Good sales of HTC One lead to a second month of sequential growth for HTC
The Taiwanese phone maker recorded sales of NT$19 billion (around $642 million) in April which is still way down compared to the NT$30 billion the company had in April of 2012. But those yearly comparisons aren’t really very indicative given the company’s troubled state. What matters right now for HTC is to make maximum use of the momentum with the One.
Those two months of continuous growth have analysts hopeful the company can start a comeback.
There are a lot of hurdles in the way but HTC’s own target of NT$70 billion for the second quarter of the year now seems realistic.
source: Unwired View
28. osmaankhaan (unregistered)
I like the htc one but the problem is HTC phones has no resale value...
39. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5214; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Do you know what is "resale value"?
Your comment doesn't make any sense dude! :(
81. osmaankhaan (unregistered)
I think HTC fanboys r only here to thumbs down any comment which isn't in favor of them whether it "makes any sense" or not..
lets see how many thumbs down this comment get!!!
92. ecmedic4 (Posts: 195; Member since: 02 May 2013)
I believe the samsung fanboys do the same thing. Everyone should be free to choose what phone they like best without being bashed or their choice being bashed, its childish. I could careless what phone someone else picks, their choice.
66. amro99 (Posts: 76; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
Good resale value comes after popularity, so once they sell more and become popular, this problem with automatically go away (look at iphone, toyota, etc.)
79. chocolaking (Posts: 430; Member since: 22 May 2012)
My htc one is a very well designed smartphone.
the touch on my hand, and the blink feed , and zoe are really nice innovations. Good job HTC! And I love the wide angel on the f**king ultra pixel camera! :D
S4 is a nice phone. but. if it was a different design. It would have be a way better phone.
38. alouden (Posts: 188; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Why would someone vote down your comment? Geez. Well, kudos to HTC on coming out with another good phone.
41. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5214; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Ignore them, trolls love getting thumbs down and they love to thumbs down other peoples.
Trolls just want attention, if we ignore them, they will "magically" disappear. :)
40. amiroo (Posts: 269; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
54. amats69 (Posts: 1017; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Dude include here the review of HTC one in pocketnow and anandtech :)
62. dr_fajardo12 (Posts: 107; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
theverge said that they preffer the one that the s4
84. osmaankhaan (unregistered)
i think 'the verge' should change their name to 'the weird'
53. sharks (Posts: 164; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)
HTC worked their ass off and successfully combined all of their expertise into the HTC One and despite a temporary parts shortage for its revolutionary Ultrapixels camera (which slowed down mass-production for its first two months after launch) and Samsung paying college students to post false negative comments about the HTC One, it's great to see HTC finally making some profits.
91. vincelongman (Posts: 1041; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Good to see, i hope accessories makers make more accessories because currently there are not much for the HTC One.
2. gerasim (Posts: 16; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
i love my htc one the best phone in the world. good luck HTC
29. osmaankhaan (unregistered)
The best and proven way to find out the best in the world android smartphone is only by sales figures so let the sales speak for itself..
61. amats69 (Posts: 1017; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
seriously? if you have time, please try to exercise your brain. ok?
82. osmaankhaan (unregistered)
tell me the ones u do...if u have a brain in the first place...
64. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
The last time I saw a comment like this... It was from an Apple fanboy...
83. osmaankhaan (unregistered)
there's a big difference in that time and now, since that time there was literally no competition but now the competition is neck to neck so only way to determine is to agree upon one proven way and what's better than sales to do so!!
70. rawbow (Posts: 409; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
you mean what apple said right? Please don't make android phones into whoever sells the most is the best thing..appreciate tech and uniqueness in the market
76. amro99 (Posts: 76; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
Instead of fighting for a company as if it is your father's, purely based on stupid sales figures (just google: how to increase our sales,.. to know how many factors affect the sales), try to appreciate the company that truly innovates and brings useful features that benefit consumers.
So to put it in simple words: htc one in many ways is what your previous pbones have never been: exceptionaly looking good, great ff stereo speakers, great low light pics, zoe and blinkfeed,
On the other hand s4 is everything your phone has already been and just improving it further,
93. ecmedic4 (Posts: 195; Member since: 02 May 2013)
Not really as everyone has a personal preference. Just cause one phone sells more then another doesnt automatically mean its the "best", as sells figures dont speak for EVERYONE. No single phone is PERFECT for everyone, no matter what sales figures say. This comment is for osmaankhaan.
42. Note2waitingonNote3 (banned) (Posts: 87; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
How's that battery life on your Htc One? ?? Pretty sure it's way below My Galaxy Note 2. If you can prove 19hrs of battery life daily with 9 to 11hrs of onscreen time daily.
