Gold plated HTC One (M8) will be an exclusive to the Middle East
The HTC One (M8), which has already been released in some other parts of the world, including the U.S., will be available on April 4th in the U.A.E and Saudi Arabia, priced at 2750 AED ($749 USD) and 2800 SAR ($747 USD) respectively. Other countries in the region will have the phone ready for delivery in one to two weeks.
Besides having the exclusive Gold plated version of the device, the HTC One (M8) offered in this area of the world will also contain football (soccer in the U.S.) content thanks to a partnership between HTC and beIN Sports, KoorA, and EuroSport Arabia. HTC says that this is part of the company's plans to bring "regionally relevant content" to HTC handsets.
Thanks for the tip, Bhavishya
1. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1870; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
They are marketing it to the right area for sure o.O
8. Ashoaib (Posts: 2976; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Ofcourse it is a marketing... how many gold plattings do you want? your spoon, knife, watch, phone's back cover, or whatever item made of metal... sounds expensive but its not that much
9. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1870; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
If I have the kind of money that some rich people middle eastern has, I might want everything I own plated in gold :P just saying.
3. oister85 (Posts: 442; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
So is going to be a gold phone with a big price tag " but is only 4 mega pixels camera.
4. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1870; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
but it's plated with gold haha it's a status thing not camera thing :P
5. HTCOE (Posts: 630; Member since: 20 Nov 2011)
indeed. they have real cameras for photos and phones for social media sharing...gold is the luxury
7. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1870; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Indeed. Gold beats any feature you can find in a smartphone haha
6. TheGoat (Posts: 18; Member since: 03 Mar 2014)
You need to have dat Arab money to get this phone. Literally.
10. linaresx (Posts: 101; Member since: 13 Jun 2013)
That's OK we should be getting that bacon plated KIN 3 pretty soon here in the sates. mmmm ...bacon