HTC One M8 now available to buy at AT&T and Sprint locations, T-Mobile will have it tomorrow
Just like Verizon, AT&T and Sprint are asking $199.99 on contract for the M8.
HTC says that its new flagship handset “has landed at retailers nationwide” - which likely means that locations like Best Buy and Walmart are selling it, too.
T-Mobile isn’t offering the HTC One M8 at the moment, but it will do it starting tomorrow, April 11 (for $0 down and $26.50 per month for 2 years).
The timing is perfect for HTC, because Samsung’s new Galaxy S5 is also going to be widely available in the US starting tomorrow. According to a previous report, HTC is happy with initial M8 sales. It remains to be seen how things will go from now on, though.
You can read our HTC One M8 review here, and, why not, our Galaxy S5 vs. One M8 comparison here.
HTC One (M8)
source: HTC (Twitter)
1. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2043; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
C'mon HTC, release a WP version of this beast!
2. Finalflash (Posts: 1799; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Still won't sell, the downsides are still going to remain and putting WP on it won't make them go away.
3. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2043; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
I don't care about it selling or not. I will be purchasing a WP version of this. That's what matters to me.
5. zachattack (Posts: 579; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
the "downsides" are opinionative at best
4. wilsong17 (Posts: 962; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
6. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1299; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
HTC One M8 has been on sale at my AT&T store for a week already... o.O
8. Doakie (Posts: 1268; Member since: 06 May 2009)
Really? Once the GS5 and M8 are in AT&T stores I'm going down to check them out. I'm leaning GS5 because of the higher resolution camera. But I have to see them in person first.
14. superguy (Posts: 271; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
All the AT&T stores around here have had it since Friday at least. I bought mine on Saturday at the store in Towson, MD.
18. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1947; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Same here, I played with it,, unfourntely the camera was covered, by the alarm thing,, the phone is actually ok
7. Doakie (Posts: 1268; Member since: 06 May 2009)
So much for having a lead time over the Galaxy S 5. Essentially 1 day or exact same day for most of the people in the US.
I don't consider online only sales to be a great lead time. I'm a smartphone fanatic yet I'm even wary to buy a device without being able to touch it first.
9. alexbword (Posts: 4; Member since: 13 Feb 2014)
Its been for sale at sprint stores for a week or so.
10. papss (unregistered)
I have this phone and its really nice in the hand. My biggest and really only complaint is the power button being flush
13. newbey123 (Posts: 431; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Awesome phone. Glad they rolled it out without problems like last year. Best android offering for this part of the year. Good job HTC.
16. chebner (Posts: 142; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I got my Sprint variant a week ago. I got it on line at Best Buy.com. Awesome phone!!!! No complaints what-so-ever. I was worried about the siaze but it really doesn't feel much bigger than my Evo 4g LTE that it replaced. The quality of the BoomSound speakers more than justify the increased size.
17. karkavelas (Posts: 58; Member since: 25 Oct 2013)
Just got the phone today...
One word: AMAZING!!