Google and Samsung announce the Nexus 10
12. tahnik posted on 29 Oct 2012, 12:05 12 24
Specs are amazing but this is too ugly to buy...
They should take help from Sony for design....
27. PhenomFaz posted on 29 Oct 2012, 12:38 6 11
Sony is literally dead so its a good thing they dont take cues from Sony...they dont wanna go that way!
Whats ugly about it...it looks a lot like the Note 10.1 which has a decent enough design and the specs on this beast are awesome
30. itsjustJOH posted on 29 Oct 2012, 12:55 8 1
The design is not just for aesthetic purposes. Watch this video from The Verge, then you'll understand why they did this and that.
46. dodo1234 posted on 29 Oct 2012, 21:12 0 0
The design is fine, besides, the majority of ppl, myself included, place a back cover on their smartphone anyways :)
22. PhenomFaz posted on 29 Oct 2012, 12:14 6 6
OMG! OMG! OMG!
Its here...finally a tablet with the sweeeeeet Super AMOLED baby!
check out the price for this beast...$399...take my money ...u better take it or I am gonna shove it to you Google!
THE BEAST UNLEASHED!
24. RaKithAPeiRiZ posted on 29 Oct 2012, 12:15 5 2
Join the club .......I'm glad I didn't buy the Note 10.1 ......399 means I can get 2 for me and my girlfriend
44. stealthd posted on 29 Oct 2012, 20:34 0 0
Except it isn't really AMOLED, phonearena kind of jumped the gun there.
52. PhenomFaz posted on 30 Oct 2012, 07:25 0 0
oh man! but this jelly bean offering is sweet enough even now :)
3. sheik posted on 29 Oct 2012, 11:58 3 2
This is my next!! But will that support cellular connection? or just wifi only?
19. RaKithAPeiRiZ posted on 29 Oct 2012, 12:10 2 0
WiFi only buddy ......I think they will add a cellular modem next year like the Nexus 7 3G
4. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 29 Oct 2012, 11:58 2 2
Wow, great value now the adapted apps are coming.
43. thelegend6657 posted on 29 Oct 2012, 18:47 0 0
Asus infinity has a 3G version , any information on the nexus 10 ?
6. darkvadervip posted on 29 Oct 2012, 11:59 4 12
Boring. The human eye can only see so much. No thanks.
15. sheik posted on 29 Oct 2012, 12:07 7 2
STFU. This shows you know nothing about tech. the human eye can perceive upto 477ppi at a normal viewing distance if it has .6 arc minute vision. So many people may have less than .6 arc minute vision. So If its boring then get the hell out of here...
25. hung2900 posted on 29 Oct 2012, 12:20 2 0
OK but we still need something more than full-HD on 10.1 inch tablet in which 2650x1600 resolution is the best for 16:10 aspect ratio.
And we still need a fastest updated device (Nexus) and a fastest hardware (first Cortex A15 with powerful Mali604 GPU)
50. Berzerk000 posted on 30 Oct 2012, 01:50 0 0
Have fun with that Exynos 5, King. I wonder where Remix is, he should be drooling over this,
8. BadAssAbe posted on 29 Oct 2012, 12:00 2 1
All tablets need a amoled display due to the screen buttons that never go away.
Day One Buy :-)
11. IEatApples posted on 29 Oct 2012, 12:04 5 0
Very nice tablet and specs but android tablets have been around for over 2 years now and the app catalog for tablets is still unacceptably small and the apps that do exist are absolute garbage compared to ipad apps. Android has a lot of potential for tablets but won't ever do well until developers get on board and make some beautiful tablet apps like in ios.
16. McLTE posted on 29 Oct 2012, 12:08 1 0
It's no different than with the phones..
With more tablets sold, the apps will explode in numbers.
Trust me.. the pricing on the Nexus7 and 10.. will make for some impressive sales.. which leads to developers scrambling to get in on that action!
This is good for Android tablets.. reasonable price and great specs! I'd take this over an iPad any day!
20. tahnik posted on 29 Oct 2012, 12:10 3 3
yes....Android has always grown better than anyone...
But this is ugly as hell...
14. ilia1986 posted on 29 Oct 2012, 12:06 5 3
2650x1600 Super AMOLED?! OMG - That's just too awesome, Samsung! :D
Eat that iPad\mini!
Shame there's no SD card though, but hey - you always got the cloud. :)
18. tahnik posted on 29 Oct 2012, 12:09 2 4
Man,Android doesn't even much apps for 1024x768...
23. Sakeem posted on 29 Oct 2012, 12:14 2 0
An SD slot would have put this over the top. I'm looking forward to seeing the unboxing and performance videos.
29. darac posted on 29 Oct 2012, 12:51 1 2
Google - FAIR, and innovative
Latest and greatest technology for minimal price
Apple - GREEDY and arrogant
Two year old technology for maximum price
32. maxspecs posted on 29 Oct 2012, 13:49 0 0
well i think this tablet is really revolutionary unlike the nexus 4
34. The_Innovation posted on 29 Oct 2012, 15:16 1 1
Now Apple can't even claim having the best resolution with their "Retina".
36. deuel_18 posted on 29 Oct 2012, 15:59 1 0
now the have to edit their commercials saying "this is the second best retina display" XD
45. DerryAhmad posted on 29 Oct 2012, 20:44 0 0
Wish this has a 3G/LTE connection. Maybe an updated one next year?
47. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 30 Oct 2012, 00:24 0 0
sounds good...especially the new cortex-a15 exynos 5!!!
but i actually dislike the whole plastic construction!!! lighter than the iPad 4?yes... but will it be a premium looking device compare to the iPad 4? NO!
plastic make it sounds so cheap!
even though its just $399, still hope that it is not a plastic device!! hope they'll use premium material!!
this is the reason why i dont like samsung making the designs... they could do the hardware but not designs!! they're a big disaster!!!
48. KingKurogiii posted on 30 Oct 2012, 01:04 0 0
i think i'll be a little open minded here because a down side to larger tablet is their unwieldiness. o:
49. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 30 Oct 2012, 01:17 0 0
but actually 10" is not that big... but it is big!
the only thing that i'll consider big is the surface tablet! 10.6" is ridiculously tall in portrait and long in landscape!
i hope microsoft stick to the 10.1"! so im hoping the lumia tablet will have 10.1" below screen size! for being comfortable in the hands!
53. KingKurogiii posted on 30 Oct 2012, 12:24 0 0
it's big compared to what i want and that's something i'm just completely comfortable with just grabbing and taking places on a whim. my Xyboard 8.2 could fit in my back pocket and i could use it with one hand. if i wanted to bring something that was inconvenient then i'd just bring my ridiculously more powerful Laptop.
51. schinnak posted on 30 Oct 2012, 02:09 0 0
Looks fantastic. but no SD card slot? Why Sammy why???? Thats the huge let down for me :-((