Honor 5X goes official: Huawei's sub-brand blends affordability with stylish metal design
1. Ghost04 (Posts: 321; Member since: 03 May 2014)
A good successor of 4X .
4X was = Huawei G7 .
5X is = Huawei G8 .
2. stijnvbrummelen (Posts: 41; Member since: 20 Dec 2013)
No the 4x is not the G7. The G7 is completely different. The 5X has a lot in commen with the g8 though.
4. carlemillward (unregistered)
He probably means the Honor's X series are very, very similar to that of the G series.
15. Ghost04 (Posts: 321; Member since: 03 May 2014)
What I mean is the spec .
G7 had the same spec as Honor 4X
And now G8 has the same as Honoe 5X
The Honor serises is actually an budget alternative to The G-series .
3. Achillias (Posts: 40; Member since: 24 Sep 2015)
I don't like on-screen buttons (waste of screen estate) and never will.
11. NFSHesham (Posts: 257; Member since: 04 Feb 2014)
This s a 5.5 inch device
Even with the on screen buttons you would still have alot of screen estate to spare
5. carlemillward (unregistered)
I wonder why Huawei does not make their home screen look like the Huawei Union.
It looks much more refined and less iOS-like.
9. hafini_27 (Posts: 855; Member since: 31 Oct 2013)
Because they want it to look like IOS, just a grid of icons and folders.
10. carlemillward (unregistered)
But why make it compulsory, they can have a toggle depending on which you prefer. Beats downloading Google Now Launcher or Nova Launcher.
7. hanabi (Posts: 177; Member since: 08 Oct 2015)
Does anyone outside china actually buy chinese phone? Im sick of seeing oPpo vivo meizu xiomi huawei htc Gionee you name it
13. fyah_king (Posts: 188; Member since: 22 Jul 2013)
Yes, Huawei Nexus 6p is selling like hot cakes.
14. Tziggy14 (Posts: 437; Member since: 02 Sep 2014)
Huawei is already top 3 smartphone manufacturers in the Middle East and Africa. And gaining ground in places like australia and new zealand.
16. rajivgandhi (Posts: 3; Member since: 15 Nov 2015)
we expect very much of phonearena review for honor 5x.
any body do review quickly