Flappy Bird is coming back to the App Store, just not now; game will feature warnings of its addictiveness
In January, Nguyen took his game down because he felt that it was becoming a real problem for many players. Flappy Bird came out of nowhere, getting players hooked with simplistic gameplay. At the time that the game came down, Flappy Bird was bringing in $50,000 a day in ad revenue. And with the big hole left by Flappy Bird's departure being filled by many copycat apps, the return of the original game should remove some of these knockoffs from the App Store.
While Flappy Bird is returning, Nguyen's tweet said that it is not coming back soon. The developer will probably need the time to add those warnings for game players that he wants to see included with Flappy Bird's return. And while the developer mentioned only the App Store, we're sure that the game will return to the Googe Play Store as well.
source: @dongatory via PocketLint
4. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
I am not sure I buy into the flappy phenomenon, seems manufactured, full of lies. He thinks it needs warnings of addictiveness? meh, its a lame game that became popular because it was being pulled, its future success will not end the same IMO
6. androiphone20 (Posts: 1599; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
It just went viral that's all no one was supposed to like it
15. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4537; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
The most garbage game ever... Why people are addicted to this BS clearly shows how dumbed down today's youth has become.
Some Atari 2600 games are more intricate & with better mind stimulation than this piece of Sh*t. Also let me add the game is too f*cking easy also. My 5 year old can get 25 or more without even trying.
17. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Hey, that's not nice, that's really offensive to billions of iOS users.
18. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4537; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
lol What up Papinyc???
Man long time... Sorry iOS users. lol
19. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
That would be a BILLION apologies to you, your benevolence, SAE :)
P.S. I downloaded the apk using tTorrent Pro after it was pulled from the Play Store; installed it; played once and, then, uninstalled. Pure horse manure. But, iGuess "some" people are so desperate and, as you point out, lacking, that ANYTHING iStiMulAtes them. They probably spend the rest of their spare time handing out transfers or asking for exact change .... lol
23. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4537; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I mean you can only tap the screen so many times... lol
That's exactly how I felt... I checked it out because everyone was talking about it, but then I had the bright idea of the century...
Let me introduce this game to a 5 year old. Definitely stimulating to him. lol
20. Ninetysix (Posts: 1815; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
LOL...try again brosephine. #1 in Google play store when it was out.
21. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
I played it just to see how far I could get and got 147, I think I'll stick to my 360 .-.
22. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4537; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Yeah I hit 89. I could have gone much further but I really found it to be VERY dry... I didn't delete but put it in my kids folder cause my son finds it cool.
It's definitely in his league... you know the kindergarten segment, Nick JR, Sprout & Disney JR. lol
3. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 935; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
Let's hope he adds an exit button as well
5. Sauce (unregistered)
Wish I could get this on my Note 2 instead of its main clone. Keeps crashing for me.
7. imyourpapi (Posts: 70; Member since: 04 Jan 2014)
Never uninstalled mine, still trying to beat my score of 59 lol
8. ameyabb (Posts: 10; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
Even I never uninstalled. Trying to beat mine - 306. Lol. And yes, it definitely isn't as addictive as people are making it out to be.
9. Lt.Green (Posts: 397; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
This is great news. After getting hooked playing this over my cousins phone, I regret uninstalling mine. Top score 86.
13. rns122112 (Posts: 49; Member since: 20 Jan 2014)
What type of platform do you have? iOS or android? Cause you can get it back on both from your purchase history
16. hurrycanger (Posts: 1446; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
You're right. I just installed it on my other phone now. What's weird is that it didn't work before. I got some error showing up. Now it does install.
10. hurrycanger (Posts: 1446; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
The bird turned invisible on my phone the day after the game was removed on play store. I kinda miss it, lol.
11. chocowii (Posts: 367; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
Why did Flappy Bird never removed from WP Store?
12. sip1995 (Posts: 1142; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
We don't need this, there are so many clones in the app store/play store/windows store .
24. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Anyone get to the point where it shows that flappy bird is a female? There is also a lesbian love scene for those that get really far into game...