HTC One Max leaks, company’s first phablet
So far, we have heard multiple rumors about the upcoming phablet, and here’s what it all boils down, we’ve summed it all up in the specs below:
- 2.3GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 SoC
- 5.9-inch 1080p Super LCD3 display
- 2GB of RAM with 16GB of internal, microSD-expandable storage
- 3200 or 3300mAh battery unit
The HTC One Max could get unveiled as early as September 4th at the IFA show in Berlin. We’ll be there covering it all live, of course, so stay tuned.
HTC One Max leaks
1. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 781; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Specs look great. And design as looks stunning. But i am worried about camera . Hope they put an 8mp ultra pixel at least.
also hope they would include a pen functionality like the one on note series with some great functionality.
best of luck HTC.
12. newbey123 (Posts: 408; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
The stylus is not the big of deal for me. As some friends with Note say they dont even use theirs anymore, hence the reason they are planning to upgrade to the One Max, even without the stylus.
21. Topcat488 (Posts: 1141; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Awww golly HTC, Get rid of the top and bottom bezel, leave the front dual speakers though... You need 3GB RAM... And at least 32GB of internal storage like the HTC One w/sd card slot... Anyway the S-Pen got the "WIN" hands down... Multi-Window, Air-view, etc... I laugh at "Finger writers", while using my clever S-Pen.
28. amats69 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
If HTC put the "multi window" and "air view" features to the htc one maxx im sure youre the 1st one who will react and bash htc on copying samsung.lol!
31. Commentator (Posts: 2402; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
I laugh at both while using my clever on-screen keyboard.
20. KParks23 (Posts: 448; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
No1 uses the damn stylus anyway... If this thing comes to vzw imma be pretty excited!
27. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1841; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
True... i never used the stylus.... maybe twice
2. Daftama (Posts: 563; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Seriously by the time you come you will be late in the game G2 and N3 will take over
30. Commentator (Posts: 2402; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
How do you know when it's coming out? According to the article it could be announced the same day as the N3.
32. Daftama (Posts: 563; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
The problem with LG and HTC although they make great phone marketing wise they are not getting their name out there as much as iphone and Galaxy.... Iphone is hype galaxy became a hype now the rest are trying to jump on and to be honest Nokia is the only one who is getting any action because of their camera mostly again mass marketing one has been out one max won't be much of a different ball game G2 has some nice features again if ppl don't know about it.. The phone will go down just like G1 hopefully they do well hate when the market is controlled by 2 as they say only the strong survive the
3. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1619; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Go HTC!!!! this thing will be beast but they need to through something special to compete with the note 3...
5. amats69 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Looking forward for this phone! Hopefully HTC will make some improvement to the Ultrapixel Camera..the Ultrapixel camera on HTC One is Good for a 4MP Camera.and it is good on low light shooting..but on daylight it is not as good as other flagships today.so i hope HTC will give some attention on this. Specs wise it is a beast! Boom sound! It is a wow factor! Sense 5 is awesome, and i cant wait to see what will they offer us on sense 5.5! The 3200 or 3300 battery i think is enough for this phone(hopefully) Plus the rumored finger print scanner...so HTC make the HTC One Maxx the perfect phone! Focus on Camera! Im excited. :)...so hard to decide this phone or the sony z1..
6. MistB (Posts: 571; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Is that sqaure thingy the fingerprint sensor then seeing as it was these same guys who leaked the fingerprint scanner in the photoshot of all three HTC one variants.
8. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5404; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I'm looking forward to this phone. The fingerprint scanner is the most exciting feature to see, and I hope the One Max will have at least 8 Ultrapixels. Don't disappoint us, HTC! Good luck!
9. twens (Posts: 616; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
To me this HTC max is useless. Why such a big phone with big bezels on both size? When it comes to phablets designs all I want is the screen taking the whole space on the front of the phone. Samsung knows how to make big phones better than any other company out there period. If HTC continues like this even their 1% market share will decrease to 0.99% lol
24. EclipseGSX (limited) (Posts: 1587; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
The bezel on the Note II isn't even that much smaller than the One Max... If they got rid of the Boom speakers it would actually be smaller if not the same.
26. amats69 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Then dont buy this phone! Buy samsung! As simple as that...!diot
10. Whateverman (Posts: 3198; Member since: 17 May 2009)
If you're gonna take on the Note 3, you simply have to have a stylus. Many don't use it I'm sure, but most love having a stylus again. And that two button config is a pain in the a$$. Make the HTC logo functional out of the box and quit making the hurdles to your own comeback. I would love to get the Max but not simply for the bigger screen, it needs more functionality. Either way...great looking device!
11. newbey123 (Posts: 408; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Awesome, love it! Need to unleash this beast. Been waiting to buy a good phablet and glad that HTC finally put one out. Hope it releases soon, been sitting on my upgrade for 5 months now. Hope that plastic rim outside is only for the asian market and that the US version will be like One, which is aluminum all the way around.
13. JMartin22 (Posts: 973; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
I'm a bit concerned about the design engineering of the design. The HTC One, whether you think it looks good or not; wasn't the most brilliant piece of hardware unit around. It was extremely long for a 4.7 inch display, matching some 5 inch phones. The on-screen software buttons weren't as well integrated as those of the Motorola Moto X or the LG G2, those of which looked less intrusive to the screen real estate than the HTC One's. Plus the general build quality issues with the HTC One scratching and blemishes; the poor repair-ability rating would drive up costs possibly if something happened to your device off of warranty coverage. Last but not least, some user complaints I've seen about dead pixels over on XDA-Developers awhile back.
25. amats69 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
As far as ive remembered.i havent read any comment of you that says good to htc and to thier phones...
14. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3540; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Hopefully they will make a Windowsphone version of this device...
15. N.Reynolds (Posts: 257; Member since: 15 Feb 2011)
In the last picture isn't it showing that it will have pen functionality?
16. newbey123 (Posts: 408; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Yes, its supossed to come with a pen type input, that is why the Max will come with sense 5.5, to integrate this feature in.
17. DukeX (Posts: 327; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
Funny how samsung Bashers blame samsung for the same design while this just has thinner bezels. No doubt it will be a great phone but it's no threat to the note 3.
18. bwphotoguy (Posts: 18; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
I hope this time HTC wakes up and adds a user replaceable battery!
29. orielwindow (Posts: 92; Member since: 23 Sep 2010)
Now if only the AT&T cell phone black hole doesn't get it exclusively..... Come on Verizon!
33. epicandroid (banned) (Posts: 40; Member since: 08 Nov 2012)
To be honest, it actually looks really ugly, because its an outstretched version of the One. Don't get me wrong, the design is nice, as in materials, but it looks out of proportional to the point where look ugly just looking at the pictures..ugh~