Huawei allegedly interested in manufacturing the 2016 Google Nexus 7
1. WPX00 (Posts: 303; Member since: 15 Aug 2015)
Please do this, I'm looking for a tablet replacement next year and holy s**t all the good options are expensive and all the cheap options are bad.
5. sgodsell (Posts: 3638; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
Although the Nexus 9 tablet was the best to date (IMHO). Especially at 1/2 a teraflop or 500 gigaflops. They should have had more ram and storage options.
6. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
The Nexus 9 was goog because of lollipop but that's about it. The Nexus 10 was by far the best at its time. Ridiculously display, ridiculous battery life, top shelf cpu A15 cores when A15 wasn't due until next year. Only SOC able to handle the resolution at the time. Stock Android.
It was top shelf through and through and I still use it despite the battery needing to be replaced.
The Nexus 9 has a few major issues despite the excellent Tegra k1. It's freaking heavy for a semi portable 9 inch and way too small to be a movie machine.
The buttons are just terrible.
And the back cover flex, horrible.
18. Techist (Posts: 242; Member since: 27 Jan 2015)
All Google needed to do with the Nexus 10 was refresh the internals (SoC, RAM, display technology, etc) and bump up the storage (add 64GB and 128GB), and I would keep going back to it. The Nexus 10 was an awesome tablet - so good it forced Apple to release the iPad 4 6 months after the iPad 3 because the Nexus 10 would have simply wiped the floor with the iPad 3.
10. Zylam (Posts: 758; Member since: 20 Oct 2010)
LOLOLOL where have you been? Even Sean Connery knows of the Nexus 5X.
14. Cyberthing (Posts: 127; Member since: 18 Nov 2014)
I want a sub 5 inch nexus so I want another Nexus 5 refresh. The current 5x isn't doing it for me at all.
16. Commentator (Posts: 3689; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Not to mention the difference two years can make. The Nexus 5 was a high-end handset at a midrange price. The Nexus 5X is a midrange handset at a midrange price...
3. T-Dizzle (Posts: 111; Member since: 21 Jul 2015)
Please let Huawei make a nexus 10 or 12 as well. My wife has taken over the nexus 10 and I never see it anymore, lol.
4. Shocky (unregistered)
7" tablets are dead, the majority that have owned the Nexus 7 want something bigger, the customer base has moved on.
20. MaryPoopins (Posts: 160; Member since: 15 Jan 2015)
I love the 7" 16:9 form factor so much I recently picked up another 2013 Nexus 7.
I would buy the f**k out of a 3rd gen model.
7. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Why would they go back to the Nexus when they already opened the Pixel C Pandora's box?
Might as well just design it yourself Google and call it the Pixel 7.
Then eventually make a Pixel phone. Where is this pixel C btw? It's supposed to make the holidays but if it doesn't release soon, you won't be able to receive a package until after Christmas. Lol
9. Tziggy14 (Posts: 443; Member since: 02 Sep 2014)
They seem to be pretty aggressive to ingrain themselves into the US market. First with the 6P and now this?
Sorry Huawei, but it's not gonna work as long as national security concerns are always linked with your name here.
12. Zylam (Posts: 758; Member since: 20 Oct 2010)
After the 6P breaking in half, I'm not going near a Huawei made product that costs more than 200. The internal design is beyond horrible in the 6P. Not worth paying so much.
13. droidboy (Posts: 50; Member since: 25 Nov 2012)
I really hope its true... My nexus 7 2013 died on me... I am so sad :/
15. Sidewinder (Posts: 429; Member since: 15 Jan 2015)
A 7" tablet with thin bezel can still be a good proposition. What made the nexus 7 2012 and 2013 big and clunky looking was the big bezels..
17. RoboticEngi (Posts: 715; Member since: 03 Dec 2014)
Nooooo not huawei. All they build are butt ugly crap....
19. xperiaZlover (Posts: 202; Member since: 15 Nov 2015)
No not huawei.give that to samsung or sony.
Like to see a sony nexus device.
21. MaryPoopins (Posts: 160; Member since: 15 Jan 2015)
Great news to start the day. Nexus 7 3rd Gen FTW :)