Flappy Bird clone already available for Windows Phone
Earlier this week, we told you that an official Windows Phone version of Flappy Bird was around the corner. However, until this arrives, a Flappy Bird clone is already available to download via Windows Phone store (for free, of course).
The clone that's available now is a clone in the true meaning of the word, having exactly the same 8-bit graphics and the same simple gameplay. But at least it doesn't seem to be as terrible as some clones that are downloadable on Android and iOS.
If you haven’t tried Flappy Bird yet - the original one - we’re not sure we want to recommend it. It can be very addictive and also terribly frustrating.
source: Windows Phone store, Twitter
1. papss (Posts: 2868; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
effing clones! im wondering why he isn't upset by this
2. alltechinside (Posts: 222; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
Flappy bird (original) is a clone of other retro style games... It would be ironic (if he does attempt to sue) to say the least...
flow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_sourc e=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=S ocialflow
3. sprockkets (Posts: 845; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
He isn't worried cause no one is there to even download it /s
4. Liveitup (Posts: 225; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Since when is Fifty million WP users considered no one.
5. rodneyej1 (Posts: 2535; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Yeah, only over 50 million people can possibly use the app....
Everyone agrees that 500 million people are a lot of people, but not even the biggest fool looks at 50 million people as "no one" as you put it.... Do you?
6. rodneyej1 (Posts: 2535; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
17. NokiaFTW (Posts: 492; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
If he isn't worried about no one downloading that clone, then why would he promise to have the official game in the store in 10 days time?
7. Sauce (Posts: 729; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
It's funny how availability of an app on WP is newsworthy. A reason I stick with my iP5s and Note 2
8. rodneyej1 (Posts: 2535; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
They don't cover availability of new apps to iOS, and Android?..
You think it's funny now, but if you had any foresight you would see that these articles are showing that day, by day, WP is nothing to laugh at...
Speaking of laughing... I'm holding a Lumia 1520 in my hands right now, and tha hardware kills both of the old, played out, devices you just mentioned... What do your devices have that WP doesn't? More apps!.. Maybe you should be worried that WP is getting apps now..... Not so funny now, is it....
9. XperiaOptimusOne (unregistered)
Doesn't it bother you that you always get pseudo-versions of the original app?
10. VLaRueC (Posts: 80; Member since: 18 Dec 2012)
NBA Jam isn't on android. It's on WP, though. Is it on ITUNES?
13. lalalaman (Posts: 218; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
Well the pseudo versions are better than those apps on android or ios....wp pseudo apps are fast and compatible....take an example of 6tag or 6sec...poki
19. ihavenoname (Posts: 840; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Yup... I've seen WP fans raving how great Metrotube is. I tried it and it was MUCH worse than OG app. MT is actually worse than iOS 5 Youtube app for me.
12. Sauce (Posts: 729; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
Who needs foresight when you have an Android or Apple device?
18. ihavenoname (Posts: 840; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Played out, old? Sorry, Note 3 is a beast when it comes to performance and 5S, it kicks Lumia 1520 in speed. Note 3 takes advantage of big screen, while Lumia just adds one more row of those one-colored 1996 AOL squares. Note can film 4K video, do multiwindows, stylus stuff etc. iPhone has Fingerprint sensor, fast and easy camera, stunning feel thanks to presicion cut corners and finished aluminium, and OS which is awesome. And because it's iPhone, it's cool as hell. And we are not even talking about app stores, where N3 and 5S win it by million miles.
22. Odiin (Posts: 67; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
Most of the time PA covers only apps about iOS and Android. I think that time u r sleeping?
Talk your presicion cut corners and aluminium stunning feel when it comes to Note 3. Why dont you talk about os blotware mess in Note 3? Why dont you tak about Windows smoothness and compare it to Android? What about restrictions in iOS? Yup 10+ mil apps? How many are usefull? What about security? Its never ending lol,
If you people dont like particular OS then why bother to comment? Every OS has its own merits & demerits. Enjoy what you like instead of bashing unnecessarily.
20. PapaSmurf (Posts: 5807; Member since: 14 May 2012)
How's that 64-bit processor running on your 1520? Didn't think so.
30. Ikechukwu (Posts: 103; Member since: 03 Oct 2011)
How's it working on your IPhone 5/5s (can't even tell the difference :( )
14. NokiaFTW (Posts: 492; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
How is it funny? Would you bother to explain?
16. Liveitup (Posts: 225; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
The reason it is news is because back in the day the lack of major apps was seen as a weak spot for WP and many including iOS and Android fans bashed WP because of that, now things are rapidly changing so its new worthy.
21. Odiin (Posts: 67; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
Whats all the fuzz about this game? I wanna try.
23. nasznjoka (Posts: 220; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
well its normal wp gets everything last get used to that mr MS (rodneyj)
27. NokiaFTW (Posts: 492; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
That's funny cuz it got Halo: Spartan Assault first.
24. papss (Posts: 2868; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Why is it that most WP articles are full of virus like these fandroids? Ironic. Hmm
shows how effing stupid most if these lemmings are. Pathetic
28. Edward_bly (Posts: 56; Member since: 11 Dec 2013)
So why doesnt Nokia sell more phones than Samsung, Sony, LG, and HTC all together?
And by the way I like Nokia phones, as for Android phones, well, I like them better.
29. Edward_bly (Posts: 56; Member since: 11 Dec 2013)
Someones mad because a popular game didnt come to their phone. Enjoy those clones. And lemmings? Really?