Intel’s 4th generation “Haswell” processor to make formal debut at Computex, June 3rd
This new line of CPUs will power laptops, ultrabooks and other portable devices. In fact, Intel has already started shipping the new silicon to OEMs.
Haswell is promised to bring a significant boost in performance will being as much as 41% more power efficient. That means great things are in store for the Computex event as well as new hardware that will be making its way to market as early as this summer. It is possible we may get a glimpse of what Microsoft has in mind with Windows Blue around this time as well so this could be a super-sized event.
The first Haswell chips will be quad-core units for higher-end laptops, but the power efficiency of these CPUs all but guarantees that we will see them in ultra-books and smaller laptops. It is also expected that Google’s Pixel Chromebook will adopt the Haswell chip.
source: Intel (Twitter) via CNET
3. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5399; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
If only we can convert 3,337,200,000,000,000 nanoseconds to $3,337,200,000,000,000 (USD)............
Nope, just kidding! By the way, that nanosecond thingy is awesome!
4. ITEngineer (Posts: 54; Member since: 26 Mar 2013)
3,337,200,000,000,000 nanoseconds = 927 hours = 38.62500 days...
I just calculated it in my head....lol
13. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
You really calculated all this mentally!! Really!
Amazing..!! Congo! :)
5. PhansMuneeb (Posts: 347; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
so i'm delaying my laptop purchase to get hand on this new h/w....i'm excited c'mon Intel...
7. MC1123 (Posts: 1238; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
how about baytrail+ really looking forward for cheaper windows tablet!
8. longtian (Posts: 14; Member since: 13 Apr 2013)
I'm still waiting for some time to buy a computer
9. jove39 (Posts: 1276; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
With this Surface Pro 2 can last for a day of medium to heavy use?
10. chocolaking (Posts: 438; Member since: 22 May 2012)
Oh yay!!! another faster CPU released to the consumer's world!!
14. imkyle (Posts: 982; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
I just got the Macbook Air with the Ivy Bridge. I think I'm good.
17. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5722; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
"I think I'm good."
At least for a year or two. By then, the replacement to the Haswell will be shipping in the latest MBAirs.
15. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6375; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
All those zero hurts my eyes mind blogging. whats after a billion?