handset. Depending on pricing that could be one sweet box. Everyone around the Nokia booth had that same info if you had asked them. And there are no immediate plans to see it on a US carrier, though Telus (i think) is picking it up in Canda.
6. jcpwn2004 (Posts: 314; Member since: 18 Jan 2012)
meh not really interested in this phone, I am interested in the 900/910 though
8. raymondma (Posts: 8; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
WP and nokia haters please stay out of this article.. .please don't ruin the good news, of you don't like it, then go somewhere else.. .
12. nimo (Posts: 72; Member since: 11 Jun 2010)
This is a DISCUSSION board, not a dictator board, people will write what they like.
9. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
My first quick though when i saw the headline was as if Nokia is selling itself.
10. snowgator (Posts: 3448; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Nice to see it. I think Nokia/Microsoft are going to be a great combo. Excited for the 900 series to kick off to see what they do with a higher spec device. No offense to either the 800 or 710, but the 900 will really show the potential of these two.
11. nimo (Posts: 72; Member since: 11 Jun 2010)
Its not a sell out, I've just sent mine back, so there is at least 1 left ;-) Biggest pile of crap I ever bought. 8mp camera my arse ! Shots come out blurry. Audio is terrible, and it only charges up to 77% before telling you its full.
15. Stoli89 (Posts: 333; Member since: 28 Jun 2010)
I didn't know they sold the Lumia 800 in SF, California.
16. nimo (Posts: 72; Member since: 11 Jun 2010)
I dont know what they sell in California, im in the Republic of Ireland, you knob
17. bluechrism (Posts: 99; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
DOn't get me wrong, not saying these things don't happen or you shouldn't be frustrated at these issues, or shouldn't have returned it.
However, these are all issues nokia is aware of and are releasing software updates to fix.
18. nimo (Posts: 72; Member since: 11 Jun 2010)
I wouldn't be happy buying a Ferarri with 3 wheels, would you ? Even if they were aware if it and said we'll send you the other one in a couple of months.
19. nimo (Posts: 72; Member since: 11 Jun 2010)
Having an opinion based on experience and facts is not "hating".