Here's how images from the 135-degree main camera of the LG G5 compare
1. gtrc11 (Posts: 32; Member since: 05 Feb 2015)
The zoom option is a very great thing to have.
2. shaineql (Posts: 344; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
Speaking like other smartphones cant zoom this much just as easy , what is this 2x , 3x ?
5. gtrc11 (Posts: 32; Member since: 05 Feb 2015)
mmm, the zoom is like one camera but in fact is changing between them if you want to see more.
3. shaineql (Posts: 344; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
I actualy tought 2 cameras would mean better picture quality or something , but turns out its just marketing move for stupid people.
17. NoToFanboys (Posts: 1111; Member since: 03 Oct 2015)
Stupid are the ones who call others stupid just because they bought a phone with a unique feature.
4. gtrc11 (Posts: 32; Member since: 05 Feb 2015)
Also it really depends on the person taking the photo, the cup one looks better the wide angle.
8. Penny (Posts: 1647; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
Mmm, the heavy barrel distortion on the wide angle ruins it for me. Otherwise would have loved to have it.
15. Penny (Posts: 1647; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
Yeah, that's they do call such wide angle lenses with this type of distortion, often intentional, "fish-eye" lenses.
23. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 1371; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
That's on all wide angle lenses. Nothing unique to the G5. Also it can be little bit corrected in photoshop etc to look more normal to our perception.
9. bur60 (Posts: 832; Member since: 07 Jul 2014)
I would love to see some 1080p action videos with the LG!! That would be amazing. Money goes to the s7 tho, much better all round.
12. nebula (Posts: 515; Member since: 20 Feb 2015)
Look at that distortion. Thanks but no thanks.
19. ibend (Posts: 3501; Member since: 30 Sep 2014)
clip-on fish lens + 16MP main camera may give better result than this secondary camera :-/
20. Shocky (Posts: 2232; Member since: 16 May 2012)
If I asked somebody before what feature they want in a new phone and they said a wide angle camera I would have laughed.
Oddly enough that's what I did when watching LG's presentation, where did they do their market research? are they picking random features out of a hat? Why? :D
21. franckyvinvin12 (Posts: 10; Member since: 16 Feb 2016)
Looks cool. I'll wait for deep down camera tests and comparisons, but I just came back from a week skiing in the mountains and I think most of the pictures I took would have looked better on a 135° camera.
22. tokuzumi (Posts: 927; Member since: 27 Aug 2009)
I know LG said the camera software isn't final. Thank goodness, as those pics are not very good. I do like the features of the G5. Samsung did a great job with the S7 by refining the S6, with the larger battery and expandable storage. But I'm a little more excited by the G5 than I am with Samsung's offering this year.
26. Skimshaddy (Posts: 32; Member since: 23 Feb 2016)
27. Skimshaddy (Posts: 32; Member since: 23 Feb 2016)