47. gerasim (Posts: 16; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
the battery life on my HTC ONE is amazing. it last 1 full day and few hours more. i watch alot of YouTube views and play games and listen to music. i have to give htc big credit this time they fix there batteries past issues for the htc one they listened. i'm so happy with my HTC ONE
48. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
I own a note2 but dont treat htc one like that.. it is a very capable device
78. rawbow (Posts: 409; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
I have a note 2 also and i am amazed by HTC One..Respect HTC!
3. eness (Posts: 6; Member since: 03 May 2013)
LOVE MY HTC ONE!!!! i hope HTC have a great year they deserve it. they worked very hard
18. j3poysy (Posts: 2; Member since: 15 Apr 2013)
I'm glad HTC ONE is getting positive reviews. It will push Samsung and other competitors to innovate...
19. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
All of those top smartphone manufacturers are innovating including Apple ;) . . :)
37. cheetah2k (Posts: 772; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
The last time Apple innovated was 2007... Since then its been the same o same o just in a different guise.
46. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
But i can still read some apple's new patents.. i dont love apple nor hate them coz i dont have d right, it is just that i dont like iphone for me haha :)
Samsung, Sony, HTC, Apple, LG and others are innovating..
We can accept this if we are open-minded and leave the hate in d dust :)
85. ecmedic4 (Posts: 195; Member since: 02 May 2013)
Good post, not everyone has to love every company, but you dont have to bash the ones you dislike, or bash the ppl that love the one you dislike. Everyone has a personal preference and its good that we have choice. Imagine if all we had to choose from was samsung and HTC, that would be boring pretty quick
4. roscuthiii (Posts: 1785; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Was playing with one in the store today... damn does it feel nice in the hand.
36. osmaankhaan (unregistered)
So u have feeled the only thing it has..
65. rizevnarastek (Posts: 329; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
And now we know where the single dislike came from :D
86. ecmedic4 (Posts: 195; Member since: 02 May 2013)
Everyone has a personal preference, get over it. You dont have to like a certain company, but it also doesnt mean you have to bash on them. If you dont like their phones, simply dont buy them, not like those companies are bashing you personally or hurting you in anyway. Ppl need to stop being such radical fanboys and let ppl pick the phone they want and get over it. And this comment was for osmaankhaan
6. preet27in (banned) (Posts: 173; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
wow really happy about htc. good job and do even better in marketing.
7. preet27in (banned) (Posts: 173; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
iam sure after all these comments samsung fanboys a*** is gona burn!!!!!!!! R.I.P samsung galaxy s4
10. GALAXY-STORM (Posts: 328; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
Nothing to fear,as sgs4 is still the better phone overall and is selling more. Wait for few months as numbers will speak for itself.
12. ksenia (Posts: 25; Member since: 29 Apr 2013)
stop fighting they both android each person will buy what they like. the sales numbers will come in few months. don;t say s4 is better phone because that is not true. what is better phone is what someone think is better. they both great phones.
15. GALAXY-STORM (Posts: 328; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
Reviews say s4 is the better phone between the two of them.
17. hawra (Posts: 21; Member since: 29 Apr 2013)
not true all websites give the htc one the best phone and only cnet give the s4. so stop the lies and everyone here knows all review websites give the htc one the best phone for 2013. people are not idiots they can read you know
20. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
Gsmarena, Phonearena, Cnet, (the Verge-out of 10 factors, htc one outper4ms gs4 in design only but that made a huge difference coz gs4 got only 5/10)
Both are great phones in their own reason and for a group of consumers
26. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
Did androidauthority mention that gs4 is better than htc one??
45. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5214; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Umm.....they didn't, but they made a fair comparison. :)
50. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5214; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Huh? Smartphone prevail?
They won't say which smartphone win or lose, they will just say which smartphone is more suitable for you.
And so, there you have it, Android Authority always make fair comparisons! And they're your source for all things Android! :)
57. chistoefurpuffer (Posts: 139; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
The s4 won buddy, sorry to rain in your parade.
74. amro99 (Posts: 76; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
As well as pocketnow (particularly their editors personal choice), and engadget
75. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5214; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Yeah, I almost forgot! Count them in! :)
43. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
Why the red marks??
Thats a friendly argument, im on both sides okay.. seems that when i mentiond good thing abt d gs4, dislikes are coming, but when i give credit to htc one, then likes are coming :)
59. synot (Posts: 88; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
You are the one who is lying S4 gets the nod on every website for best phone overall and not only best phone but light years above competitors with its software .Why all the hate against Samsung when everyone knows that Samsung makes the best phones today?Htc makes good phones yes like all other competitors but only Samsung goes the last mile to add the little xtra that makes them different .